Would a play off work?

BIGBISCUITOOO

Going a little stir crazy and looking at scenarios that would allow the league to be "finished".
Going way out on the sporting integrity limb but we are all looking for a better resolution than what we have currently.
Would all the premier teams and possibly the top 4 championship accept a one off game to decide placing? By this I mean 3rd plays 4th with home advantage, one game only.
We would not be allowed to play at Parkhead I would think so Hampden possibly.
Hearts play Hamilton to decide who goes into a play off with the championship team for relegation or promotion.
Not thought it all the way through but I have until June to do that.

Surely the issue is actually getting games of any kind played? If we can have a playoff we can play 8 games in the same fashion.

Going a little stir crazy and looking at scenarios that would allow the league to be "finished".
Going way out on the sporting integrity limb but we are all looking for a better resolution than what we have currently.
Would all the premier teams and possibly the top 4 championship accept a one off game to decide placing? By this I mean 3rd plays 4th with home advantage, one game only.
Hearts play Hamilton to decide who goes into a play off with the championship team for relegation or promotion.
You have until July to think about it as the June date is when training will be allowed.
Good news :rolleyes:

In response to the OP if we were 13 points ahead of the mentally challengeds in this position, would you accept a playoff to decide the league?

In response to the OP if we were 13 points ahead of the mentally challengeds in this position, would you accept a playoff to decide the league?
Nope I wouldn't but my sporting integrity would kick in and for the good of the game I would accept that scenario. Definitely need to get out for a walk.

If we were top, I would want the season completed. But if the SPL awarded us the title( no laughing at the back ) I certainly wouldn't embarrass myself by claiming NIAR

If we were top, I would want the season completed. But if the SPL awarded us the title( no laughing at the back ) I certainly wouldn't embarrass myself by claiming NIAR
It's really going to be for years to come them saying they won it and us coming back with no you didn't.

Nope I wouldn't but my sporting integrity would kick in and for the good of the game I would accept that scenario. Definitely need to get out for a walk.
Absolute nonsense you'd accept it. These debates are pointless and you're making yourself look daft.

No, I'd hate to win the league in such a manner. If it can't go to the team with most points after all games have been played, then it shouldn't be awarded.

No, I'd hate to win the league in such a manner. If it can't go to the team with most points after all games have been played, then it shouldn't be awarded.
[/QUOTE
You would think calling a season off due to a global pandemic which has killed thousands of people is justification enough but it seems not in Scotland

Unless the season is completed their claim of NIAR is an embarrassment, and they know it.

Don’t be ridiculous. There’s every possibility Celtic could lose in a play-off and we can’t be having that.

Ofcourse you wouldn't be claiming 9iar, if were talking about us and the title this season it would be 1iar.. still nothing to shout about. However if your meaning 'if the tables were reversed", then yes I can understand.

If it was a one off match you would have to balance it that we would have to win and a draw/win for them would clinch it, to reflect their points gap?

It's not going to happen anyway.

Can't see it happening. The 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th placed teams are going into those games with nothing to lose.

C'mon, sporting integrity

That's nowhere near fair. Motherwell challenging for the title?

The league needs to be completed, the next one should be delayed to be honest and get this one out the way. As much as we want it voided, that's the fairest option.

However, awarding a title when the league isn't complete is immoral.

The fairest way is to complete it. It may be impossible using previous rules but I suspect the rest may be played out behind closed doors. 3 games a week is possible...

Don't see how the league can carry on until after the summer. What happens to a delayed 20-21 season if there's a second wave? We need to leave as much time as possible for next season's games.

Don't see how the league can carry on until after the summer. What happens to a delayed 20-21 season if there's a second wave? We need to leave as much time as possible for next season's games.
I agree with you on this but the new war chest from sky and the rest kick in and I think this clearly having an impact on mind sets

Mebbes only until 4.55 today?

Back