would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

My first thought would be definitely not but actually thinking about it he’s done us a favour so aye I’d welcome him.
Although I don’t think he’d want to.

Of course. He will be forever remembered as the manager who won our first top flight trophy in a decade. A man who inherited a shambles from Pedro who shouldn’t have ever got near the job in the first place and restored the standards of Rangers Football Club, put us back amongst the big names in Europe.

I’ll love him forever
Bang on

Wouldn’t have a problem with it at all.
Absolutely. There are far too many on here who need to get their heads around the fact that the guy left to take a job opportunity which he saw as attractive to himself and his family (something many of them would do themselves). He didn’t sell state secrets to the Russians !!

The guy who gave us an invincible 55 league title after 9 years of abject horror?

The guy who broke their black hearts in their biggest ever season; the one they'd sung about for 8 years prior?

The guy who restored pride in the club both domestically and in Europe?

Yes. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Yes.

McCoist has come back from the doldrums, so why not Gerrard?

After all, he left us in a much, much better place than he found us.

The timing could have been better, but given GVB slotted in nicely we can’t complain

Definitely not. Underachieved as a player and has so far underachieved as a manager. Snuck out the back door like a coward at the first opportunity. Hated him as a player and now I’m back to hating him again.
Probably call Souness the Magnificent Bastard aswell :D

Now the dust has settled about the way he left,
He got us back to pumping the mentally challengeds and gave us 55,
So a definite yes,

Definitely not. Underachieved as a player and has so far underachieved as a manager. Snuck out the back door like a coward at the first opportunity. Hated him as a player and now I’m back to hating him again.
Absolute rubbish, he had a great career as a player and will forever remembered for the 55 season by all Rangers supporters regardless of what else he does in management

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
100%

Aye. After its happened you can look at his time here as a whole with perspective. The plusses vastly outweigh the negatives. The plusses dont need stated, the negatives were the cups and the malmo games. The plusses win. The timing was rotten but he was always leaving after 3 or 4 years. Still reckon his feeling for the club is genuine but lets face it, its football, its a job.

Yes definitely.

Still doesn't look good with his BS sound bites of wanting to take us into the champions League and sorting the cup situation.

Overall he stopped the bheasts sham 10, gave us 55 and he will forever be a Rangers great!

100% I would .
The way he left wasn’t ideal but he deserves our gratitude for what he gave us and what he stopped .
Will forever be a legend in my eyes

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Id love to see him back for a legends game

I see a number of posters with their ‘he was the manager, not a player!’ line are wilfully forgetting that he has already played in a similar match for Rangers. I don’t recall any negativity then.

If SG is willing to represent Rangers as brilliantly as he has done in the past, then he’d be more than welcome in my book.

Might not be a God any more, but still a hero.

He would deserve the warmest of welcomes back.

It'd be the difference in me deciding to go.

So yes for me, go one better and get Defoe a run out also!

100%

I don’t get the hate for gerrard. I am disappointed in him in the way he left but can’t hate the guy with the league title win

Pointless thread.

1) he didn’t play for us so wouldn’t be eligible

2) Liverpool legends playing on same day anyway.

Back