Would we be better out of the Europa League?

Given the distance I dont see why we have to be there 24 hours before a game.
Leave Glasgow at 12 on the Thursday
Straight to stadium. Look round park. Extended warm up. Play game. Back to airport.
Out and back within 10 hours.
Not ideal in normally circumstances but this isnt normal circumstances

Well my answer is actually the same as it was initially: No we wouldn't be better out of the Europa League and stupid hypothetical questions around it don't change my view.

Any thoughts on the actual questions in the OP that were actually asked re us being protected around this issue?

You've thought I just wanted us out of Europe to concentrate on league games and flew in didn't you? :)

Theses a big difference from travelling for a game to travelling for a drinking holiday way our pals under the guise of football.

nope, our best league form was achieved when we were up to our knees in europe.

the one game a week is good theory was destroyed on sunday there.
Gerrard's long aim was always to trasfer our european standard to our domestic game on a consistant basis

A bit of luck and some decent draws could see us in the latter stages. If we are out of sight in the league then we can rest players for Europe.

Mate you're another one that didn't read the OP and jumped in and are now avoiding everything that's being said about it.

I'm not arguing about anything. I asked some questions in the OP.
And they are all f.u.cking mental and you are annoyed folk are pointing them out

You are arguing for it like it is an opinion.

At least have the balls to stand up for your mental opinion.

I'm not arguing for anything?

To be clear I don't want us out it. So there's my opinion.

I asked a question around the prospect of being crammed in an aircraft.

Absolutely not - especially with the gap we’ve managed to open up in the league

Ironically, we seem to perform better when we’re playing Thu-Sun every week

That's exactly it mate.

I'd rather we continued in it. Was just asking if it could hinder us with widespread isolation or of we'd be more protected.
It's not without risk, that arsehole coach away to Liege in Roofes face could well have been carrying it given their positive cases earlier that week being an example.

That said, we'd be much safer away to Liege than playing at the CovidDome.

Absolutely not - especially with the gap we’ve managed to open up in the league

Ironically, we seem to perform better when we’re playing Thu-Sun every week

I'd agree with the second part for sure.

As I've said in the OP I'm not coming at this from a sporting view at all.

Avoiding things again.

I'm also not annoyed in the slightest.

What are the questions I've asked in the OP, just out of interest? And which ones are mental?
Should we be risking our team to the exposure of travelling to games in Europe thereofre giving up the ties.

As I said mental

FEBRUARY

18 February: Round of 32, first leg (We will have played 29 league games)
25 February: Round of 32, second leg
26 February: Round of 16 draw, Nyon

MARCH

11 March: Round of 16, first leg (31 league games played)
18 March: Round of 16, second leg

21st March : Pig FC at Sharkhead (33rd game)

If we could make the last 8 - with the Scottish Cup in doubt we could rest up players for Europe.

No and as a side note I actually think a busy schedule helps the squad remain focused on all fronts.
I understand the limitations this has on training, but over Gerrard's era we've actually handled busy tough schedules very well.

Taking into account the OP's point RE Covid we've been away several times this year and so far so good.

Should we be risking our team to the exposure of travelling to games in Europe thereofre giving up the ties.

As I said mental

You might not agree with it mate but it's hardly mental to ask if we should be putting our squad on a plane given our rivals had 16 isolations due to it last week.

And in any case the next question, and remmeber it was all questions and no opinions, qualifies that by asking "or would we be better protected with more spacing or more rigourous testing?"

So it's clearly questions being asked for info around how it would be dealt with and if it's a risk worth taking.

As I say, I don't want us out it either. But the questions are valid and will be interesting as to whether we are taking steps to avoid such a heavy isolation should the worst happen.

You've flown in without reading the full OP obviously. I've done it myself at times. Don't feel bad.

You might not agree with it mate but it's hardly mental to ask if we should be putting our squad on a plane given our rivals had 16 isolations due to it last week.

And in any case the next question, and remmeber it was all questions and no opinions, qualifies that by asking "or would we be better protected with more spacing or more rigourous testing?"

