Would you be upset at having to move for safe standing?

Would you move seats

• Total voters
I suspect the club have had other stuff to concentrate on. They’d need to look into fans financing it. So I suppose it becomes a chicken and egg thing. Why put time and resources into surveying fans to see if they’ll finance something they might not be keen on for some other reasons anyway? Either way, maybe people could leave the nonsense behind because it embarrasses and harms the club?
What "nonsense" are you talking about?

You’ll bite? We’ve been discussing it for half the day.
I was under the impression the thread was about the creation of a safe standing area for the U.B.s and others who would like to be more vocal at games,The preferred area,inconveniences of moving fans and would fans accept or object to moving,I would be very disappointed if the club discounted it out of hand and treated the fans concerns about the lack of atmosphere as irrelevant,IMO if the club had a better relationship with these fans they could work together to get rid of these songs you say harm the club.

I was under the impression the thread was about the creation of a safe standing area for the U.B.s and others who would like to be more vocal at games,The preferred area,inconveniences of moving fans and would fans accept or object to moving,I would be very disappointed if the club discounted it out of hand and treated the fans concerns about the lack of atmosphere as irrelevant,IMO if the club had a better relationship with these fans they could work together to get rid of these songs you say harm the club.
I was under the impression the thread was about safe standing which led to discussion of the issues surrounding it. One of those the issues being discussed which I joined is the songs that harm the club. Nobody implied the club think it’s irrelevant or discount it out of hand.
Which fans do you want the club to have a better relationship with to work together to get rid of the songs?

I don’t care. Read the thread.
Ok. I read the thread for half of today. Your opinion is that it's the UB that's one of the reasons that the board is refusing safe standing. So, because some supporters were walking around in Glasgow allegedly singing a banned song, the board is refusing safe standing? What about the Copland or Club Deck? What about the Broomloan rear? But to you, it's only the UB?

Ok. I read the thread for half of today. Your opinion is that it's the UB that's one of the reasons that the board is refusing safe standing. So, because some supporters were walking around in Glasgow allegedly singing a banned song, the board is refusing safe standing? What about the Copland or Club Deck? What about the Broomloan rear? But to you, it's only the UB?
You missed at least 2 posts where I specifically state it doesn’t matter if the fans are part of a named group or not?
It doesn’t matter if the people doing it are in a group with a name.
It doesn’t matter which fans or if they’re part of a group.

I was under the impression the thread was about safe standing which led to discussion of the issues surrounding it. One of those the issues being discussed which I joined is the songs that harm the club. Nobody implied the club think it’s irrelevant or discount it out of hand.
Which fans do you want the club to have a better relationship with to work together to get rid of the songs?
Obviously the U.B.s are the only organized group the club could approach,I personally do not sing very much and there are songs if started I will not join in with most of which I don’t hear very often now,
Could you be more specific as to the songs that you hear that damage the club.

Obviously the U.B.s are the only organized group the club could approach,I personally do not sing very much and there are songs if started I will not join in with most of which I don’t hear very often now,
Could you be more specific as to the songs that you hear that damage the club.
Apparently it isn’t the UB who sing them. No I won’t be writing a list of songs that we all know already.

I sit in the main stand so wouldn’t affect me personally but I really hope the club see sense on this and get safe standing introduced.

I’d personally not have it in the Broomloan Front as it is right next to the away fans. If it were up to me I’d have it either Copland front and/or rear. A much more commanding area rather than it being tucked away in BF1

Just my opinion on what I’d do if I were in charge but i eagerly await people who sit on Copland that they are glad I’m not in charge etc etc

Listening to H&H yesterday and when the discussion of safe standing was brought up, one of the reasons is people don’t want to move. I sit in the club deck so where I sit wouldn’t be affected, but if I sat somewhere it would, I don’t really understand why anyone would feel so strongly about it, knowing the match day atmosphere would be much better

Lol, you poll is a fucking shambles.

Apparently it isn’t the UB who sing them. No I won’t be writing a list of songs that we all know already.
There must a couple that really annoy you,Give us one or two that you hear regularly that damage the club,I’ve been attending games on and off since the mid 70s and our songbook has improved drastically and might not be perfect I would call it a work in progress.

