Would like to see a wee bit more from Dorrans today

Gheorghe_Hagi

Don't want to be overly critical as I'm a big fan of GD and still think he'll have an excellent season. However, after a great game against Motherwell his presence in games has dipped a bit. My hope for our central midfield this season is that Jack would be doing the dirty work that largely goes unnoticed (which he's done superbly so far) but that GD would be the one getting his foot on the ball and controlling games (in the way he did against Motherwell).

Really hope it doesn't sound like I'm singling him out for criticism and he certainly hasn't been poor, I'd just like to see him up his game a bit ahead of the Old Firm. Is that fair?

me 2, he has to up his game but he was a bit behind in pre season so the break shouls have helped.

Is windass out for a few weeks ?

In full agreement.

Jack has been superb in being the platform we need so it's over to Dorrans to build on it.

However as mentioned he was a little behind so hopefully he can now kick on.

Ideally, Dorrans should be further forward. Preferably in the centre of a 3 - behind Morelos, with Jack and Rossiter sitting.

But v Dundee, we'll be fine with two central midfielders.

He certainly hasn't been poor but agree we need one of our centre mids being more creative and direct and it's not going to be Jack so he's got to step up and be that player against hearts he had several chances to drive forward and shoot hopefully he has the confidence to go for it today

I think he'd look better as part of a 3, that way he would have a bit more freedom to create play, especially when other teams pack the midfield. He's maybe stifled a bit not wanting to leave Jack too exposed.

Agree Dorrans has been poor. Hopefully it's a settling in period due to a bit of nerves playing for his club.

I agree, I thought after the motherwell game that we'd won a watch with him coming in but he's been quiet since.

I think playing slightly more advanced would see him come in to the game more, hopefully the game today allows that.

Agree Dorrans has been poor. Hopefully it's a settling in period due to a bit of nerves playing for his club.

I didn't say he's been poor :D

Poor isn't the right word. He's not f*cking up and costing us points and he's still making intelligent passes. It's just that his influence on games isn't what he's shown it can be.

I didn't say he's been poor :D

Poor isn't the right word. He's not f*cking up and costing us points and he's still making intelligent passes. It's just that his influence on games isn't what he's shown it can be.
lol reading back you didn't.

However I expected more from him since the Motherwell game.

I'll take three points however we get them. It's important we go on a good run collecting maximum points before we face the mentally challengeds

The hype on here certainly raised my expectations of GD and those expectations have not been reached except for a few flashes in the Motherwell game.

Great debut and not much since.

This guy was our "sure thing". Needs to deliver.

Agreed.

I'm hoping his mediocre performances are due to fitness/lack of match sharpness issues rather than anything more serious.

To compete with Celtic, we need to stop being bullied by their in midfield; Dorrans needs to make a big contribution.

The manager hung him out to dry against Hibs

But would agree he's been average against Hearts and Dundee (although I think it's clear the system doesn't suit him)

I thought we all expected more of him after the Motherwell game, maybe a victim of his own success there.

He hasn't been poor but not the standout we were expecting either.

Probably will suit a 3 better as others have said but might take a while before we start playing like that. I think jack and rossiter sitting would be too defensive at home against the likes of Dundee

I agree, but I'm sure he will start uping his game. Just in time for them as well.

Can't add much more. Dorrans needs to do more but I'm sure he will.

Jack has been the shining light so far.

We saw what he's capable of against Motherwell. Not played well since. Jack has been the star in our midfield, some times doing the job of two men.

A good weeks training, further work with his new team mates and hopefully Dorrans is that bit fitter - unsure on the pre season he had.

I still feel we need someone else in midfield and would ditch 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. A two man midfield of Dorrans and Jack doesn't work for me.

I think Rossiter alongside Jack and Dorrans further forward would benefit him.

Agree we need to see him graft a bit more and be a wee bit more creative today. think he would bro better in a 4-2-3-1 in front of Rossiter and Jack. But hopefully a strong win today. Need to cut out the crosses into our box though.

Think this was definitely one of the summer signings everyone was buzzing about
He has loads of ability an played at a high level most of his career
So maybe I'm personally expecting to mutch

A wee goal would also give him confidence to start to boss things
IMO

Certainly is fair, can't really say much about the Hibs game as the ref effectively ruined the game and handed them the points. He hasn't been pish against Hearts or Ross County but a wee bit anonymous. I definitely agree he needs to up his game a bit.

Against teams like Dundee he should be further forward in a 4132 formation, leaving Jack to anchor. He should be able to run the game from that position.

I think Rossiter alongside Jack and Dorrans further forward would benefit him.

I want to see Rossiter or Pena in the midfield.

Three man, Pena or Dorrans playing off the front man.

In his limited game time Pena has picked the ball up 25/30 yards on four/five occasions, he's also broken into the box twice, a shot screwed wide and the mix up with Herrera. On another day, we score on at least two of those occasions.

Even against Hibs and Hearts there was an area of space in a central position, 20/25 yards from the oppositions goal and this is where Dorrans and Pena can excel, especially with Morelos, Candeias and Windass moving off the ball.

I was hoping he would be more influential, dictating the tempo and making key incisive passes but have not seen this as yet, apart from Murderwell. Still think it a very good signing and feel he will come on t a game very soon, hopefully today.

Back