Would going a goal down and coming back to win before game on 2nd be welcome?

Big Vern

Our team's never been behind under Stevie G - I'd like to see us go a goal down then come back and win before facing them on 2nd.

It would give the team additional confidence if we didn't get a good start.

I definitely think the team has enough character to come back but I'd like to see it

Gerrard will have them well prepared for when we do go a goal down. I actually think we will relish it and come back strong.

Clean sheet, always.

But if it ends up 6-5 with a deflected clearance hitting their net, I would take it.

Get what you are saying but going to the shit tip having never been behind for a single minute means that we have been to Aberdeen, Croatia, Slovenia, Russia, Motherwell and Kilmarnork and always been the team on top so if we go to the piggery like that then we should be going very confident of leaving with at the very least a draw.

Our team's never been behind under Stevie G - I'd like to see us go a goal down then come back and win before facing them on 2nd.

I definitely think the team has enough character to come back but I'd like to see it
Nah, feck that.
If we go a goal down, that's it, over, no more,

guerrero1012.png

The Old Firm is unlike any other match, going a goal behind to learn what it might be like should that happen in 2 weeks is irrelevant.

I personally think they're gonna steam out of the blocks and try to unsettle us right from the off. That doesn't change the fact that they're vulnerable to set pieces and crosses into the box. We could go one or even two behind but if we target their weaknesses then we'll beat them.

Ridiculous hypothetical nonsense. Similar to OG from Brown etc in the 97 minute. OP we want no goals against us in as many matches as possible.

Don’t think it matters. Partially we’ll take any win any way. Partially because nothing can really prepare a player for an old firm game.

But I get the point of the question. Fortunately I think the vulnerability that you highlight has already been addressed. You are asking if our team has the psychological fortitude to cope with adversity. I think that was already answered in the home game against Maribor. We blew a massive chance to open a 2-0 lead then blew our lead and lost an away goal right before half time. Our team of last year would have folded and lost the second half in a swathe of panicked glitches. Gerrard’s team came out like furies and blew them off the park. I think we can cope.

It's going to happen some time, just think this team, with the spirit that Stevie G has installed will have it in them to overcome most things. Not getting carried away, early days etc. but if our first comeback victory just happens to be at the Discodome......... fukin delirium !!!

Errr... no thanks OP. I’d rather win every game by as much as possible without conceding a goal. Easier on the auld ticker...

I think what the OP is saying we’ve yet to show how we would react to going a goal down

Like many of us He’s been severely traumatized by warburton, Pedro and Murty

Don’t worry mate there’s a big fast fucking choo choo train flying through Glasgow at the moment and going a goal behind will be like an ant on the track

Get aboard and enjoy the ride :D

I think what the OP is saying we’ve yet to show how we would react to going a goal down

Like many of us He’s been severely traumatized by warburton, Pedro and Murty

Don’t worry mate there’s a big fast fucking choo choo train flying through Glasgow at the moment and going a goal behind will be like an ant on the track

Get aboard and enjoy the ride :D

Thank f*ck someone else who can actually read what the guy has posted:D

We know what he is trying to say. It is nonsense. Once again, posters also say they would take a 1 nil win in matches !

No, do you want their repulsive hordes to have the opportunity to give sectarian abuse to Stevie with their traditional cheer up ya sad ...........

The team doesn't need to go behind to show character. We've shown plenty of it already.
We do need to go toe to toe with them for 90 minutes, and there's no question now that we will.
They will not recognise this Rangers team and won't like getting to know them one bit.

This team is mentally strong enough to cope I think, twice we’ve had a man sent off yet still looked more than comfortable

Don’t think it matters.
It’s not like the players have never played a game of football before this season. They will all have been behind and come back to win in tons of games.

Nope. Passing up the opportunity of 2-0, only to be pegged to 1-1 seconds later against Maribor, especially given it was an away goal, is exactly the type of situation you're describing. Playing 140 of 180 mins with ten men, shows we have the mental strength to deal with adversity. We'll be fine if they score first.

My only worry is that the guys who'll be playing their first OF will be overwhelmed by the occasion.

The Old Firm is unlike any other match, going a goal behind to learn what it might be like should that happen in 2 weeks is irrelevant.

I personally think they're gonna steam out of the blocks and try to unsettle us right from the off. That doesn't change the fact that they're vulnerable to set pieces and crosses into the box. We could go one or even two behind but if we target their weaknesses then we'll beat them.
They will crumble with our press, I got 1 can’t wait to see their bald ageing Lego munching midfielder be steam rollered by Coulibaly.

3 nil down at halftime and we win 6-4.

They score a late 4th to take the shine of the win.

Some of these threads man.......unreal!

Back