Would Candeias fit in better for us now?

Baxter Blue

I was watching the rapid v game and the back heal pass by Candeias for Morelos goal was genius.
I was thinking now that our system of play is better would Candeias fit in better now and improve us?

Who does he play in front off? Would be a half decent option off the bench and nothing more, that’s why he left he wasn’t guaranteed a start.

Reactions: TQ3
I was watching the rapid v game and the back heal pass by Candeias for Morelos goal was genius.
I was thinking now that our system of play is better would Candeias fit in better now and improve us?

No. I have a lot of time for DC, thought he was brilliant for us, but when he played, him and Tav would almost share defensive duties, if Tav overlapped Candeias would cover back. Gerrard plays that the forward players play high, that's why we have the 2 CM's that cover the fullback areas.

No - he left at the right time. He didn't suit the system we evolved into playing, and he gave us a good turn but just didn't have the technique or adaptability required. He'd be lucky to get on our bench these days

Regularly missed sitters, regularly misplaced easy final balls.

He worked his socks off though and did link up very well with Tav. Moved on at t(e right time imo.

I just watched said highlights and it was brilliant. Have a keek here:

BUT we've matured as a team in these (almost) two years and the Rangers team of 2020 would beat the Rangers team of 2018 quite comfortably. We'd be tighter at the back and more creative going forward.

If he was to play in our current team, it would be on the right-hand-side of the front three.

We really need 50+ domestic goals from our front three. Candeias never really contributed to a goal return so I don’t see him fitting him.

His work rate is second to none though. He’d be very handy to have in the squad for games away to the likes of Leverkusen etc

I wanted him to stay for European games, but then we excelled again and pretty much forgot about him. Can't fault him for his effort, but his final ball more often than not was dreadful. Aberdeen at Ibrox in the cup being the last straw for me.

Not good enough to get in our team and I was a fan of his.

I love a good comedian and you are right up there.

Candeias was a level below where we needed a regular starter in our front three to be, but I would argue that we've arguably still not properly replaced him. He contributed more than any other winger we signed last summer (Stewart, Ojo, Barker, Jones) and although Hagi is definitely a better player with far higher potential, they are very different styles of attackers IMO. Would've been happy to see him stay around last season as I really liked him, especially in Europe and in bigger games such as against Celtic.

Would like to see us bring in a more 'winger' like attacker as opposed to the Hagi-style ten to play on the right hand side of the front three, although I suspect a midfielder will be prioritised (and probably rightly so).

Nope

As much as I liked Candeias, that wee back heel came in a period when he had a crazy purple patch & was playing out of his skin.

Too often he lacked that real quality in his final ball or finish.

That was a beautiful moment and goal. And then created a goal in a similar determined fashion for Alfie against hearts the following week (?)

The poets hated him and always ‘worried’ about him. That straight from several horses mouths. In a period we did %^*& all. Good wee player. An absolute work horse. If he could cross and had better end product he would be in the EPL

He would fit in really well beside windass doc and mccrorie sitting at auchenhowie cleaning the boots ....

They all made some sort of contribution whilst they were with us ( how much or little is up for debate ) but fact is we have moved the quality up several levels and these guys have been left behind ... onwards and upwards!

i really liked him and was a bit pissed about him leaving as i always thought he was a danger from the right at a time when we had no other, even when he left he was still producing the goods but or some reason both he and gerrard agreed he would be better away

He would fit in really well beside windass doc and mccrorie sitting at auchenhowie cleaning the boots ....

They all made some sort of contribution whilst they were with us ( how much or little is up for debate ) but fact is we have moved the quality up several levels and these guys have been left behind ... onwards and upwards!
an utter shit and disrespectful comment about a very good rangers player

i really liked him and was a bit pissed about him leaving as i always thought he was a danger from the right at a time when we had no other, even when he left he was still producing the goods but or some reason both he and gerrard agreed he would be better away

Rangers have "reluctantly but respectfully" allowed Daniel Candeias to talk to a Turkish side about a possible move, says Steven Gerrard.

The Portuguese winger, 31, is in the final year of his Ibrox contract.
He was not involved in either leg of Rangers' 10-0 Europa League first qualifying round rout of St Joseph's.

Speaking after Thursday's 6-0 home win, manager Gerrard said he wanted Candeias to "stay and fight for the shirt", but feels the player "wants to move on".

The club Candeias is poised to join is reported to be Genclerbirligi and the Ibrox manager added: "I had a conversation on Wednesday with Daniel and he said he wanted to go and speak to a team in Turkey. We've had an approach and we had a real adult conversation.

"I said I wanted him to stay and fight for the shirt and be part of the squad but he said he wants to go and explore the situation in Turkey so we reluctantly but respectfully granted him permission.

I genuinely don't think Candeias gets enough credit on here. Not sure if it's because he was a Pedro signing or what, but I liked him and was disappointed when he left. And yes, I know Morelos and Jack were Caixinha signings too.

EDIT: That's not me arguing to bring him back. I'm just surprised at the reaction to him on here, that's all.

Had a few really good games and a few inconspicuous games. He wouldn't get into the team now so I don't understand why it's a question

Rangers have "reluctantly but respectfully" allowed Daniel Candeias to talk to a Turkish side about a possible move, says Steven Gerrard.

The Portuguese winger, 31, is in the final year of his Ibrox contract.
He was not involved in either leg of Rangers' 10-0 Europa League first qualifying round rout of St Joseph's.

Speaking after Thursday's 6-0 home win, manager Gerrard said he wanted Candeias to "stay and fight for the shirt", but feels the player "wants to move on".

The club Candeias is poised to join is reported to be Genclerbirligi and the Ibrox manager added: "I had a conversation on Wednesday with Daniel and he said he wanted to go and speak to a team in Turkey. We've had an approach and we had a real adult conversation.

"I said I wanted him to stay and fight for the shirt and be part of the squad but he said he wants to go and explore the situation in Turkey so we reluctantly but respectfully granted him permission.
aye as i wrote that i thought about his age but couldnt remember what it was
thinking back now i remember thinking he only had another one good season in him and it was probably a case for the well being for everyone to leave when he did

Back