Would you like to see managers miked up?

mdingwall

Administrator
Just finished re-watching tonights game and saw Gerrard nattering away to Zungu coming on and gesturing like anything and I couldn't help wondering what he was saying to him :)

Anyone else interested to hear what the manager is saying?

I’d like it. It would be interesting and add something to the game but no doubt be used to try to get people in trouble. Anything could be said in the heat of the moment. Maybe if sky offered more money if they could mic managers up?
Possibly if it’s only on while subs are being made so there’s a bit of insight? Pre-match changing room footage too?

Mark must be on the sauce, 2 threads started on the same thing, one with the correct spelling the other not.:)
My answer in the other thread was no, not miking up managers but I’d like refs miked.

Do I not like that
I think that Graham Taylor one would be hard to beat as he was under some pressure to beat Holland. To watch him going mad at the ref for not sending off Koeman and then when England are 2 nil down the feeling of resignation and telling the fourth official that the ref has cost him his job was hilarious and sad.

No but the officials should be so that we can hear their conversations between each official and the players that would be a benefit to all concerned except for the cheating ones probably.

Yes, but I can understand why managers might resist it, and I think they should have the right to refuse. I think track mics are a contractual obligation in MLS as are interviews during the game

No because I think the manager would hold back sometimes what he would really want to say.
It would make it all false.

No chance. It would be terrible.

And unfair on the gaffer, imagine being mic'd up at your workplace! Terrible idea. Unless you were a disc jockey or something like that, then it would be a terrible idea not to be mic'd up I suppose.

Would have been interesting to hear what SG was saying to Alf at the end of the game.
As for McGregor you could do a charity thing every game guessing the amount of swear words he shouted/uttered.

That’s the last thing we need.

Nothing against club media having a mic in the dugout area for a little insight on the end of season review dvd though.

Getting referees hooked up would be a good idea it could explain some of the decisions before the commentators and pundits put their own mentally challenged spin on it I'm sure there is a video of a referee in Australia that has done it for BT sport

Just finished re-watching tonights game and saw Gerrard nattering away to Zungu coming on and gesturing like anything and I couldn't help wondering what he was saying to him :)

Anyone else interested to hear what the manager is saying?
Sleep deprivation, are you training for the SAS? :cool:

It would be interesting but I don’t think it is possible.
Managers and other staff passing on tactical instructions, which opposition players to pressure on the night etc. These are private conversations.
TLB would be comedy gold though, ranting and raving at his own players and swearing at ours. He would be done for libel and even Clerr would have to get involved.

Ya stupid beep beep beep eejit what beep beep beep beep was that supposed to beep be
Too true mate. Lambie was good value.

A great anecdote was when a Jags player got a head knock and had to temporarily come off. Gerry Collins (I think) says so an so doesnae know who and where his is. Lambie: ‘Tell him he’s f**kin’ Pelé at the Maracana and get him f**kin back oan’.

Too true mate. Lambie was good value.

A great anecdote was when a Jags player got a head knock and had to temporarily come off. Gerry Collins (I think) says so an so doesnae know who and where his is. Lambie: ‘Tell him he’s f**kin’ Pelé at the Maracana and get him f**kin back oan’.
Belter of a one liner. :))

Back