Would we be better out of the Europa League?

I don't think the risk is internal mate, it's exposure to uncontrolled individuals at the destination that creates the risk. The club do seem to be managing the squad travel professionally.

I get that. Just thinking if, in our round of Friday testing following a Europa tie, we got a positive having been on a flight the night before.

I get that. Just thinking if, in our round of Friday testing following a Europa tie, we got a positive having been on a flight the night before.
You have to draw a line somewhere and can't impose excessive controls, in a few weeks the transmission rate should be way lower and the risk of picking up a positive with it.

You'd never leave the house if you wanted 100% protection against things that could happen.

You have to draw a line somewhere and can't impose excessive controls, in a few weeks the transmission rate should be way lower and the risk of picking up a positive with it.

You'd never leave the house if you wanted 100% protection against things that could happen.

Of course mate.

As I say, I was asking is it worth the risk and are we better protected against mass isolations due to being on the plane. Perhaps via better distancing or more rigourous testing. That was all.

A-3397664-1375201615-8515.jpeg.jpg

No. I'm shitting it about a potential positive whilst sitting crammed in an enclosed space resulting in big isolations.

Not the flying abroad as such or any worries about us following protocols.

Buses here we can use a couple of buses and there's more room for spreading people out. A plane is different.
Seemingly the planes air filtration takes out any viruses , and each person next to each other would be in their own bubble .

Need to go as far as we can as it lifts our level of play against quality opposition and keeps a big squad happier IMO !

So - are we there yet. Have we reached agreement ?

No but I do think there's a misunderstanding. Because what you are saying is correct but it's not quite what I'm getting at.

It's not about catching it while we are away.

It's the idea that one of our players could have it on the Wednesday, flies out, plays, flies back feeling fine.

Tested Friday and is positive.

All I'm asking is would we be protected better than the tims from the whole two seats next to, in front and behind having to isolate? Because if not then maybe not having these flights beyond Antwerp wouldn't be the worst. If we are then everything is good.

It's not the catching the virus. It's the associated isolations.

No. Being the only Scottish club, its worth ££s due to tv share . A winnable tie gives us £££s for next tv share. I'd accept getting eliminated then as I believe well be near winning the league.
Made a wee amendment there as I'm sure you're not "happy" when we lose;)

By the middle february when we re start I expect the cases to be low due to lockdown. The last 2 weeks up to this weekend is probably the worst of it

Thanks for the measured response having actually read the OP mate.

As I've made clear throughout, it was questions I was asking. Not giving my opinion. And they were around the potential risk and consequence of being on a flight. Nothing more.
Think a lot of people see the OP and confuse it with those posts at the start of the year suggesting that the Europa is a unnecessary distraction, but that’s quite clearly not what you’re suggesting.

We’ll wipe the floor with Antwerp, which means we’re playing at least another four European games this season and the question over whether it’s sensible in the current climate has to be asked - for both European and international games IMO.

I understand the OP point in that the virus does seem to be more out of control than it was in August/September/October when playing the group stage.

However we win every game up until then in the league and we will only be in single digit wins away from league title.

This tie is definitely winnable and that is worth a lot in money, coefficient and prestige

Any thoughts on the actual questions in the OP that were actually asked re us being protected around this issue?

You've thought I just wanted us out of Europe to concentrate on league games and flew in didn't you? :)
Enjoy the 5 pages of people agreeing with you to reflect back on.

Absolutely mate but the scale of their isolations last week due to a flight makes me wonder.

I just assumed you'd maybe have three players out of someone was positive.
I would be investing in a second chartered flight and properly try to social distance so if the worst comes to worst and someone gets it we don’t have so many out.

Either that or invest in proper quick tests for before we get on a flight both ways so that if someone comes down with it we can show it was after the plane journey

No but I do think there's a misunderstanding. Because what you are saying is correct but it's not quite what I'm getting at.

It's the idea that one of our players could have it on the Wednesday, flies out, plays, flies back feeling fine.

All I'm asking is would we be protected better than the tims from the whole two seats next to, in front and behind having to isolate? Because if not then maybe not having these flights beyond Antwerp wouldn't be the worst. If we are then everything is good.

We’ve built up enough of a gap that if the worst happens in that situation wed deal with it. But we haven’t had any issues so far which shows how disciplined our protocols are versus other clubs.

The players got us this far and deserve the chance to play it out.

