Would Gerrard have done better or worse if he took over a year earlier from Warburton instead of Caixinha?

KGR98

Was thinking that maybe Gerrard could have gotten more out of Waghorn and McKay etc players that left under Caixinha and considering the money Caixinha wasted in the transfer window? Would Gerrard have been in a better position and possibly won the title earlier? Obvious downside is key players like Jack and Morelos may not have came and the likes of Murphy and Candeias who also played a good part

As above, he was winning the league within a few years - whenever he took over.

I don't think he'd have done "better" if he took over earlier - there is zero evidence to support this.

We maybe wouldnt have had the same players but Gerrard was always winning a league in Scotland
I agree its not a thread born out of negativity just a thought in my head I think it could've even happen a season sooner if Gerrard had the money that Caixinha got to spend that year

I agree its not a thread born out of negativity just a thought in my head I think it could've even happen a season sooner if Gerrard had the money that Caixinha got to spend that year
Yeah mate I don't think it's a bad thread, I just feel regardless of who was in the squad when he took over it was ending with him winning the league

Not a popular opinion but I believe so or if Warburton had stuck it out a bit longer.

He was a far better manager than Caixinha or Murty

Gerrards team is the team that Warburton wished he could have had. A couple of major differences are, yes we play out from the back, but goldson is also a warrior and can kick it to fuk if he wants.

Also "we dont go to the corners", well it worked out well for us under Gerrard and could have been even better.

You can’t hide quality. Getting him in earlier can only result in better, sooner. He would have gone about things in the same way. Would we have got Morelos, probably not but he would still have got a decent striker in. Would he have got more out of the players around at the time, probably a bit but he would have moved those not up to it on and got better quality in, sooner.

At a different time he would not have built the team he has built, it would have been different players and nobody will ever know if it would have evolved the way it has in him building the team,
I would say just enjoy what we have and be thankful

Gerrards team is the team that Warburton wished he could have had. A couple of major differences are, yes we play out from the back, but goldson is also a warrior and can kick it to fuk if he wants.

Also "we dont go to the corners", well it worked out well for us under Gerrard and could have been even better.

That’s what I love about him most.

He’s not a text book. He’s vision, met with reality. We’ll play football when we can. When it’s not on, we’ll fight like %^*& to make it a success.

He’s not one big Kama sutra of glossy footballing terminology and click bait. He’s authentic.

That’s why I think he’ll go on to be a proper, top level, CL winning manager.

He is the real deal. He’s got the Jose, Pep, Klopp blend.

Rodgers was a success up here, but he was a designer version of Warburton. There is still fatal flaws in his set up. He’s too arrogant to be genuinely successful. He’s too rigid in his own views to bridge the gap.

I love Steven Gerrard.

Was thinking that maybe Gerrard could have gotten more out of Waghorn and McKay etc players that left under Caixinha and considering the money Caixinha wasted in the transfer window? Would Gerrard have been in a better position and possibly won the title earlier? Obvious downside is key players like Jack and Morelos may not have came and the likes of Murphy and Candeias who also played a good part
I don't think the club were quite at the stage at that point to support the financial requirements needed to give Steven a real chance.

I think he’s a better manager so yeah but the more interesting question for me is if we’d kept Warburton a further year. Was never winning the league for us, but if he’d had the cash Pedro got I think the squad would’ve been in much healthier shape.

That said we’d never have had Morelos, so all’s well that ends well I guess :D

Hard to say but if he was here earlier that’s one year less working under Klopp for the youth. That no doubt has been fundamental to his development.

I think he’s a better manager so yeah but the more interesting question for me is if we’d kept Warburton a further year. Was never winning the league for us, but if he’d had the cash Pedro got I think the squad would’ve been in much healthier shape.

That said we’d never have had Morelos, so all’s well that ends well I guess :D
That was another thought to me Warburton only really got the Garner money to spend if he had £7-£10 million I think he'd have got more young english players in that Gerrard and the coaches could eventually develop

No. It would have to have been 2 seasons earlier, but then he wouldn’t have been prepared He had just finished playing. Hadn’t even taken a Youth Team at that point.

Warburton‘s last season the transfer policy was a disaster and set us back as far as he took us forward, we brought in 14 players yet only 2 were in our most played starting eleven that season,

In, Windass, Crooks, Rossiter, Barton, Hill, Kranjcar, Gilks, Hodson, Dodoo, Garner, Senderos, Hyndman, Toral, Alnwick.

most regular starting eleven

Foderingham
Tav Hill, Kiernan, Wallace
McKay Holt Halliday Waghorn
Garner Miller

Difficult one.

