Would you have swapped this season for the title

Swap?

• Yes

Votes: 342 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 73.2%

• Total voters
It's still too raw for me to give a rational answer. If I had to right this minute, the answer would be yes................but Wednesday's bitter hurt might have calmed down by the start of next season and my answer might possibly be No then?

Pre Braga.... yes.

Since then, no. Even our Scottish Cup win (usually a consolation if it doesn't form part of a double with league) has eclipsed the league title.

This has been a season like no other. Its been the season where me and my little boy have really established a bond of watching and talking and singing and celebrating (and picking each other up after) football. It's had incredible highs and heartbreaking lows, but many memories that I won't forget. No chance would I swap that.

Such a close call, if we had won in Seville then no question really IMO. The only slight is the automatic CL qualification we missed out on not winning either EUL or the title that just takes the shine off what otherwise would have been a dream season - european finals will trump anything we could do in Scotland IMO. But then I wasn't brought up in Scotland so don't have that proper utter contempt for the rest of Scottish football being away from it all personally!
That’s the difference for me.
The Euro run was brilliant.
Home games, especially Leipzig, magical.
Reaching the final, brilliant.
It’s difficult to say that I wouldn’t swap this for the league though.
If the rewards were higher for just getting to the final, I’d be saying “no”.
Ask again after CL qualifying.
If we’ve made the group stages, I could easily switch to saying a definite no to the league for last season.

Nope, that night against Leipzig alone had more emotions than an entire league season. Add in the buzz for the next 2 weeks and for me there’s only one answer.

Although just to be awkward, I’d have enjoyed the league presentation with masking tape covering the name of the big-money sponsor.

Absolutely not.

The memories shared with my son on the run to Seville will be with me till I die.

Titles will come again, but the magic of those nights might not.

This for me. Football has never made me feel like it has this season at times, Dortmund and Braga were brilliant but the night vs Leipzig was surreal, it was absolutely out of this world. Domestically only Helicopter Sunday matches the buzz.

I’m not going to argue that getting to the Europa League final and not winning every season would be better than winning the league, of course not, but in isolation this was an amazing season.

They're not even in the same stratosphere.

Feeling the way it felt to get there, the magnitude of the occasion, the permanent history of winning it.

The league when we win it is always incredible, more so last season given the importance. But watching your team walk out on Wednesday should put it easily into context for any Bear.

No.

I will watch us win the title again many times in my life and have watched us win it many times before.

I could watch us win the league at a canter for the next five years and not once will I feel the absolute elation I've felt on our Euro run this season.

If I had the option of them winning the league again next season but we get to another European final - I'd take it.

No, we were one game away from winning the league (if you reverse Ibrox 2-1 game we win league) and one kick away from winning a European trophy.

Add in the departure of our manager right before a semi final.

Fine margins between one trophy and four.

No.

Europe is the priority for me. Followed by the league. Always has been. We'll always have another crack at the league title, but the chance of European glory is much rarer.

Manchester and Seville are not only our only finals, they're the only times we've reached the quarters since 1993.
was europe the priority for you last year as well ?

No Chance. I enjoyed this European final considerably more than 2008, or any other league win (apart from helicopter Sunday)

But the games against Dortmund away. Red star, Braga and of course Leipzig at Ibrox those memories will live with me forever. Seville (stadium shambles aside) was incredible.

We will win plenty of more leagues in my lifetime, we may of course make another few European finals - but I don't know if I'll ever experience a rollercoaster of a season like this. 10 years ago, starting it as champions, the brutal lows of losing Walter/Jimmy but the consistent euphoria that our European exploits provided. Yes it still stings, but I'll never forget this season.

I voted yes. I thought we had to win the Europa to make up for not winning the league.

Maybe would have a different opinion if I had been at the European games, however didn't manage to them for a variety of reasons.

We heard all this would happen if we won 55 and stopped their '10 in a row'. None of it did.
They had nobody to sell this Summer beyond their captain and they probably are already downsizing with wage deals
Still have last seasons flops to get off the bill but now they can afford to offload them

Nope.

We came a bawhair away from winning another European trophy. How often does that happen?

Inches here or there and it's a whole different story.

I wouldn't give up runs in Europe like that for any domestic trophy.

Europe is always the arena our club should strive to be judged. I want to see us continue to improve in Europe and challenge for more semis/finals on a regular basis. The thought of us going back to being also rans that are routinely papped out in qualifiers or group stages is depressing.

No because titles come and go and it’s impossible to win the league year in year out but for me and my 5year old to go to 3 big European nights at Ibrox and Seville priceless

They had nobody to sell this Summer beyond their captain and they probably are already downsizing with wage deals
Still have last seasons flops to get off the bill but now they can afford to offload them

As I said mate we heard all this before.

They wont have a penny to spend due to the pending court cases.

Their captain has left and they've sold their best player in Eduaord, they'll fall apart.

Their manager is a nobody and we'll canter the league.

All these doomsday predictions about them never, ever happen. Its the same with them predicting we owe gazillions to Mike Ashley and rubbish like that. They would have been in the qualifiers for the Champions league anyway so could have made it no matter if we won the league. Plus they had 2 years of it back to back and it was predicted it would take us at least a decade to bridge the gap and catch them. We done it within 3.

Neither Rangers or Celtic are going to ever achieve anything that would throw the other in turmoil or leave them behind for years. Its Scottish football, there's a 'quality ceiling' within our game that neither of us will break as ultimetalty you're only ever going to get a certain calibre of player here.

Can’t answer until the CL qualifiers and summer business are complete. If we make the CL then I can say no I wouldn’t swap it. If we miss out on the CL which means we can’t strengthen significantly and they can, then I’d have to say yes because there are huge repercussions for that moving forward.

