would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

I would, but I seem to recall Souness took a good 5 years to come back, and it was still less than a warm welcome initially,

Compare Rangers to Aston Villa 2021. He’s a rat.
Hes made it very clear he craves the Liverpool job right? ,,, so just maybe he's been told by klopp (covid has been a gamechanger for some people) or whoever at anfield he needs epl experience to see if he can cut it. I hate the spfl 90% of this league is garbage, lets face it the product is very poor, will you say the same when gio starts looking over the fence ?

Definitely not. Underachieved as a player and has so far underachieved as a manager. Snuck out the back door like a coward at the first opportunity. Hated him as a player and now I’m back to hating him again.
You do know he's the only player to score in a league Cup final, FA Cup final, Uefa Cup final and Champions league final and he and his team won all of they tournaments so it's a bit harsh to say he underachieved as a player. As a manager he took us from being regularly humiliated by our rivals to being champions whilst improving our performances in Europe massively so again I'd say it's a bit harsh to say he underachieved in management.

I would, but I seem to recall Souness took a good 5 years to come back, and it was still less than a warm welcome initially,
Back then no sm, we didn't know that was the 3rd time he had been approached by Liverpool, we didn't know the sfa shit was stressing him to the max shortly after having a triple heart by pass op.

The manager who won 55 and stopped TIAR after the performances of Warburton, Murty and Caixinha? Of course I would, in a heartbeat.

100%.......Yes ...... The memories of 55 will be with me till I snuff it!
Well done Stevie G ......as you said, once a Ranger always a Ranger!

The OP would have been better served if he'd created a poll to open this thread.

I did initially post positively though.

Stephen Girrards ambition is bigger than himself. I have no problem with him appearing at Ibrox.For what he did for us cannot be discounted. He stopped the rot, brought respectability to our club and we should give him the respect he earned.

Definitely not. Underachieved as a player and has so far underachieved as a manager. Snuck out the back door like a coward at the first opportunity. Hated him as a player and now I’m back to hating him again.
It amazes me the amount of people who forget the state we were in when he took the job. A rookie manager restored Rangers name in Europe and delivered 55. That isn't underachievement. We weren't even a shadow of the pre banter years Rangers before Gerrard took over. Yes we could have won more but all things considered, he done a wonderful job.

Restoring the standards and laying the foundations for future success should also been seen as massive achievements. He finally put a lid on the horrendous time we all endured.

I was as pissed off as anyone with how he left but it looks like it may work out for the better. We just aren't going to be able to compete with the EPL no matter how much we want to.

In answer to the question, of course he should be welcomed back. Shouldn't be in question.

I hope in the fullness of time that the gaffer is remembered as he should be.

He's not a legend.

So no.

And I say that as someone who holds no ill will against him.
I would say he’s a Liverpool legend and as it’s a legends game then he would fit right in. He’s never played for us so I would assume a stint for both sides or just playin for the opposition

He took over a team of absolute dross and won us the most important league title in my lifetime with everything against him.

25 points and undefeated and without european money that Gerrard earned us we wouldn't be competing at all.

He is a legend without a doubt.

He’s also left us with 3 or 4 saleable assists.

Gerrard done what we all wanted him to do stop the 10 can you imagine how unbearable it would have been had they got it,yes how left wasn't great I was gutted but I'm well over that now he goes down as a legend without a doubt

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
If he was willing to play that weekend it’s more likely he will play in the legends game at Anfield same weekend they are playing Barcelona legends so I think it’s there he would play which I can understand why

Wound hasnt scabbed enough for me yet. In time aye but if Gio was not available I shudder to think who we could have ended up with and how far back we would regress.

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Aye I'd like it.

I was kinda pissed off at the time but I'm over it now and looking at it much more rationally. He's a human being and had his reasons for leaving. He genuinely loves rangers I believe that, think sometimes we just need to accept that players and managers are human beings are football is a job.

He brought us 55 and doesn't deserve disrespect.

Still too early.

If we win the league this season it’ll do Gerrard legacy well and any invite back to Ibrox maybe possible.

If not he’ll not be welcomed back and rightly so.

Do you know anything about football because you've just posted a pile of nonsense. 114: England caps, Champions League winner,UEFA Cup winner, 2 FA Cup wins,3 League cup wins as well as numerous individual awards but he under achieved as a player, as a manager he guided us to 55 but he has under achieved as a manager. Give us peace ffs

He came and sorted out a fucking mess. Europe speaks for itself. Yes we could have done better when it came to trophies, but he delivered 55, and we did it in style. Only disappointing thing was the way he left, we all knew it would happen one day, just the way it happened. Yes he would be welcomed back.

Steven Gerrard is an ex Rangers manager who won a title, against all the odds, that should have been impossible if Celtic had not dismissed us so readily (wankers).
Gerrard will always be a hero to me, and always welcomed warmly at any Rangers event.

If this is how people are responding to a guy who left a football club, then they've got a few hard bumps ahead of them.

Once the dust settles? Ffs, it isn't the end of hostilities in some war torn country.

Doesn't bother me one way or other but considering it's our 150th year and he was the manager that delivered 55 I think he's entitled to be there if he wishes to be.

If this is how people are responding to a guy who left a football club, then they've got a few hard bumps ahead of them.

Once the dust settles? Ffs, it isn't the end of hostilities in some war torn country.
I agree what your saying but that's not really the point is it, if he was to turn up and there's alot of booing it turns the whole day into one ugly circus, and guess whose hands that would fall nicely into..

Stopped the tainted ten , for young bears who don’t know how the pain went with their 9 then he had my best wishes - last year could only be bettered with fans in the ground - saved the day and wish him all the best

Back