Would they concede , if the boot was on the other foot ?

Its all take take take with them and their ilk. They got the begging bowl out for everything from benefits to league championships!

We all know the answer to that, not a hope in hell even if we only required one point from the remaining games would they concede.

I don't believe they would.

History shows that they have a previous in not conceding anything .

Found this article from 1986. Hearts needed 5 points from their last 3 games to win the league. The sheep & the arabs ( we were nowhere & fighting off a challenge from Dundee to be 5th) had conceded , but that horrible barsteward Davie Hay would not. He was mocked , but we all know what happened in the end. As Hay said "You never know in football".

Good find. Rhetorical question surely though?

They would never just roll over and concede a title to us.

Absolutely no chance. Mind you they have neither a sense of shame nor of honour. Despicable club from the womb to the tomb. Tour of Japan, Phil O'Donnel, Tommy Burns at al. There had better not be any movement from us on this.

All this stuff about someone conceding is nonsense.

It's not a boxing match ffs

There are 12 teams in the top division, one can't concede it with the other accepting it. Well they could but it would mean nothing.

I was once told by an ex sfa official that you need to ensure your paperwork’s spot on and they’re always requesting suspension lists
This was well before their beating in champions league qualifying games

they haven’t changed

I'm not sure where this idea about us conceding the title has came from. We'll not be asked to concede it. If the season doesn't finish the outcome of the 19/20 season will be out of our hands.

Would they fu........

Can't win unless it's mathematically impossible to be caught. League either needs to be played to a conclusion or scrapped.

I'm not sure where this idea about us conceding the title has came from. We'll not be asked to concede it. If the season doesn't finish the outcome of the 19/20 season will be out of our hands.

No it won’t if they try and award it we go to court plain and simple.

No they wouldn't.
They would insist all fixtures must be completed or the season should be null and void.
They know it, we know it.

Let’s be honest no self-respecting team would. It’s a pointless argument. The decision isn’t ours or theirs.

They wouldn’t concede, and I wouldn’t expect them to. Nor would I want them to.

No they wouldn’t. And neither should we. The season has to be played to a finish or declared null and void. Anything else is simply unacceptable.

It’d be the authorities we’d be chasing.
Of course, would you be surprised if it transpired that there was only one club against any decision to award the league to them.

I reckon it would just be us and Hearts. Other clubs would probably be satisfied with the prize money as it stands as opposed to not getting any money at all if the season was null and voided.

The european spots argument I've seen mentioned is irrelevant. When was the last time anyone bar us and them got past the qualifiers?

Back