If I could pick and choose based on our managers and owned, I’d have had King and Warburton in from the 3rd until the SPFL, and then Gerrard taking over.

Time has healed me a bit with Warburton, and I think he’d have bled some successful youngsters in time for the Gerrard factor.

It's a strange thing as ending the bheasts run earlier is the thing but no this is perfect timing.

I await a response from them & watching the hateful nonentities from Aberdeen stew in their own piss is wonderful.

Look at the teams before this season - we built up to this IMO

That’s what I love about him most.

He’s not a text book. He’s vision, met with reality. We’ll play football when we can. When it’s not on, we’ll fight like %^*& to make it a success.

He’s not one big Kama sutra of glossy footballing terminology and click bait. He’s authentic.

That’s why I think he’ll go on to be a proper, top level, CL winning manager.

He is the real deal. He’s got the Jose, Pep, Klopp blend.

Rodgers was a success up here, but he was a designer version of Warburton. There is still fatal flaws in his set up. He’s too arrogant to be genuinely successful. He’s too rigid in his own views to bridge the gap.

I love Steven Gerrard.

I think Warburton would be a top youth coach or academy director, he has good ideas about football.

He misses one thing he never played at an elite level. Gerrard has that element of do what is needed to win the match, if it is pretty, great, if its not and we get three points, great. A comparison for this, how Barton was dealt with and how Patterson was dealt with. We needed a right back, so after his penance, he was back in the team.

Pretty sure Alfredo was signed because of Jonathon johanson

Every player is scouted by part of the Club structure generally its the Manager that has the final say. If not they don’t play them or do a AVB.

There are some exceptions like Arfield and McGregor were already coming before Gerrard, even though they technically signed after he joined.

it has been done to death on here, by implying Pedro didn’t sign Morelos would by default mean he really didn’t sign Pena. You win some you lose some,

Every player is scouted by part of the Club structure generally its the Manager that has the final say. If not they don’t play them or do a AVB.

There are some exceptions like Arfield and McGregor were already coming before Gerrard, even though they technically signed after he joined.

it has been done to death on here, by implying Pedro didn’t sign Morelos would by default mean he really didn’t sign Pena. You win some you lose some,
Ok but Pena was signed because of Pedro and we got Morelos because of Johansons connections and knowledge of the Finnish game?

Moot Question, everything happens for a reason. Bin the ‘what ifs?” And lets enjoy this histocal period Bears

WATP

I don't think the club were quite at the stage at that point to support the financial requirements needed to give Steven a real chance.
I couldn’t agree more.the board that came in with Mr King inherited an empty shell of a club and the shell was crumbling.they had to stabilize the club and rebuild the football side of the business from almost scratch.

I still can't get my head around the fact of Caixinha becoming our manager. I don't know what the board were thinking. Utterly, utterly bizarre appointment.

One way to look upon all of this is that it was written in the stars....for them to sing about Terry Munro for years and years and then to have only 8.7 awarded and not won....then to lose out on their 9.7/Terry Munro so early and in doing so setting a new League record for speed of league victory for Us is just simply wonderful....it’s beautiful, an astonishingly majestic piece of scripted wonderment!! Now we have 55...in this year of all years I’m just so contented....WATP!!

Honestly??

He wouldn’t have won the league a year earlier because it would’ve been awarded via a zoom call

Gerrard wouldve found it much harder obvs because the situation was far grimmer. In many ways Rangers had to get into such a mess to generate the thinking of bringing in someone like Gerrard, and indeed it would only be with someone like him we are now here. Fate perhaps.

Caixinha was clearly a disaster for us although to give him some credit he has has success elsewhere, specifically where language wasnt an issue as it perhaps was here. It was a dire time and he was the wrong choice so a dogs dinner really.

Warburton I felt was/is a good coach but he seemed to quickly not enjoy being at Rangers which of course undermined his performance as manager and the whole thing drifted badly. It ended badly as well which is a pity as it couldve and should been very different, at least with him leaving on amicable terms and thanked for his efforts.

Still, all roads led to Steven Gerrard and 55. Winning!

Was it Pedro that bought in JJ? So he may not have been at Ibrox to bring in Morelos. Also if wasn’t Pedro that bought in JJ he may have left when SG took over

if SG has came earlier would Liverpool been willing to let Ryan Kent go out on loan at that point or other players we signed been available? Would we have played barisic’s team and in result sign him, Granted he could have signed players equal to or better than we he has so far.

The same however a year sooner we would be in the last 16 of CL this season not the EL.

wh
who cares he took over when he did and won us 55

Back