Would any of them get in the team of the Champions?

Edouard, McGregor, Turnbull and Ajer are all good players.

Would they get a start on current form? No. However, you can’t dismiss them as being bad players
Ajer is not as good as he is made out to be. As a right back he is nowhere near as effective as Tav. As a Centre back he is part of a team that cannot defend set pieces. He is a lump of a boy who should be on the end of half the balls thrown in. The fact is he leaves that to Duffers and previously, Julie-Anne. He has pace and sometimes is good at blocking shots. I would still take any one of Helander or Balogun ahead of him. Goldson is miles ahead of him.

The other 3, bench.

Ajer is so overrated on here because he has good pace and technical ability on the ball for a centre half, but as a defender he's just not that good, certainly nowhere near the level of Goldson, Helander & Balogun. Wouldn't get near our defence - even the mentally challengeds don't rate him particularly highly.

Edouard is a cracking player and I'll be glad to see the back of him.

McGregor with better coaching would do a job in our midfield and could see him being around the same level as Ryan Jack.

Turnbull is a good player. Would've liked us to sign him if we had the money as a long term replacement to Arfield. He would have scored at least twice the amount of goals if he played for us this season.

The rest of them are different levels of absolute pish to below average and wouldn't get near our match day squads.

Mcgregor is a good player trapped in a rotten squad with a rotten management team, wouldn't touch Ajer with a bargepole, he is decent on the ball but he's a big freak and gets found out against better opposition as we see in Europe.

Edouard is genuinely all I would say.

Im not going to pretend the rest of them are terrible but imo only he would add something to us, and by saying that I would still be starting Alfie.

Turnbull perhaps but its more potential with him.

Put it another way, if the players at Celtic were at another club and we signed any of them bar the striker then I wouldn't feel like it was a leap forward in quality and in particular for our aspirations regarding the Champions League.

Very few, if any. I look forward therefore, to the giants of journalism in the Scottish media, along with the usual rabble of washed up ex-mentally challengeds, pontificating about how long it will take and how much it will cost for that lot to catch us again. Think when Gerrard arrived, these geniuses reckoned we were about 10 years and £70m away from competing with them.

Possible a couple, based on innate ability. Factoring in attitude? None now. Turnbull perhaps one day. But certainly not now

Over an in form Alfie? Not for me.
Probably an unpopular opinion and not a slight on Alfie, at this time and at the top of his game I think he edges it. Having said that their styles and approaches are completely different. Weirdly, Alfie’s game is tailor made for the SPFL except they’ve managed to throttle his combative approach. I think they’ll both go onto stellar careers. In a year or two Alfie might be better in my eyes. He’s certainly got the potential.

If you rate them based on this season - none, but if you take into account their underlying ability previously shown and presume our coaching could improve them then - Edouard, McGregor, Turnbull, Forest, Christie and Ajer (if you ignore the personalities of some of them), have previously shown objective ability possibly capable of being coached into being around our first team.

On any given day, combinations of Kamara/Jack/Aribo/Balogun/Helander/Hagi/Kent/Itten/Defoe can't get in our side.
What chance have those losers got?
Their best keeper and full backs aren't even as good as our backups.

Oh aye all good enough to put our shirt on! B-)

I think not! Personally I wouldn’t take any of that mob.

Probably an unpopular opinion and not a slight on Alfie, at this time and at the top of his game I think he edges it. Having said that their styles and approaches are completely different. Weirdly, Alfie’s game is tailor made for the SPFL except they’ve managed to throttle his combative approach. I think they’ll both go onto stellar careers. In a year or two Alfie might be better in my eyes. He’s certainly got the potential.
Both different but Alfie can play anywhere. In any league he will get more protection than in the swamp that is the SPFL. He can play for any team. French Boydy has to be in a team that has huge possession. Alfie can pull a team on his own if he has to. Just my opinion as well. I think Alfie will have the better career dependent on the clubs who will bid, obviously. If a mid league EPL club took both the one to thrive would be Alfredo. Neither are going straight to a top 4 team.

Edouard on form would start, Ajer has decent potential so would probably get in on form but other than not no. McGregor maybe but when he has been out of form for ages what is his top form?
If we're talking ifs and buts, Edouard on form is a quality player no doubt... however Alfie on form ie pre Jan last year, its not a question for who's the best

If you rate them based on this season - none, but if you take into account their underlying ability previously shown and presume our coaching could improve them then - Edouard, McGregor, Turnbull, Forest, Christie and Ajer (if you ignore the personalities of some of them), have previously shown objective ability possibly capable of being coached into being around our first team.
This season was huge for them, all of these players showed that they couldn't handle the pressure of having a true and realistic challenge thrown upon them, that signifies to me that they would be out of their comfort zone if they were ever part of our squad.

They can't step up a level, That's been demonstrated with their euro campaigns. As a club we're looking at better than that.

Who are they going to replace in our team?

Pretty shocked at how many are saying Ajer. Our defence has been immense all season whereas he has been at the heart of a defence conceding at pretty much every cross into their box.

Add to that he is a complete and utter fanny.

Under the correct coaching, Turnbull could be a player who could eventually replace Davis. Eduard, with our backroom staff, could play beside Alfie and score 30+ goals a season.

Don't know any of their other players, El this and El that, couldn't pick them out a line up of three people - does Roy Aitken still play for them?
With better coaching Turnbull.
Edouardo is a good player when he can be bothered

Edouard (in form)
Ajer (Sub)
McGregor (in form)
Forrest (in form)

I would take Edouard in form and play him as a starter and use McGregor & Forrest rotationally the way Gerrard has done with our midfielders this year. I'd take Ajer as a sub as I think he is a decent footballer but i'd get him in doing proper coaching and training to try and get rid of some of his bad habits (going to ground, getting caught in no mans land)

I am sure there could be a case for some of the others but that's about it. I would worry about their attitude tbh.

Who are they going to replace in our team?
Rotation options mainly.
Midfielder wise - Zungu obviously replaced, then Davis is getting on in age and Jack is picking up more injuries so rotation options in midfield are required.
Ajer is an ass but purely looking at potential he would be a backup, he is clearly not being coached well.
Forest is very productive in goals and assists - 38 goals or assists in each of the last 2 seasons before this one.
Edouard, if he was bothered, would get in our front 3.

Last edited:
You can completely rule out their back 5. I think McGregor, Christie and Edouard would get in the squad but none would be automatic starters.

Edouard wouldn’t suit our style of play.

One of the main reasons for our relative success in Europe as opposed to their dismal failure, is Alfie ability to be a one man attack and the work ethic and selflessness of our players, for that reason I would not take Edouard before our Alfie or any of their overpaid and overpriced players for that matter.

I can’t think of any one of them that could improve our team

Perhaps their 5m goalie ( ballboy)

Duffy ( head pigeon spotter)
There is only one player they have that would enhance our team and that is a fully fit and in the mood Edouard.
Even then, if both were playing to their max, I’d be selecting Morelos.

It would be interesting to know if the Tims rate any Rangers players? Possibly, McGregor, Tavernier, Barišić, Davis, Kent.

Their best player is Edouard but he isn't as god as Alfie so the answer is no.
I do think Ajer, Forest and McGregor are good but not any better than their Rangers counterparts. This explains our 18 point lead.

Back