Would we be better out of the Europa League?

cooprfc

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?

I think we need the challenge and prospect of the Europa League games for as long as possible to help keep the squad on their toes.

I don't have a huge concern about the attitude of our players, but it would be easy to lose a little bit of an edge in this situation. Those games will be the ones that our players look forward to and keep working hard to ensure they'll be involved.

I think it's mental that international and European football has continued during this. We were great in the group and deserved to go through top.

Ideally you want us to go as far as possible but again I'd rather not increase risk of a covid wave through the squad

That being said we need the prize money wins get you

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?

Not for me Coop.

Looking forward to next season, if we get another 2 or 3 victories we have an outside chance of being seeded in the CL Group Qualifying Round.

Qualifying for the CL would be financially game changing for the club.

Hear me out here.

No. Next.

Hear me out here.

Bed time

was wondering where this thread would go. I see your point on covid but I think with our healthy lead we will likely have enough cover to handle any outbreak and still be well clear of that mob.

European ranking is too important with the money at stake. I know its difficult to not think about CL next year but it would be a huge boost to get there. We shouldnt rule out the possibility of being seeds in the champions route if we get a deep run in the EL and perhaps other smaller leagues upset the norm and have winners that have lower ranking than their usual champions.

Being seeds and i would be very confident the group stages are coming back

Not for me Coop.

Looking forward to next season, if we get another 2 or 3 victories we have an outside chance of being seeded in the CL Group Qualifying Round.

Qualifying for the CL would be financially game changing for the club.
We win both legs of the R32 (entirely plausible) we would have a coefficient that would’ve got you seeded for this seasons CL Playoff.

If we get everyone fit in next couple of weeks bring it on. The squad is big enough and the players will love the challenge

Absolutely not, I’d possibly agree if the league was close but the prestige and co-eff points that are available mean it’s very important we go as far as possible, and prize money of course!

Weird way of looking at it. Multiple trips abroad this year. No covid cases. Helander picked on international duty. But your shitting it now about going abroad?

No. Being the only Scottish club, its worth ££s due to tv share . A winnable tie gives us £££s for next tv share. I'd be happy to get eliminated then as I believe well be near winning the league.

Why?....we've had no issues with travel during the season so far.

Our covid cases were self inflicted and dealt with in the proper fashion.

Because you can catch it anywhere mate. Following protocols doesn't stop you getting it.

I'm only looking at this from the point fo view of potential wide spread isolations which is probably the only thing that will see us drop swathes of points.

I'm not saying we will conduct ourselves like the tramps.

Because you can catch it anywhere mate. Following protocols doesn't stop you getting it.

I'm only looking at this from the point fo view of potential wide spread isolations which is probably the only thing that will see us drop swathes of points.

Not entirely sure how you managed to quote me but with someone else's post...

Weird way of looking at it. Multiple trips abroad this year. No covid cases. Helander picked on international duty. But your shitting it now about going abroad?

No. I'm shitting it about a potential positive whilst sitting crammed in an enclosed space resulting in big isolations.

Not the flying abroad as such or any worries about us following protocols.

Buses here we can use a couple of buses and there's more room for spreading people out. A plane is different.

I tried to read further than the subject and opening sentence, but failed.

No, is the polite response.

Hear me out here.

No

Tbh if we keep winning and they drop more points we could be resting players for these games.

We need keep pushing on the league and get to the stage that we go through in el it's massive for us money wise alone.

If we get through 2 more rounds the TV money and coefficient boat going into next year longer term could send us flying well ahead financially of them

I think there's a difference between the Celtic squad getting on a plane and going to a resort, sitting by a pool have a beer or in the bar and being there for a week and a tighter turnaround on a football match journey where there will be much less moving around outwith the tightly controlled sleeping, training and playing environments then getting back home immediately.

There's always a degree of risk, but it's much less for this kind of purpose I reckon.

Absolutely not - the Europa League is brilliant and the risks are incredibly low. The boost it gives us in terms of finances, coefficient points, exposure and in helping our players develop against higher quality opposition can't be overstated and it's a large reason why we're in with a brilliant chance of winning 55 this season and closing the financial gap on them.

In any case, by the time we play the first leg, there will only be 9 games left this season in the league. If we can retain the current gap by the time we play then, we have a huge margin for error coming after that even if we did get an outbreak.

If we were neck & neck in the league I would understand the OP’s thinking but not at all...I’m really excited for Europa League as I think we may surprise a team or 2.

Since the league is almost done & dusted I’m sure the players & the staff to an extent are starting to think about Europe.

Bring on the Belgians :))

It is literally no different from us getting a positive and players having isolate due to being close contacts whilst training at auchenhowie during the week.

You are just being, well, mental.

If we were neck & neck in the league I wonder understand the OP’s thinking but not at all...I’m really excited for Europa League as I think we may surprise a team or 2.

Since the league is almost done & dusted I’m sure the players & the staff to an extent are starting to think about Europe.

Bring on the Belgians :))

Me too mate believe me but I just think losing a huge portion of the squad is all that can stop us now. That's all.

Nobody really saw 16 people from one team having to isolate coming. And its down to proximity on the aircraft. That's all.

It is literally no different from us getting a positive and players having isolate due to being close contacts whilst training at auchenhowie during the week.

You are just being, well, mental.

It's not different? How come they had 13 whereas we had no one for Helander?

The aircraft is the answer.

Back