would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

I definitely would.
He gave us something that we might not have got.
He is a Rangers legend to me.

100% absolutely.

Him and his staff got us to where we are. I don’t get any bad feeling towards him.

If we’re being honest most teams in the EPL are a bigger draw to players than us.

No problem with it whatsoever. Manager for 3 and half years. A special title and restored us to Euro League levels. Won regularly against Celtic. Brought players to the club we might not have seen.
Left in a rush, and will regret some comments, but he was always going to go sometime.
If i was to meet him, i'd give him , i'd say he done a great job and restored our place its up to others now (starting with Gio) to keep us going and the next level.

He played a big part in our history last year was vital we won the league and he took us to the tittle.

Would be a yes for me.

Nope.

He won us the league which was amazing.

But he lost his hunger to go again and build on that.

Also far too many domestic cup disasters.

Men like Walter Smith & Jock Wallace are managerial legends.. Gerrard is nowhere near them.
They are legends in their own right as is SG for what he came into and to turn it around was a massive job and if you cannot see that I would be happy to help you along to specsavers Gazza ffs seriously have a look at what he had to do?

They are legends in their own right as is SG for what he came into and to turn it around was a massive job and if you cannot see that I would be happy to help you along to specsavers Gazza ffs seriously?

Yes I'm serious.

The word legend is used too lightly these days.

Yes I'm serious.

I would normally agree there Gazza but getting 55 will always be a special title and hold its own place in our history for a number of reasons! Many including myself will see SG as a legend for what he has done in getting us back I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue! Have a good night gazza

Absolutely, Sad he chose to depart mid season but without his input we may still have been pushing for promotion from Champ to the SPL or worse !

So, no question, he merits that inclusion having dragged us, unlikely as many thought at the time, from obscurity to SPL Champions, within three seasons, from absolutely nowhere.

Walters a legend because he achieved unbelievable success.

Gerrard didn't.
Again I’d disagree. Improving us the way he did and lifting us back up to levels of excellence. Gradually hitting milestones along the way; doing really well in europe, beating Celtic at home then at Parkhead and then storming the league in the most pressured season of all when it meant so much to us - most people labelling it as the most important championship in our history. It’s a different kind of success than Walter achieved but is major success nonetheless. The man is and will forevermore be, a legend.

It’s a yes from me

He took over a team that was getting 4 and 5 goal pumpings off a piss poor team of unwashed , pissed on their faux 10 with an unbeaten season and left with a record where they hadn’t beaten us in over 2 years

Forever a hero in my eyes …

Not forgetting his astonishing European record of course

I think it would create a bit of a side show with it being so soon after his departure when the match is ultimately to help celebrate the clubs 150th anniversary.

Yes I'm serious.

We have many legends for various different successes achieved but I doubt we've ever witnessed the scenes we seen all over Scotland when Gerrard lead us to our 55th title and to top it off he even managed to have the Scottish Government spewing.

Deserves a better reception than he’d get in March
Times a great healer
56 will be a great healer
At the moment I still think he’s a lady's front bottom

Souness played for us on the park aswell and turned us in a giant again always welcome a true club legend no doubt about it.
would you have wanted him back at Ibrox before Smith secured the title vs Aberdeen? My guess is no

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Would never turn him away from Ibrox.
To suggest otherwise is just fucking stupid.

I've only just come across this thread and I have to admit to opening it with more than a little trepidation but really glad to see that the vast majority of our support have got over the initial knee jerk reaction to Gerrard leaving the way he did and still hold him in high regard.
I said at the time that emotions were raw when Souness left us but he's now quite rightly regarded as a Rangers Legend and Gerrard should and would be welcomed back to Ibrox at any time once the dust had settled.

Him leaving still stings but I get why and I probably won’t fully get over it until we win the league again (hopefully this year). Regardless, he is more than welcome and anyone who boos him can f*ck off

Sore one the way he left. Legend ? I’m not as pissed off as I was but still a bit raw but he did win 55 so will be forever grateful & times a great healer

Not to forget, the immediate improvement in Europe brought much needed cash to the club.

Brought ryan kent on loan and qualifying for the europa league stages paved the way to sign him permanently.

Not only stopped their run, but actually gave us a nice relaxing time doing it. Over by easter and never thought we would stop them in the style we did. It was f**ken magic.

Most definitely. The way he departed left a sour taste in our mouths, however, he is the man that gave us our respect back and delivered when it really mattered.

For that, I will always be grateful for what SG and the coaching staff achieved.

God bless our Rangers

Honestly, NO! I love Stevie G for what he done for our club, but the way he departed our club has left a bitter taste in a lot of our supporters mouths! I for one will forever remember what he contributed to rangers ( albeit I'm annoyed the way he left), but there are too many bears too pissed off to have him back so soon. Defoe on the otherhand, I have a large collection of butt-plugs!! WATP

Some of our fans need to get over themselves. Pulled us up from the depths of mediocrity. Loved the club but got another job as a stepping stone to his final destination and we were never keeping him long term.

Despite managing the team who won 55, he’s not a club legend in the same mould as Walter, so mibbes aye, mibbies naw. :)

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Yes, no doubt about it. SG was the manager who delivered 55.

Of course, he should be welcomed back with open arms for what he done for this team / the club.

Back