So, why mention songs? What's that got to do with safe standing? I don't get the correlation.
I joined a conversation where it was being discussed. I don’t think it’s a leap to think the club won’t be desperate for more singing given what’s happened recently.

There must a couple that really annoy you,Give us one or two that you hear regularly that damage the club,I’ve been attending games on and off since the mid 70s and our songbook has improved drastically and might not be perfect I would call it a work in progress.
None really annoy me. The club being dragged through the mud annoys me. Why the desperation for the name of a song? I said in a post earlier it was far better now.

None really annoy me. The club being dragged through the mud annoys me. Why the desperation for the name of a song? I said in a post earlier it was far better now.
Do you go to away games? Were you at Ross County, St Johnstone, Dundee? Did you hear the songbook?? That's not the UB. They don't have 3k in their group. The clubs name is dragged through the mud due to minimal incidents at Ibrox being magnified by a compliant media. It's a million times better. You could ask Police Scotland for a FOI regarding the number of arrests or crime reports raised for offensive or sectarian singing and I bet you that it's probably 2 or 3 so far. You clearly believe that singing, particularly by the UB, is the overriding factor in the refusal of safe standing. It's attitudes like yours that keeps us down and stagnant.

We need to know the songs that drag name of the club through the mud so we can stop singing them,
We can’t tell fans not to sing songs and not tell them what songs not to sing.

Do you go to away games? Were you at Ross County, St Johnstone, Dundee? Did you hear the songbook?? That's not the UB. They don't have 3k in their group. The clubs name is dragged through the mud due to minimal incidents at Ibrox being magnified by a compliant media. It's a million times better. You could ask Police Scotland for a FOI regarding the number of arrests or crime reports raised for offensive or sectarian singing and I bet you that it's probably 2 or 3 so far. You clearly believe that singing, particularly by the UB, is the overriding factor in the refusal of safe standing. It's attitudes like yours that keeps us down and stagnant.
Are you really struggling to understand a simple sentence? I specifically said and quoted 2 posts that say it doesn’t matter who it is or if they’re in a group. Fans were walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed to be racist and we’ve just had sections of our stadium closed.

I also specifically said that I think finance is the main factor. Go and have a can of juice, slow down, read and understand what people post before flying into a rage and posting nonsense.

We need to know the songs that drag name of the club through the mud so we can stop singing them,
We can’t tell fans not to sing songs and not tell them what songs not to sing.
If you don’t know them by now there’s not much hope for you. Going round in circles arguing about words to certain songs is utterly pointless.

If you don’t know them by now there’s not much hope for you. Going round in circles arguing about words to certain songs is utterly pointless.
It was you that started it, I’ll stick by my opinion that from what I see and hear the U.B.s are a credit to the club add greatly to the atmosphere at Ibrox and stick to a songbook that does not drag the club through the mud.

Are you really struggling to understand a simple sentence? I specifically said and quoted 2 posts that say it doesn’t matter who it is or if they’re in a group. Fans were walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed to be racist and we’ve just had sections of our stadium closed.

I also specifically said that I think finance is the main factor. Go and have a can of juice, slow down, read and understand what people post before flying into a rage and posting nonsense.
Deemed, not proven. We can wait for the court outcome on that however it was external to the stadium. Second point. " we’ve just had sections of our stadium closed."
What are the referring to?

Last edited:
The absolute shit some people throw the UB’s direction is un f*cking believable at times
It's too easy for some , they genuinely think the UB are a group of 15 year old , even though the groups been running since 07. And because its a group and not Individuals , guys feel safer slagging them online with no consequences

It was you that started it, I’ll stick by my opinion that from what I see and hear the U.B.s are a credit to the club add greatly to the atmosphere at Ibrox and stick to a songbook that does not drag the club through the mud.
You’re not even making sense to the point I was making. Whether you like it or not, some fans think the club won’t be in a hurry to introduce safe standing due to our songbook. What you think of the UB or any songs makes no difference to that.

Deemed, not proven. We can wait for the court outcome on that however it was external to the stadium. Second point. "we’ve we’ve just had sections of our stadium closed."
What are the referring to?
The famine song has been deemed racist. We had sections of our stadium closed a couple of years ago. If the club is wary of introducing safe standing due to the songbook, it doesn’t matter if it’s inside, outside or away, it’ll make them wary of it.

