would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

Saw him walking off the pitch at Goodison, gave a spare ball a bit of a nudge, declaring "still got it." An obvious plea to come back as a player! A good shout of "eff off" to the blues as he left the pitch too.

I remember helicopter sunday and the 9in a row, but the celebrations were nowhere near what I witnessed a few months back.

This was way more than just winning the league, this was a statement that after years of misery and humiliation for everybody with a bit of rangers blood in them, that we were back. If he had failed, god knows where we would be heading.

It's job done and nobody should forget that.

Souness played for us on the park aswell and turned us in a giant again always welcome a true club legend no doubt about it.
Why, he left in similar circumstances as Gerrard. As for turning us into a giant again, Souness had the luxury of signing the England captain , goalkeeper and anyone else he fancied. Gerrard started in a far poorer position and not only won us the league, but gave us back our respect in Europe. This is not a snipe at Graeme Souness , but I cannot believe the lack of respect Gerrard is being shown after what he done for us.

Grown men still upset about a manager who led us to 55 and gave us respect back in Europe leaving will need to get a grip of themselves if Gio is doing a good job in 12/18 months as the exact same will happen

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Yes. He turned our club around from a joke to a 10iar slayer. He should be welcomed with opened arms.

100% yes from me, been going to Ibrox since the early 70s and winning 55 was one of my favourite seasons if not thee favourite. The whole season was a joy, shame we weren't allowed into games to see it. Would have liked a cup or two but 55 was special so I'll forgive the cup runs.

Absolutely embarrassing if anyone wouldn't, let it go and get on with your life FFS!
Anyone who wouldn't welcome him to Ibrox at the Legends game - or on any other day for that matter - wants their head read.

He walked in the door in 2018 when we were an absolute joke of a club - blundering from one fck up to the next, one hiding off the tims to the next. When he left we were the League Champions and a respected force again in Europe. That is before you even get to the professionalisation of the club behind the scenes that he oversaw.

The manner of his leaving was far from great but, in my eyes, it does not tarnish his status as a hugely important figure in the history of our club. Not one iota.

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
yes

Back