Would they concede , if the boot was on the other foot ?

The Great Waldo

I don't believe they would.

History shows that they have a previous in not conceding anything .

Found this article from 1986. Hearts needed 5 points from their last 3 games to win the league. The sheep & the arabs ( we were nowhere & fighting off a challenge from Dundee to be 5th) had conceded , but that horrible barsteward Davie Hay would not. He was mocked , but we all know what happened in the end. As Hay said "You never know in football".

turps100

are you kidding?? No chance! they count their goal in an 8-1 defeat to us, during the war, but dont count the 8 they conceded!

sg9375

Hell No!!!! Liewell would have every legal beak onto it in seconds!!
under no circumstances can we let them have it without winning it. No way.

Oxford_blue

Are you joking? Until it’s mathematically impossible no self-respecting sportsman (professional or otherwise) would concede a championship

1288Bear

6 - 1 down on aggregate in a European Tie with only injury time to play and they refused to give it up - even after the final whistle. If there is a door open, or evenly slightly ajar, those feckers will use any means possible to push through it for their own benefit.

Carltonblue

Of course they wouldn’t.
And the same degenerates who are demanding they are given the title now would be equally vocal that the season should be voided.

I think it’s called cognitive dissonance, the ability to hold 2 opposing viewpoints at once and believe them both.

Duffy1983

If you asked them they would say of course they would give up a title - because it suits them - everyone knows the truth. A bit like the child abuse. Everyone knew the truth. Liars. No way they would be happy to let us be awarded the league this season and they all know that.

bluestreak

Official Ticketer

Found this article from 1986. Hearts needed 5 points from their last 3 games to win the league. The sheep & the arabs ( we were nowhere & fighting off a challenge from Dundee to be 5th) had conceded , but that horrible barsteward Davie Hay would not. He was mocked , but we all know what happened in the end. As Hay said "You never know in football".
but we wouldn’t ask.

Amadaeus

If the boot was on the other foot the mhedia agenda would be to null and void this season, and they'd wheel out the likes of Hartson, Sutton and the like to tell you it was the moral thing to do.

TAG65

of course they would and I believe they would let us use their stadium with all the disco lights flashing red white and blue to make it a proper title winning party.

True Blue

Of course not, why would anybody with a significant chunk of the season outstanding.
You don't win anything until you're over the finishing line.