Would you give the Gers money if you won a huge amount on the lottery (And would your Mrs let you.)

If it was a significant sum ,I would give them a fair bit and keep enough that I can live off the interest, I don't have any children so I would leave them a significant amount in my estate when I pass away as well along with cancer research and McMillan Nurses.

Had this discussion with my significant other she said no I said yes obviously or i would,not have started this thread . If i had won the Colin Weir money i know i would have seen Rangers all right don't think we would have went through what we have .
Weir money defo a donation.
Don’t understand why you would want to see it as a financial investment.
Now I trust the board to use it wisely.Not for players or wages but something like stadium improvements to allow the club to focus on football.

For sure. I'd ride in on my blue and white horse and give the club the lot, leaving myself and family without a pot to piss in. Go me..

Jesus i wish i had,nt bothered here was me doing something i thought was helping my club and it would seem going by your post that ive just stepped on a minefield of problems .maybe better using my winnings on hookers and crack but think my Mrs would have definetly said no .
Apologies for the harsh reality

But you only need to look at the guy who was a nurse from Hamilton that won the lottery in 90’s That ended up investing in Livingston at the behest of Celtic and ended up skint after they went bankrupt and he was the guarantor.

Unfortunately your average person that wins the lottery has no idea of how ‘money’ works

I fully intended when I was younger if I had won a £100million+ Euromillions paying off the clubs debt at the time.

But you only need to look at the guy who was a nurse from Hamilton that won the lottery in 90’s That ended up investing in Livingston at the behest of Celtic and ended up skint after they went bankrupt and he was the guarantor.

Unfortunately your average person that wins the lottery has no idea of how ‘money’ works
Yes i remember him got swindled allegedly by an X celtic investor but he did keep buying houses in the same street .

Very much doubt it. You need oil/oligarch revenue now to make any major difference .
At the top level (bigger leagues and CL) but you only need to look at the clamour for the CL cash this season, to see how much of a difference maker that would be in Scottish football.

Depends how much I've won. Probably more likely to buy Fort William FC and try and do a Football Manager in real life. Think it would then be against rules to give the Gers money.
I would put money into the Fort too, 50/50 and we could re-open the Pulp Mill and we could convince Apple and Google to open big places up the road to Spean with half decent players on board!!

How much was it he won, 160 million? I think I would give 25 percent away, 40 million. Told my wife I would be giving rangers money if we won big, she would have to live with it!
Was thinking along the same lines, her Indoors would just have to like it or lump it,if anyone knows me on here please don't tell her, i come from a long line of cowards. WATP.

Wife and I talked about this a few years ago. Talking about a huge Euro win say £160m she asked what I would do. So I said well we could split 50/50 giving me £80m, I said I would give something to Rangers. She asked how much but I wouldn’t say but she kept pushing and saying ‘come on we are only talking and having a laugh’ so I said I would probably give £40m of my £80m to the Gers.
She went feckin mental saying I was off my head. To me it seemed a no brainer

If it was daft money then I would look at becoming a major shareholder. If it was just a few million then I'm still likely to spunk a lot of it on match tickets and the 55 million tops Castore put out each season, so the club would still see a fair chunk of my cash

Had this discussion with my significant other she said no I said yes obviously or i would,not have started this thread . If i had won the Colin Weir money i know i would have seen Rangers all right don't think we would have went through what we have .
Yes I would give some money to Rangers and get a new Mrs!!

Two big-money lotteries over here. Tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is $396m (cash option of $273m) while the Powerball tomorrow is $96m (cash value of $63m).

If I win the Mega Millions, I may assist in the purchase of a new midfielder.

I love Rangers but I'd never gift them money. I'd be open to giving them an interest free loan and I'd buy an executive box.

Probably not. I’d maybe get hospitality and the like but unless I won a substantial amount the donation would have more of an impact on me than Rangers.

I do quite fancy buying a League 1/2 team like Peterhead, Albion Rovers or the likes and living out my Football Manager fantasies in real life :D

He was conned by his own type

Nope would be too busy test driving the new Koenigsegg Gemera that's after buying a 911 Turbo S and a Lamborghini Urus. I wouldn't be able to spend anymore than that especially after the Gemera costing about 2 million

Not a penny regardless how much I won. If I won say 140 million I would keep 40 and divide up the rest between family and friends. Wouldn't be giving any money to a public limited company. For those saying they would ask yourself this. If we qualify straight in to the CL next year with the guaranteed millions it would bring, would you expect the club to reward the fans by pricing the tickets at say £20? Would they feck.

Not a penny regardless how much I won. If I won say 140 million I would keep 40 and divide up the rest between family and friends. Wouldn't be giving any money to a public limited company. For those saying they would ask yourself this. If we qualify straight in to the CL next year with the guaranteed millions it would bring, would you expect the club to reward the fans by pricing the tickets at say £20? Would they feck.
Hence the reason most would only 'donate' money if they won't an insane amount.

Wife and I talked about this a few years ago. Talking about a huge Euro win say £160m she asked what I would do. So I said well we could split 50/50 giving me £80m, I said I would give something to Rangers. She asked how much but I wouldn’t say but she kept pushing and saying ‘come on we are only talking and having a laugh’ so I said I would probably give £40m of my £80m to the Gers.
She went feckin mental saying I was off my head. To me it seemed a no brainer
That would, quite literally, be a ‘no brainer’

Take football and emotion out of it

Would you give £80m to any other business just out of the goodness of your heart?

Depends how much I've won. Probably more likely to buy Fort William FC and try and do a Football Manager in real life. Think it would then be against rules to give the Gers money.
Anyone remember that Tim from Shotts who won 10 million and put millions into Livingston. He ended getting shafted by that rat Keane who ran Livingston. Not sure what he's up to now but last I heard he was back to his hospital porter job.

If I won £100m I’d give Rangers 50m and all I would want is a life time seat preferably directors box or somewhere I’m getting a 3 courser each game.

I'd give the club plenty and in return scrap the mygers nonsense and get a better customer services.A lot more flags banners statues around the stadium.

I used to joke with my missus that if I won the lottery I would eat a Walls Viennetta every day for my tea. Imagine my surprise when I did win the lottery but instead of having the Viennetta I chucked the missus and bought a Maserati and fecked off with a bird half her age with big knockers. (Viz)

Colin Weir money I'd be happy to invest 20-30mil but I'd want a place on the board. Not even sure that would be possible as shareholders would have to vote on it no?

i would look at it differently, i would take greater pleasure in buying Celtic and making a complete ass of every decision and watch them slowly rot in the lower leagues. everyday would then be a great day because i sure rangers would easily win the league every year anyway.

If a reasonable fortune then as others have said, seats / box for life, members lounge etc.

Mega money then I’d try to find an angle that would help secure the club moving towards. Something like an endowment that would bankroll Auchenhowie but try to take it a step further - maybe build a residential centre and tie-in with some of the independent schools and colleges / unis in Glasgow to try to attract top young talent from Europe, give them access to everything they need to develop, with the best of coaches and facilities, and also a solid education under their belts.

And / or try to find another angle - the Rangers Pools did wonders for the club back in the day. Trying to find the next futuristic phase of that (obviously online betting is here already) which would guarantee a stream of income for decades.

Chucking 20, 50M for players is short term, fraught with disaster and I think in any case more or less forbidden these days anyway.

Back