Would Lewis Ferguson improve the team?

It’s worth bearing in mind his age and the potential to rapidly improve over the next few years. I expect a few big teams down south will have him on the radar

Maybe in a few years he’ll be good enough, not now.

He’ll be back up the road after a failed move down south.

In all honesty, I'm not going to pay attention to our esteemed football scouts on here, myself included as we get more wrong than right.

This may explain why we're not making a living in this line of work.

They have him on an extremely long contract and you’re deluding yourself if we could afford what they’d ask for and whether they’d sell him. Good player, who we let go.

He wouldn't be cheap from the Sheep. If we want that style of player then I think Greg Docherty is a better option.

Not a chance. Ferguson is a far more intelligent player than Doc.

I think he’s worth a look, he has the battle required and is a tidy player, not dissimilar to Ryan Jack.

We need depth in midfield, Davis can’t go on forever.

They have him on an extremely long contract and you’re deluding yourself if we could afford what they’d ask for and whether they’d sell him. Good player, who we let go.
I'm not sure whether hes worth going for or not, but so many just write a player off as not having quality.

Scott brown is not a quality player, but he does well at driving them on and keeping their heads up. That is what's missing at rangers.

I keep hearing hees not good enough for our midfield, well who is ojo aribo, dury is still out on hagi davis is getting older and kent just gets abuse on here... we have no dig in the midfield yet all i hear on FF is we are improving everyday. .

He’s more in the Jack mould than Doc.

He’s better on the ball than Doc.

Haven’t seen enough of Doc to know if he gets stuck in like Ferguson.

Good cover for Jack.

He's all heart but not all that much quality.

Still plenty of time for him to work on that but Aberdeen would want £3 million+ and he's not worth that IMO.

He would be an option if we had a couple of class midfields like his uncle.

If we are basing our midfield around him I despair.

At the moment certainly not good enough for us.

We need better than LF.

Decent player and plenty of potential. As others have said he’s got a real competitive/nasty streak which you definitely need to play in our midfield. The issue is that we need to add goals from midfield and I’m not sure he gives us that.

At 20 years old he's playing well and amassing a lot of experience in this league, one to keep an eye on but would not improve our team at present.

Not saying for a moment that I would sign him or anyone from Aberdeen but the guy McLellan (sp?) looked very tidy for them today.

Not for the money they would want for him. If he was on a free then fair enough but don't see him improving us

Yet we can dig out £7m for the likes of Ryan Kent.
Lets be honest, most were screaming for kent to be signed on here i saw plenty of people saying a state of intention ..
When you look at our squad in a whole its very poor in quality hence why we are currently 13 points behind the earls... . Ffs andy halliday is a prefared option for replacement fullback tells you everything

Let's have some names then. Someone who can come in and drag the team by the swingers and get their backsides in gear when things aren't going well. Something we're badly lacking.

I'm open to all suggestions.

He looks to be similar to Docherty. Works hard and is involved in a lot but won’t have enough quality for us

He was good against that lot today. He didn't pull out of any challenges and showed some composure at times. That's said, I don't think he's any better than what we have already. I think we need to be aiming higher.

Back