Ask me after the transfer business and the CL qualifiers next season.

If we get in, then them winning the league doesn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

I think it's a question we can only know the answer to once we've seen the fallout from this season.

I will say though we were one kick away from a definitive no answer.

That’s looking at it in a sensible way, but the memories and buzz of some of the nights and lead up to Seville where priceless!

In a purely football success only = trophies and finances rule sense then definitely the title is more important, however I think for our standing in the game, as a club and as a support this has been a great season, and one we’ll look back fondly of.

I live in England.
We win the league then it’s comments like “farmers league” two horse race etc
The run in Europe even more perhaps than 55 has put us firmly back on the centre stage of football

We have had some incredible nights and I am as proud of the players as I've ever been.

The pisser is we are not guaranteed the CL group stage football, that we earned, and that could be very costly.

So the answer is yes

If, in a couple of months, we get through our qualifiers then I will change that answer to no.
^^^^^^^^ this.

No chance. We secured 55 and stopped Terry Munro last year which was absolutely required. I’m not mad at losing the title this season in all honesty. The memories this past year have produced outweigh it for me.

Not a chance, this season has delivered some amazing memories. Terry Munro aside I'd always prefer a crack in a European Final over an SPL title

Last edited:
As I said mate we heard all this before.

They wont have a penny to spend due to the pending court cases.

Their captain has left and they've sold their best player in Eduaord, they'll fall apart.

Their manager is a nobody and we'll canter the league.

All these doomsday predictions about them never, ever happen. Its the same with them predicting we owe gazillions to Mike Ashley and rubbish like that. They would have been in the qualifiers for the Champions league anyway so could have made it no matter if we won the league. Plus they had 2 years of it back to back and it was predicted it would take us at least a decade to bridge the gap and catch them. We done it within 3.

Neither Rangers or Celtic are going to ever achieve anything that would throw the other in turmoil or leave them behind for years. Its Scottish football, there's a 'quality ceiling' within our game that neither of us will break as ultimetalty you're only ever going to get a certain calibre of player here.
I get all that but last season they sold Frimpong,the polish striker,Eduaord,Christie and Ajer for what they claimed to be the guts of £45 million and thus allowing them a rebuild
They weren't finding cash this Summer without borrowing and i doubt they would find favourable CO-OP loans this time
Maybe turmoil is a bit strong but we lost a chance to dominate for a few years by giving them the access to the CL cash

I voted no, despite all season talking about how vital 56 was to us / the club financially.

I’m pretty sure I know what the directors would vote, a very strong yes.

However, as others have said, this seasons memories will be with me forever. Forever.

Dortmund ties, and we were already punching above our weight. Red Star 50/50 tie won albeit less comfortably than it looked from outside. Braga, a fantastic fight back & a result that didn’t show our dominance at Ibrox. We roasted them.

And then there was the night at Ibrox v Leipzig. For me, the greatest night ever in our stadium, beating Bayern 2.0 in 1972 & also Kiev in 1987.
Just an incredible night & atmosphere that nothing else in life, never mind football, could match. To share that with my son & brother, before, during & after the game, was pretty damn magical.

I didn’t get to Seville, but soaked up the experiences on here, with the bears being absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately our players didn’t peak as they had in the previous ties, but it was an amazing couple of weeks of my life, and will stay with me forever.

No way.

This season has made me feel more optimistic about the future than ever before. I didn't think I'd ever see us in a Euro final again, who knows whats possible now?

That European run under gio has given my sons something I never thought they would ever see.

I full expect us to be back there before too long. I've never felt pride like it for our team as I did this season tbh. I fucking love Rangers.

The Euro run has done more for the club’s profile than any league title ever could.

When the landscape of Euro football changes, it’ll be these kind of performances (and supporter images) that get us into the conversation.

This season we saw a progressive modern football club.

Today maybe, In 12 months no chance.

I find that winning a title loses its importance a few years down the line but making a European final will live with us for life.

If I had the chance to go back and swap our 2008 European run for the 2008 title I wouldn't do it so why would I do it for this year.

No. Our new manager needs the significant finances we've accumulated. The European adventure has also brought club and fans together the likes of which has been missing for a long, long time.

A new era has arrived. Let's see how Timothy copes with us, Europe and their class action next season.

Find it crazy to see so many people mention that the answer will depend on CL qualification next season.

The whole reason we want that extra cash is to try and achieve the moments we got this season.

Wouldn’t trade it for the world

Not a chance.

Yes I want us to win titles but we will do that next season and maybe the season after and the season after, European finals even if you lose them are incredibly special for Scottish sides (we'll win the next one!)

100% no, we can win the league every season, this Europa final will be hard to replicate, and the memories were just too good to substitute.

We lost that final by the lottery of a penalty shootout for god's sake. Life long memories that cannot be tarnished. No not even a title win can eclipse this season's achievements for me. So proud to have my club back where they belong.

Scottish football is now so shite that even just making the EL final and losing made the Scottish league seem like a sideshow.

Not saying we shouldn't care that we didnt win it and handed it to them, but the reality is for pretty much any Rangers supporter too young to recall 1972, a European trophy would be the best day of our lives.

We had a chance to win the league and throw them into turmoil both on and off the park
Them losing the league and their season ticket sales would have hit the floor forcing them to borrow just to keep up
Still voted no
It wouldn't have put them into turmoil at all.

We were in the lower leagues for 4 years and they couldn't leave us behind.

I know it didn’t work out but that two weeks from winning the semi to playing in the final were outstanding.

Wouldn’t have traded it then and wouldn’t now.

I'll remember those nights against Dortmund, Red Star, Braga, Leipzig and particularly the trip the Seville for the rest of my life.

No way would I trade those memories

Back