Would you have swapped this season for the title

Swap?

• Yes

Votes: 342 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 73.2%

• Total voters

Tagsbear

A daft hypothetical question, but I'm interested to see what people think.

For me it's a straight no, it's maybe raw at the moment due to how gutting last week was, but the European run will live with is all forever.

The games at Ibrox were incredible and I really doubt if Leipzig will be bettered for any of us.

The build up to the final was so surreal, questions in Parliament, the PM giving us a personal good luck message, the numbers travelling, the party atmosphere.

The team and fans have enhanced our reputation across Europe more than any title win could

That's not to say I would want that every season, the league is the priority of course, but I now expect us to be better in Europe, I don't think the latter stages should be beyond us and hopefully this European campaign isn't a one off.

The Scottish Cup was a nice way to round it off, but we all know a Scottish cup isn't a successful domestic season for Rangers

No.

Europe is the priority for me. Followed by the league. Always has been. We'll always have another crack at the league title, but the chance of European glory is much rarer.

Manchester and Seville are not only our only finals, they're the only times we've reached the quarters since 1993.

Such a close call, if we had won in Seville then no question really IMO. The only slight is the automatic CL qualification we missed out on not winning either EUL or the title that just takes the shine off what otherwise would have been a dream season - european finals will trump anything we could do in Scotland IMO. But then I wasn't brought up in Scotland so don't have that proper utter contempt for the rest of Scottish football being away from it all personally!

No.
No matter how much it hurts to have lost on Wednesday and not winning the league, the fact we got to an European final for only the 5th time shows the magnitude of what we achieved plus, when you take into account the promising signs under GVB I think the future looks good.

A daft hypothetical question, but I'm interested to see what people think.

For me it's a straight no, it's maybe raw at the moment due to how gutting last week was, but the European run will live with is all forever.

The games at Ibrox were incredible and I really doubt if Leipzig will be bettered for any of us.

The build up to the final was so surreal, questions in Parliament, the PM giving us a personal good luck message, the numbers travelling, the party atmosphere.

The team and fans have enhanced our reputation across Europe more than any title win could

That's not to say I would want that every season, the league is the priority of course, but I now expect us to be better in Europe, I don't think the latter stages should be beyond us and hopefully this European campaign isn't a one off.

The Scottish Cup was a nice way to round it off, but we all know a Scottish cup isn't a successful domestic season for Rangers

Leipzig at home has been the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at Ibrox, and I’ve been going since 1993. Don’t think I’ll hear anything like that again.

I don’t really know the answer to your question though. The European run was unreal but the league would have guaranteed us £30m next season and champions league. I think for me it will depend on if we get past the champs lge qualifier or not in the summer

What I did love though, was that Celtic won the league and hardly anything was said about it, it was all about our European run. No one even battered an eyelid on their league win

Ask me after the transfer business and the CL qualifiers next season.

If we get in, then them winning the league doesn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

I think it's a question we can only know the answer to once we've seen the fallout from this season.

I will say though we were one kick away from a definitive no answer.

A bit too raw to tell at the moment. I definitely look back on the season we got to Manchester more fondly now than any of the 3 subsequent seasons we won the league, so I suspect in time I wouldn’t swap it.

A few ifs and buts. If we qualify for the Champions League then no. If we don’t, Celtic have been handed back the initiative with all that money and are in pole position for the league and automatic Champions League qualification again next season. That kind of money can have consequences for years to come.

We had a chance to win the league and throw them into turmoil both on and off the park
Them losing the league and their season ticket sales would have hit the floor forcing them to borrow just to keep up
Still voted no

We had a chance to win the league and throw them into turmoil both on and off the park
Them losing the league and their season ticket sales would have hit the floor forcing them to borrow just to keep up
Still voted no

We heard all this would happen if we won 55 and stopped their '10 in a row'. None of it did.

Absolutely not. I’ve seen us win plenty league titles. I never thought I’d see us at a second European final and have a real chance of winning it this time. Memories that will last a lifetime. We’ll win the treble next year ;)

We should always be about winning trophies. Yes, the EL run was fantastic and seeing us in another European final filled us all with immense pride.

However, we didn't win. That would have been the only way to compensate for not winning the title.

Harsh perhaps but it my view it's the reality.

Right now swapping it would get rid of the heartache of last Wednesday so I’d probably lean towards saying yes.

In a few months time i’ll most definitely say no.

Money wins and for me it all depends on if we qualify for next season's CL. This season's success in Europe has been a huge cash windfall for the club and I would not take that away...

But if it was the choice between Europa Final this season or CL entry next season... CL all the way.

However, win two ties and we can have both!

Dortmund, Red Star, Braga and especially RB at Ibrox will live with me for the rest of my life. Seville minus the game also. That trip seeing all the bears young and old was incredible.

Wouldn’t swap it for any tittle.

We have had some incredible nights and I am as proud of the players as I've ever been.

The pisser is we are not guaranteed the CL group stage football, that we earned, and that could be very costly.

So the answer is yes

If, in a couple of months, we get through our qualifiers then I will change that answer to no.

I went for no, but it’s to be acknowledged that if we’d just won the title we’d all be rightly ecstatic at the prospect of Champions League football back at Ibrox next season so I completely understand anyone voting ‘yes’.

We still have a fairly decent chance of making it, and if the worst comes to the worst we have a guaranteed shot at the Europa League again. Financially we've hopefully bridged some of the gap with this year's run.

No

This season has put us back on the map in so many different way.

So many positives Fortress Ibrox, Euro Finalists, good natured support who travel in unrivalled numbers, players who we can now command big fees for.

I've been thinking about it like sitting watching your lottery numbers come out one after another. We didn't get the final number and win the jackpot but what we did get was great. I'd probably have swapped winning the EL to stop 9.5iar but this year no - was a great ride.

The profile of our club has seen it reach levels unseen in decades, especially in Europe, where we belong. The love-in for Rangers from around the globe this season has been incredible. We'll win the League again. Don't rule out us reaching another Europa League Final either. We are more suited to the latter.

We can win the league next season, who the hell knows when we'll get another chance to win a European trophy.

I think had this poll been before that euphoric night against leipzig and the build up to seville then most would probably say yes but now we have those memories then i dont think a title win would have brung anywhere near the same amount of joy. Only last seasons title would have eclipsed it

I can't really answer yes or no however what i do know is that the only thing i've experienced in life that felt as good as the winner against Leipzig (and then the final whistle) was Nacho scoring the penalty in Florence.

Had lots of great highs over the years (and more than a few lows) but that emotion was unreal and i'll remember it for the rest of my days - much more so than if we had won the league this year but not had the Euro run.

Ask me after the transfer business and the CL qualifiers next season.

If we get in, then them winning the league doesn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

I think it's a question we can only know the answer to once we've seen the fallout from this season.

I will say though we were one kick away from a definitive no answer.

That's when the question can really be answered, after next seasons cl qualifiers.

If we get through them then this season will be remembered as one of our best, if we fail in those qualifiers it takes a bit of the shine off this season.

Massive no from me. We can still (and should) qualify for the CL.

The memories of Seville will last a life time, what an experience it was.

The hurt will pass, but the pride will only grow stronger!

Last edited:
Back