Would we be better out of the Europa League?

It's in light of another team having 13 isolated due to being in close proximity on an aircraft last week.

Up until now, any isolations in Scotland have been small numbers.

As I say, it's good to hear things from earlier in the thread that we are able to space players out more as we only take essential staff.

This, if you look at the OP which I know from your earlier reply you did, is one of the things I was asking.
Aye mate didn’t help them they took the number of people they did to their “training camp”

We are in an elite bubble as best as we can do before we get on the plane. Having got off coach(Es).
The cabin crew won’t be having unnecessary contact, on a charter flight.

The bottom line is this, flying is deemed a risk because normally people are travelling with strangers in close proximity. You don’t know what they have or havent got.

We are tested. If you’re negative before flying, theoretically you should be negative at the far end too.

Julie Ann got the COVID in Dubai and walked it onto the plane. It was not the plane gave the Tims a COVID issue, it was them breaking bubbles.

How far would you want to take this? It’s an acceptable risk. Players are at risk every time they step out of their door. Fact. It’s managing it.

I agree.

But all I'm saying is their isolations were due to the aircraft. That is a fact.

Catching covid was cause they were on a jolly but not the isolations.

Aye mate didn’t help them they took the number of people they did to their “training camp”

That's exactly it mate and all I'm saying. I'm glad some folk have said that we would take less people and this would lessen our potential isolations.

That's basically all that the OP was asking- are we exposed to the potential of widespread isolations or are we able to mitigate it more via spacing on testing. That's all.

Hear me out here.

I love our form in Europe and think we could go far in the tournament so I'm not coming at this from a sporting viewpoint.

But, given the scale of their isolation last week, should we really be putting our full squad together on a plane and running the risk of widespread isolations?

Or would the risk of this be lesser for us due to better spacing on planes and/or more rigourous testing around the flight?
Are u mad

21 points clear and your spouting this nonsense.

Just think about the money there is to be made.

I agree.

But all I'm saying is their isolations were due to the aircraft. That is a fact.

Catching covid was cause they were on a jolly but not the isolations.
If he had it, he could have given it to anyone at any time on a coach to the airport or from the airport. I’ll say this for the last time: given a level of common sense adherence to elite sporting bubbles, then flying in itself is no more a risk than any other shared transport like a bus to Aberdeen or Dingwall.

Walk onto a charter plane with no Covid, and everyone else has been in the same bubble, aircrew and cabin crew taking all precautions - you’ll walk off it with no COVID. So there is NOTHING which should cause any issue to our continued participation in Europe.

If he had it, he could have given it to anyone at any time on a coach to the airport or from the airport. I’ll say this for the last time: given a level of common sense adherence to elite sporting bubbles, then flying in itself is no more a risk than any other shared transport like a bus to Aberdeen or Dingwall.

Walk onto a charter plane with no Covid, and everyone else has been in the same bubble, aircrew and cabin crew taking all precautions - there is NOTHING which should cause any issue to our continued participation in Europe.

He could have but the isolations are due to the aircraft mate. That's how they identified who had to isolate. I'm at a bit of a loss how this could be argued tbh.

It's not the club who decided who has to isolate. They take flight and seating lists and decide from there.

Ignoring the fact that we've in the wilderness for a decade, so are desperate for any trophy. In normal circumstances the only two things that matter are the League and Europe. The better we do in Europe the higher profile we attain and the more money we can ask for out players.

He could have but the isolations are due to the aircraft mate. That's how they identified who had to isolate. I'm at a bit of a loss how this could be argued tbh.
I have no idea of how long they were in close contact regards other elements of their travel, and I would assume from their public way of handling it that Covid FC wouldn’t have been in the business of incriminating themselves. So allocated seat numbers on the plane would have to be part of the passenger manifest and that’s how the authorities got them.

If they chartered a wide body aircraft and had that many first team players in such close proximity to each other, it just shows how thick as a plank they were regards precautions.

Not every club is as thick as a plank.......

I think the OP underestimates how clear we are in the league. Even if we got 13 players and staff isolated fir a couple weeks, we are still romping the league bud.

I have no idea of how long they were in close contact regards other elements of their travel, and I would assume from their public way of handling it that Covid FC wouldn’t have been in the business of incriminating themselves. So allocated seat numbers on the plane would have to be part of the passenger manifest and that’s how the authorities got them.

If they chartered a wide body aircraft and had that many first team players in such close proximity to each other, it just shows how thick as a plank they were regards precautions.

Not every club is as thick as a plank.......

That's, in a way, what the OP is saying- is it a risk we run of widespread isolations or are we able to space more adequately for our trips or have more testing to limit it?

It is the manifests they take to decide who isolates though. That's what the point is. Not the actual risk of getting covid while on the plane but the isolations.

That's, in a way, what the OP is saying- is it a risk we run of widespread isolations or are we able to space more adequately for our trips or have more testing to limit it?

It is the manifests they take to decide who isolates though. That's what the point is. Not the actual risk of getting covid while on the plane but the isolations.
We have been taking precautions. Other teams across all of Europe have done the same as us. Just cause one outfit of thick tattie lovers decides to go for a jolly to Dubai and ends up making a pigs ear of it, predictably, doesn’t make it all of a sudden any bigger a risk than what has already been very successfully done by our own team multiple times this season.

Theres nothing more I can say to convince you I guess, cheers.

If one of the squad tests positive, they will still have shared a bus or indoor space with others in the squad. So long as they stay in a bubble while going abroad I don't see that the risks are any different. They won't be hanging around pools or bars with other tourists after all.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if UEFA postponed things until the situation improves across Europe and we end up with a knock out tournee in Poland towards the end of the season

We have been taking precautions. Other teams across all of Europe have done the same as us. Just cause one outfit of thick tattie lovers decides to go for a jolly to Dubai and ends up making a pigs ear of it, predictably, doesn’t make it all of a sudden any bigger a risk than what has already been very successfully done by our own team multiple times this season.

Theres nothing more I can say to convince you I guess, cheers.

You don't need to convince me of anything mate. I want us in the EL. As I've said repeatedly, I asked questions in the OP regarding the risk of isolations that comes with being on a plane.

That was literally all.

No, silly thread. The league is nearly done in practical terms and after that our fully focus should be on Europe.

Just thinking of the flight and close proximities and asked would we be protected from that a bit more that's all mate.
I think we get bussed directly to and from the plane so the chance of being in contact with anyone outside the group is reduced.

We are the only ones on the plane and I assume the aircraft staff are regularly checked.

The risk can never be eliminated but it is greatly reduced with the practises we have in place.

Not for me Coop.

Looking forward to next season, if we get another 2 or 3 victories we have an outside chance of being seeded in the CL Group Qualifying Round.

Qualifying for the CL would be financially game changing for the club.
If we win the league and make it into champions league it will be incredible. The money at stake will be huge to help our clubs full recovery and will give us an advantage in the next season.

Right but if we're tested before and after and follow the correct procedures there should be no problem.

There's an incubation period.

As I say mate it was only to see if we are protected against huge isolation numbers from our flights. Some people have give good info on that.

Plus one of the things I asked in the OP was would we have more rigourous testing to help cut down on the possibility as you say here as well.

No...but i want us to have (cliche alert) one hand on the League trophy by the time the match against Antwerp comes round.

Our title challenge and our Europa League challenge run parallel, unless you know nothing about our expectations as a club.

If we win the league and make it into champions league it will be incredible. The money at stake will be huge to help our clubs full recovery and will give us an advantage in the next season.

And it should mean that they don’t qualify as they need to go through the non champions route which is harder.

So could be a great swing on top of this year’s CF.

Back