So it's clearly questions being asked for info around how it would be dealt with and if it's a risk worth taking.

As I say, I don't want us out it either. But the questions are valid and will be interesting as to whether we are taking steps to avoid such a heavy isolation should the worst happen.
Our rivals didnt follow Covid protocols when away, didnt follow covid protocols here (Bolingoli/Griffiths), they had players openly flouting them at home (Julien - multiple guests at his house in Erskine/wife travelling outwith Scotland regularly and no isolation - allegedly).

Stop comparing their poor management to our clubs handling of it all

Our rivals didnt follow Covid protocols when away, didnt follow covid protocols here (Bolingoli/Griffiths), they had players openly flouting them at home (Julien - multiple guests at his house in Erskine/wife travelling outwith Scotland regularly and no isolation - allegedly).

Stop comparing their poor management to our clubs handling of it all

I agree with that here.

But you understand that the contracting of the virus is due to them not following protocols, which we won't do.

But the isolation is related to being on the aircraft yes?

Can you show me where I have compared our management of covid to Celtics?

The only comparison is us both being on planes?

I agree with that here.

But you understand that the contracting of the virus is due to them not following protocols, which we won't do.

But the isolation is related to being ont he aircraft yes?
And not following protocols on that aircraft as if they wore appropriate face coverings they wouldnt have had to isolate

Nope, I want us to compete whether it's Subbuteo or the CL. Not for one second am I suggesting that we will be there or thereabouts for the CL title these days but we are capable of going a decent push in the EL.

The financial rewards are well documented but there is also the sporting merit. Media here might not want or choose to be slow in awknowledging that we are a decent team but we are being awknowkedged abroad.

If we can wrap up the title sharpish, I'd hope that we'd have a proper go at the EL (if we are still in it of course).

They fĂącked off to Dubai for no reason and it has fĂącked them. We go abroad to play and raise our profile.

And not following protocols on that aircraft as if they wore appropriate face coverings they wouldnt have had to isolate

That's not true mate. You still need to isolate.

This is obviously where our confusion has arisen.

As I've said throughout, the OP was a question about would we be better protected due to spacing or rigourous testing? It's all there in the OP.

We probably shouldn't tackle in training - incase someone gets injured etc etc..

Not really the same mate.

Any answers to the questions in the OP?

Would we be better protected from mass isolation if someone had it on our plane? More testing or more distancing? Do you know?

That's not true mate. You still need to isolate.

This is obviously where our confusion has arisen.

As I've said throughout, the OP was a question about would we be better protected due to spacing or rigourous testing? It's all there in the OP.
It is true, as long as you are wearing appropriate PPE you are not deemed a close contact if someone you have spent more than 15 minutes with within 1m distance develops covid.

My wife has been working on Covid wards since April, never had to self isolate.

It is true, as long as you are wearing appropriate PPE you are not deemed a close contact if someone you have spent more than 15 minutes with within 1m distance develops covid.

My wife has been working on Covid wards since April, never had to self isolate.

A mask on a flight is not appropriate PPE my man to help you avoid isolation.

Well done to your wife though. Brilliant job she is doing. I've a family member in there just now.

Not really the same mate.

Any answers to the questions in the OP?

Would we be better protected from mass isolation if someone had it on our plane? More testing or more distancing? Do you know?

The plane could crash.

The bus to the airport could crash.

We could get food poisoning in the team hotel.

Life is full of risks - going to Antwerp is not that much of a risk over any other game and certainly one worth taking for the coefficient, the glory and the money.

Does that answer the OP ?

The plane could crash.

The bus to the airport could crash.

We could get food poisoning in the team hotel.

Life is full of risks - going to Antwerp is not that much of a risk over any other game and certainly one worth taking for the coefficient, the glory and the money.

Does that answer the OP ?

Eh no not at all?

Are we better protected from mass isolations on our flights than they were?

Eh no not at all?

Are we better protected from mass isolations?

All the players will be perfectly safe if they never leave the house.

Any activity is a risk - but I trust the club to mitigate them to the highest degree.