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?
Let's get put out of Europe because.... selik?

I think the last accounts show that Europa League money is vital right now.

I always treated Europe as a kind of bonus as all I ever want is for us to be champions domestically, but I have a new found appreciation for how important Europe actually is to us.

With all of that said, I'd drop our progress in Europe this season if it meant securing 55 and having a safe squad.

Strange times we live in!

Enjoy the 5 pages of people agreeing with you to reflect back on.

Mate I don't care. It's the internet my man.

I noticed that you didn't offer any answers to the questions in the OP and instead continued being smart.

I also note that there are loads of people who have read the OP who have offered valuable input on both sides.

And lastly, people can't agree or disagree with me as it was a questions that were asked in the OP and my opinion is I'd rather be in the EL.

Just admit that you rushed in, like a few folk, and didn't read the OP initially and have now doubled down on your initial thoughts. In fact, you didn't hold a press conference yesterday did you?

If you keep this up, you and I will be meeting at Dalmarnock mate. I'm just away to put my gloves on and shake my first at you. :)

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?
It is a concern and I was hoping to win every league game before we were involved in Europe again just so we were chasing the minimum points required to win the league.

Absolutely mate but the scale of their isolations last week due to a flight makes me wonder.

I just assumed you'd maybe have three players out of someone was positive.

We will be on a 90 minute flight. Only necessary personnel on plane with around 40 rows so only have folk seated in every second or 3rd row.

We will be on a 90 minute flight. Only necessary personnel on plane with around 40 rows so only have folk seated in every second or 3rd row.

See this is the type of thing I was wondering with the OP.

If we were able to minimise any isolations by taking measures on the flights or whether we'd be facing big numbers of isolations if a positive in the Friday testing.

Good to see a lot more people reading the OP and not coming flying in.

I would be investing in a second chartered flight and properly try to social distance so if the worst comes to worst and someone gets it we don’t have so many out.

Either that or invest in proper quick tests for before we get on a flight both ways so that if someone comes down with it we can show it was after the plane journey
Or if they are smaller 52 seat planes we could hire 20 and fly to Antwerp in formation which is I think what neic cennon would have us believe.

League is won in my opinion. We can now concentrate fully on Europa and Scottish cup (if it gets started up again)

still gutted we went out to st mirren in the way we did in the league cup. We had a brilliant chance at the domestic treble this season

I'm sure we're more professional and plan better than the filth, yes and seating plans will come into that.

Hear me out here.

It's basically a 2 leg head to head for £10 million , where else are we going to get a chance at that ?? Ridiculous post

Hear me out here.

After the final

Hear me out here.

Another belter of an opening post.

No, the aircraft is not the answer. The messing about outside a bubble in a COVID hotspot before getting onto the aircraft is the answer.

The wide spread isolations is what I'm talking about mate. These were due to the aircraft.

It's quite a valid question which is in the OP about us being protected against that and a few folk have read the post properly and offered potential solutions which is great.

The wide spread isolations is what I'm talking about mate. These were due to the aircraft.

It's quite a valid question about us being protected against that and a few folk have read the post properly and offered potential solutions which is great.
The club have been aware of the potential issues all season so it would have been valid to ask the question in August but not now

The club have been aware of the potential issues all season so it would have been valid to ask the question in August but not now

It's in light of another team having 13 isolated due to being in close proximity on an aircraft last week.

Up until now, any isolations in Scotland have been small numbers.

As I say, it's good to hear things from earlier in the thread that we are able to space players out more as we only take essential staff.

This, if you look at the OP which I know from your earlier reply you did, is one of the things I was asking.

It's quite a valid question which is in the OP about us being protected against that and a few folk have read the post properly and offered potential solutions which is great.
We are in an elite bubble as best as we can do before we get on the plane. Having got off coach(es). Is a coach safe, eh? Clearly.

The cabin crew won’t be having unnecessary contact, on a charter flight.

The bottom line is this, flying is deemed a risk because normally people are travelling with strangers in close proximity. You don’t know what they have or havent got.

We are tested. If you’re negative before flying, theoretically you should be negative at the far end too.

Julie Ann got the COVID in Dubai and walked it onto the plane. It was not the plane gave the Tims a COVID issue, it was them breaking bubbles.

How far would you want to take this? It’s an acceptable risk. Players are at risk every time they step out of their door. Fact. It’s managing it.

Back