Would Candeias fit in better for us now?

He wasn't good enough then and he isn't now.. however, his partnership with Tav is one we miss, and we need a player 'like' him to help Tav, but far better standard. He would always link up well with Tav but ultimately hit the first man with a cross 9 times out of 10 and we'd be on the back foot.

Still gutted he left but at the end of the day it was his choice. He could have stayed and fought for his place he was definitely good enough but no player should be promised a starting position as weve seen with alfie

I was watching the rapid v game and the back heal pass by Candeias for Morelos goal was genius.
I was thinking now that our system of play is better would Candeias fit in better now and improve us?
Pointless thread and the answer is no

I was watching the rapid v game and the back heal pass by Candeias for Morelos goal was genius.
I was thinking now that our system of play is better would Candeias fit in better now and improve us?

Our system of play isn’t better now, it’s that we now have better players playing in the system.

Candeias wouldn’t fit in although maybe we do miss his work rate.

Weird, was thinking about this exact question earlier today!

His work rate and speed of pressing would be more effective now than it was at the time certainly, a real underrated aspect he brought to the team was the timing and intensity of his pressing. The end product however was rarely good enough, especially with the frequency he got the opportunity to deliver a ball in.

Also too much of a hug the line winger for our present style of play, Its a no from me.

The way people go on about that pass candeias made is like the way the SMSM went on about that scott Allan pass at Ibrox, I don’t think it was that great tbh.

He wasn't good enough then and he isn't now.. however, his partnership with Tav is one we miss, and we need a player 'like' him to help Tav, but far better standard. He would always link up well with Tav but ultimately hit the first man with a cross 9 times out of 10 and we'd be on the back foot.

Our defensive record this season shows we do not 'need' a player who's sole purpose is to 'help' Tav.

If Tav 'needs' an attacking winger to cover his arse then Tav shouldn't be in team.

Candeias never was and never will be good enough, end of.

I thought he was great, most of the time, not 100% consistent. But on his game he was great. However, I'm not sure he would fit in better now. Wouldn't fit in any worse.

Candelas, I thought, was excellent for us.
However, given the fluidity of our front four this season, what did you see that’d make you think he’d adapt to this?
There was a lot to admire in his game, qualities that I wish others had, but, overall, he would not be an improvement on our game just now.
I’m sure that’s the bottom line here.

The way people go on about that pass candeias made is like the way the SMSM went on about that scott Allan pass at Ibrox, I don’t think it was that great tbh.
The pass from Candeias?
Yes, you see that level of vision and thinking in every game.

A player whose ability was drastically blown out of proportion as some fans desperately sought to fill the Iberian workhorse, Nacho Novo-shaped hole in their hearts.

So average.

Would have been a better option than barker, but not a starter.

Potentially could have converted him to a right back, but that would hinder Pattersons development long term.

He'd lost his place in our team long before he left and while he did well for us on occasion, we've moved on to better players and a new formation.

I don't see him fitting in to it personally.

No.

He was good for what we needed at the time but isn’t good enough for where we need to be.

I like him and I wish him all the best but we’re a better team without him.

The idea that Tav can’t defend without him in front of him has also been quashed hopefully.

Well that’s my idea about DC well and truly put straight.
Still think he would be a better option than Barker though.

an utter shit and disrespectful comment about a very good Rangers player
A comment made in jest to highlight he isn’t good enough for us now , no disrespect intended

I’d agree he was a decent signing , wasn’t a “ very good rangers player” , IMO you don’t win leagues with DC in your starting 11....

Again, no disrespect intended , he gave his all - complimented tav very well , but for me we are in a much better place now squad level wise.

We really do have an obsession about bringing players back. He did ok for us but nowhere near what we need now. Looking forward to next week when we will have a Bring back Jason Holt thread.

I loved DC , he’s one of several players who left that I wished we’d won a trophy for , even more than I want us to win a trophy personally, if he was signed tomorrow I’d be fine with that , he sure had the Presbyterian work ethic .

In my 40odd years supporting Rangers , that’s the best assist I can remember.

No.
He couldn't cross the road and is not good enough technically.
File under Docherty and McCrorie

Nope, we need creativity in the final 3rd to unlock packed defences. Another Ryan Kent for the right hand side is what we need.

No no no no no he was far short of the quality we required when he left he is even further away now from what we require !

Certain games suited DG, gave us alot of energy and he was really good on the press but not a first team player now, as a squad player definetly I would have happily have kept him but he wanted first team football and at his age who can blame him.

Harsh.....the guy had qualities and our squad missed them when he left. It doesn’t now! He wouldn’t get a look in as it stands doesn’t mean he was useless at the time
Why go over old ground about a average player who wanted to leave and wouldn’t get in team now.

Candeias should never have been allowed to leave.
Any time I saw hime playing I was always impressed by his work ethic and his general contribution to the team.
In particular his link up with Tav was very good
First name on my team sheet every game.

I liked him, couldn't fault him for effort. He wouldn't fit in the team now because he wouldn't get in it but would have been a decent backup but he didn't want that and left so he could play every week.
He'd rather be one of the best players at an average team than an average player at the best team, fair enough.

We need proper forwards in the front 3. I always felt he was more suited to playing wide of a midfield 4. He didn’t do enough in the box and it left the striker too isolated.

No. Other than his work rate, he wouldn't get near the team nowadays

Candeias should never have been allowed to leave.
Any time I saw hime playing I was always impressed by his work ethic and his general contribution to the team.
In particular his link up with Tav was very good
First name on my team sheet every game.

good god

Back