So no we shouldn't pull out of the Europa.

In terms of finance, club stature, glory and coefficient then it’s a clear yes. Tied to the fact that I think we’re often better playing to the Thursday/Sunday rhythm, then it’s a no brainer.

However, with the big aim of the league and our current lead, I can’t say I fully agree with the continuation of European and/or international football.

In a season where we set the Scottish record for the highest amount of points gained in a European group table and remain unbeaten, no I don't think we would be better out of the Europa. Of course there is additional risk involved but given we have travelled five times this season with no issues then I believe that it is a risk worth taking for the extra income and benefit to our profile as club. Also, the extra 1 million plus for getting by this round could be difference in adding a quality player to the squad in the summer.

If we get past Antwerp, we could be looking at a good opportunity to progress past the last 16 due to the way the draw panned out. Equally, we could end up with a glamour tie with a lot of interest in our club. Meanwhile, across Glasgow, the mentally challengeds go from one disaster to the next and this mostly through their own incompetence and arrogance. I want the good feeling and buzz of Europe to continue for as long as possible and for that, I feel, the additional risk is acceptable.

In terms of finance, club stature, glory and coefficient then it’s a clear yes. Tied to the fact that I think we’re often better playing to the Thursday/Sunday rhythm, then it’s a no brainer.

However, with the big aim of the league and our current lead, I can’t say I fully agree with the continuation of European and/or international football.

Thanks for the measured response having actually read the OP mate.

As I've made clear throughout, it was questions I was asking. Not giving my opinion. And they were around the potential risk and consequence of being on a flight. Nothing more.

All the players will be perfectly safe if they never leave the house.

Any activity is a risk - but I trust the club to mitigate them to the highest degree.

So no we shouldn't pull out of the Europa.

You're absolutely correct with anything being a risk and we will mitigate them well. That's part of what is being asked in the OP.

And I don't think we should pull out either btw. No opinon in the OP.

That's exactly it mate.

I'd rather we continued in it. Was just asking if it could hinder us with widespread isolation or of we'd be more protected.
& don’t get me wrong coop let’s get the league done & dusted that’s priority for everyone starting on Saturday Vrs Ross C.

I believe after his outburst yesterday they’ll totally surrender & drop even more points.

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?
Think this is a risk. But it is one we have the power to manage ourselves. the club have been very good so far at managing this risk and hopefully our luck continues. It is a combination of good management of the rules and luck because this virus can hit anywhere.

If we pull out would damage our reputation and that would be a pity. Also think this is a winnable tie. We need to restore our European reputation and this is a definite tie we want to play. Also Belgium isn't a long journey.

For me the balance of risk is to play the tie.

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?
A Rangers group would not be rubbing shoulders with the locals in a bar, or sharing sun loungers.

Think this is a risk. But it is one we have the power to manage ourselves. the club have been very good so far at managing this risk and hopefully our luck continues. It is a combination of good management of the rules and luck because this virus can hit anywhere.

If we pull out would damage our reputation and that would be a pity. Also think this is a winnable tie. We need to restore our European reputation and this is a definite tie we want to play. Also Belgium isn't a long journey.

For me the balance of risk is to play the tie.

Thanks for actually taking on board the point of OP mate.

Only thing I will say is that I didn't necessarily mean pull out. More just being out it- limiting our flights.

Was just questions around us being on the flight. Not my opinion.

Just thinking of the flight and close proximities and asked would we be protected from that a bit more that's all mate.
I don't think the risk is internal mate, it's exposure to uncontrolled individuals at the destination that creates the risk. The club do seem to be managing the squad travel professionally.

Thanks for actually taking on board the point of OP mate.

Only thing I will say is that I didn't necessarily mean pull out. More just being out it- limiting our flights.

Was just questions around us being on the flight. Not my opinion.
Aye that is a good point, maybe since commercial flights would be available travel in two clumps? Don't know but think the way the club has handled travel this season we should be ok.

It is a good chance for coefficient points and making the champions league a reality. Hopefully secure some financial dominance.

Back