The famine song has been deemed racist. We had sections of our stadium closed a couple of years ago. If the club is wary of introducing safe standing due to the songbook, it doesn’t matter if it’s inside, outside or away, it’ll make them wary of it.
That was 2019. I think that since the incident which was against St Josephs iirc and we got a section shut against Legia, we as a support have moved on hugely at Ibrox. The club cannot and were not held accountable for the alleged incident in Glasgow. How do you know that this is the reason why the club don't want safe standing?

You’re not even making sense to the point I was making. Whether you like it or not, some fans think the club won’t be in a hurry to introduce safe standing due to our songbook. What you think of the UB or any songs makes no difference to that.
I’m not making sense,I haven’t got a clue what your point is other than you don’t like the idea of safe standing under any circumstances.

You should probably go back to the start of the conversation.
I have read it all, you’re a mess here, it’s just farting about the edge of saying something without actually saying it.

The club hate the UB is what it reads like you want to say.

The UB they have had in the dressing room, who’s songs they tweet, who they accommodate for displays, who the ex manager went to inside the stadium to engage with, who the captain openly praised on Twitter

The club openly accommodate them.

The UB and active standing fans as things stand have done a load to change the songs sung at Ibrox

I have read it all, you’re a mess here, it’s just farting about the edge of saying something without actually saying it.

The club hate the UB is what it reads like you want to say.

The UB they have had in the dressing room, who’s songs they tweet, who they accommodate for displays, who the ex manager went to inside the stadium to engage with, who the captain openly praised on Twitter

The club openly accommodate them.

The UB and active standing fans as things stand have done a load to change the songs sung at Ibrox
It’s simple. Some people have said they don’t think the club will be keen on safe standing due to recent incidents with singing. That’s been my only point all day.

If you’re getting anything like the club hate the UB from anything I've said then you need to go back and read it properly. Ive made one point.

I’m not making sense,I haven’t got a clue what your point is other than you don’t like the idea of safe standing under any circumstances.
Ive had one point since my very first post. The club might not be desperate for safe standing due to some songs. You clearly read something about songs and got angry so you’ve been trying to start an argument about which songs and anything else since you joined in. My only point has been the club might not be desperate for safe standing while songs are still and issue.

That literally makes no sense as a point TBH, if there was validity in it why bother having people in the stadium, why bother accepting away tickets.
Really? People are clearly just not following the conversation because they don’t want to.

Ive had one point since my very first post. The club might not be desperate for safe standing due to some songs. You clearly read something about songs and got angry so you’ve been trying to start an argument about which songs and anything else since you joined in. My only point has been the club might not be desperate for safe standing while songs are still and issue.
Not the least bit angry you were just mixing two issues IMO,Safe standing and inappropriate songs.

But why should a song be an issue? Are you saying that you can only sing sectarian or offensive songs whilst standing? What happens if you are seated and sing them? Remove your seats? You are having a mare here. You are in a spiral of incoherence.

But why should a song be an issue? Are you saying that you can only sing sectarian or offensive songs whilst standing? What happens if you are seated and sing them? Remove your seats? You are having a mare here. You are in a spiral of incoherence.
You haven’t understood the point since you jumped in and still don’t. Some people think the club might not be in a hurry to introduce safe standing due to the issues around songs. That’s it. Very simple. Nothing to do with punishing people who are sitting and singing or anything else. It’s a very simple point that you’ve struggled with for hours. Let’s just leave it at that.

I dont want to get involved in this spat but I had to post about what is and isnt acceptable for singing. It isnt clear as can be evidenced by numerous previous threads.

Ive argued for years that the club needs to get its hands dirty and start engaging with fans over the songbook. Its a gross over simplification to just say "no add ons" or "Rangers songs only". Eg "Super Rangers" or "FF" Etc.

I understand the difficulty in someone official giving the go ahead for songs and how this might play out in the press but perhaps this could be done through a second party.

Ive been going to Ibrox longer than you. Ive never used pyro or thrown snowballs. Am I right in assuming you dont even sit in the BF but here you are passing judgement on fellow fans like you're some paragon of virtue. Your post is disgusting.
I have had the same seat for 34 years. Been attending for going on 50 years. If I disgust you - rock on mate.

Back