Would you go to the colts games?

I would definitely take in all the fixtures local to myself given that there's no first team clashes plus it's a chance for a bit of ground hopping.

If they get entered into the lowland league?

Id probably take the family to a good few games. Good excuse for a day out in random places. Probably wouldn’t go to many when the weather is Baltic though.

would be really interesting to see how many we would take to these games. Two years ago, it would be minimal, but after the last year, I can imagine that would change.
Yes. I went go all the youth European games with my boys. I'd happily take in more youth games.

If they get entered into the lowland league?

Id probably take the family to a good few games. Good excuse for a day out in random places. Probably wouldn’t go to many when the weather is Baltic though.

would be really interesting to see how many we would take to these games. Two years ago, it would be minimal, but after the last year, I can imagine that would change.

It would be an ideal opportunity for those of us with young kids to introduce them to games...

I stupidly gave up my eldest & I's Season Tickets after our first year back in the SPL.

I now have a 5 year old that has never seen us live & unless i sign us all up to My Gers (with zero guarantee of a Season Ticket) it's going to be difficult to get him involved.

I would go but it might depend on where the games were played
Our club should look to strategically fixture all our football.
If the men play Saturday, the women and Colts should be playing Sunday afternoon and evening.

A minimal entry for STH and reasonable prices for others.

Merchandise for sale and other initiatives for families and so on.

I'd go to a few games depending on location and our match that weekend. Good excuse for a days drinking somewhere different. I'd expect at least couple of hundred bears at each match.

Fair enough, I’m just saying
I hope that didn't come across as a dig.

I'm much the same & have been to a few Renfrew games as I used to live there and would go when we didn't have a game on.

That's why I knew they were well below the level our youth would be competing at.

I hope that didn't come across as a dig.

I'm much the same & have been to a few Renfrew games as I used to live there and would go when we didn't have a game on.

That's why I knew they were well below the level our youth would be competing at.
No offence taken pal. I’ve the local junior teams in mind, I’d love them to get a wee turn.

For a season or two we played reserve games at the recs in Alloa .. a few of us used to head down to these games , seem to remember seeing Charlie Miller for the first time at these games. Also we played a few games at Stirling albions ground , these games are good to see the academy boys breaking through

Don’t think there are any teams local enough for me to consider it.

What league could Brechin drop into?

Would deffo go to a few away games depending on whether we are playing and how close it is

Don’t think there are any teams local enough for me to consider it.

What league could Brechin drop into?
The Highland league

The northern most teams currently in the Lowland league are Kelty Hearts , Bo'ness & Stirling Uni

The later bringing the mouthwatering chance of a return to Alloa's ground which we all enjoyed so much in the lower divisions

The Highland league

The northern most teams currently in the Lowland league are Kelty Hearts , Bo'ness & Stirling Uni

The later bringing the mouthwatering chance of a return to Alloa's ground which we all enjoyed so much in the lower divisions

Thought as much, cheers

If there's a game in the area and it doesn't clash with a first team match I'd go. Also could be a nice way for people to introduce young kids to going to the games and bonding with the club.

I would. When the news came out last week, first thing I did was look to see what teams actually played in the Lowland league and if any were local to me. There's at least 4 teams within a 30 minute drive from me so I'd be happy to go to these games on days that the first team aren't playing.
I have been meaning to look this up.

Where would we use for our home games too? Auchenhowie? Surely we would sell that wee stand out each game

I have been meaning to look this up.

Where would we use for our home games too? Auchenhowie? Surely we would sell that wee stand out each game
I'm not sure where we would play our home games. I saw another poster mention Firhill which would make sense as we used that for some of the youth Euro games I think.

Reactions: GF1
Would definitely take the wee man along to some of these games if it happens

I hope it goes ahead, can only be a good thing for Scottish football, and these clubs could benefit from bigger gates and more money.
Yes I'd like to go to a few games.

Yes 100%, I'm not a football fan I'm all about Rangers.
When I lived in Germany I went to the odd Mönchengladbach game but that was more an excuse for a piss up. When I lived in Stoke I went to one Championship game out of curiosity but never went back.
Give me the chance when we're not playing to go and watch the colts locally and I'd happily go along, it's not just going to a game then it's going to see Rangers.

Yes 100%, I'm not a football fan I'm all about Rangers.
When I lived in Germany I went to the odd Mönchengladbach game but that was more an excuse for a piss up. When I lived in Stoke I went to one Championship game out of curiosity but never went back.
Give me the chance when we're not playing to go and watch the colts locally and I'd happily go along, it's not just going to a game then it's going to see Rangers.
I'm very much the same.

Erm, bit of a drive from Plymouth for a colts game, but pretty sure I would attend if I lived nearer.

Yep, would go along to quite a few, as long as there was no 1st team clash.

Back