Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
Kent has scored 3 goals in his last 50 odd games.

People wanting another 4 years of that sort of output which would probably be alongside a handsome wage rise on the chance we could sell him is bizarre to me.

If we're being brutally honest, Kent simply has not kicked on in the way we imagined he would when he signed. It's why, apart from Leeds, no one has touched him with a bargepole.

If we re-sign him, then we're stuck with him. I don't see anyone buying him. Same goes for Alfie.

Are we really comfortable with committing ourselves to £30-40k a week to each of them for the next 4 years ?

At some point we really need cut the cord this core group of players. Because they are becoming staler with each passing week. They've played their part but relying on the same old faces, time and time and time again is going to get us nowhere.
Spot on!

I thought he'd come out of his slump and get back to form but it was another poor show tonight. Still find the idea of letting him leave for nothing hard when we know what he's capable of

Kent has scored 3 goals in his last 50 odd games.

People wanting another 4 years of that sort of output which would probably be alongside a handsome wage rise on the chance we could sell him is bizarre to me.

If we're being brutally honest, Kent simply has not kicked on in the way we imagined he would when he signed. It's why, apart from Leeds, no one has touched him with a bargepole.

If we re-sign him, then we're stuck with him. I don't see anyone buying him. Same goes for Alfie.

Are we really comfortable with committing ourselves to £30-40k a week to each of them for the next 4 years ?

At some point we really need cut the cord this core group of players. Because they are becoming staler with each passing week. They've played their part but relying on the same old faces, time and time and time again is going to get us nowhere.
Compare his output to Jota who cost £6.5m and for me it should be a thanks to Kent but goodbye in the summer or January if we get offered something

Same applies to Morelos.

They’ve both gone stale with us and earn far too much with nowhere near enough returns

Whether people think he's shit or not. Letting 7m walk out the door with no return is silly.. ideally sign a new contract and take a fair offer in a year or so
That’s the definition of throwing good money after bad. If he continues with the same form then the only person bidding is a championship team taking a punt that he recovers his 55 league form and offers £2m ish. You’d burn that in a year with £35k / week wages. Plus awarding this terrible form with a bumper contract sends out a bad message to youth - the sad reality is we overpaid for him in the first place, we should try and punt in Jan to someone in low premiership desperate to stay up and recover half our outlay. It’s a pity as he’s done some great stuff for us but it’s few and far between now.

Kents showed tonight hes every bit of a championship player. When he bounced off Salah on the halfway line that was enough for me. Tonight was the stage for him to show what he can do but failed miserably. Get what we can for him in January and cut our losses.

Mad that he’s been here 4 years and there are some who still think he’s suddenly going to show some sort of consistency in terms of good form. A few exceptional games among a sea of mediocre to down right poor showings is all we’ll ever get from him.

Last edited:
No. Like the majority of this side now, their Rangers careers peaked with the run to Seville. We need new blood.

We’ll be chalking this up as a huge loss financially. Somebody will take a chance on him on a free but the last few seasons have seen a steady decline from him. This season, 1 goal. Last season 3 goals. 2021-22, 13 goals.

Really hoped he'd pull it out of the bag last night, if only to showcase himself against his former club and put himself in the shop window. Sadly just confirmed he's way off the pace.
So sad, had such high hopes for him when he signed permanently and after 55

He goes anywhere else and his career nosedives, would love him to knuckle down and get back to where we all know he can be... looks and seems elsewhere though.. affected his game for far too long, spell on the bench and play Matondo in his natural position.

We've already invested what, £10m -£12m pounds on him ( transfer plus wages).
We need that back just to break even.

I agree mate, I was just being sarky.

Is anybody going to pay anything close to that for him though? I doubt it.

We do need to do what we can to claw back as much as possible though.

How is contract has been handled is yet another Ross Wilson shaped fiasco.

He'll sign a long term contract and be an ever present no matter his form.

His performances on the whole over the last x amount of months has been far from good enough.

His numbers, a word a lot hate on here, are poor. His performances have not been good enough.

I agree mate, I was just being sarky.

Is anybody going to pay anything close to that for him though? I doubt it.

We do need to do what we can to claw back as much as possible though.

How is contract has been handled is yet another Ross Wilson shaped fiasco.
I bet we give him a new deal and throw another £5m in wages at him.

He's an empty jersey and has been for ages. Perhaps if Gio gave him a kick up the arse and dropped him it might make him try a bit harder, but he's been undroppable no matter how little he does in a game so it's not really surprising that he just waltzes about that left wing every week running into people and tripping over his own feet.
In other words, NO do NOT give him a new deal!

Compare his output to Jota who cost £6.5m and for me it should be a thanks to Kent but goodbye in the summer or January if we get offered something
I got ripped to shreds on here for saying I’d rather jota than kent.

He’s very fortunate there’s not much competition for his position.

Remember the Ryan Kent who set up Jack Vs Celtic Dec 2018 and left their right back on his arse.

Remember the Ryan Kent that scored at Parkhead then celebrated with the gun salute.

Remember the Ryan Kent that opened the scoring for the season at Pittodrie in 2020.

Remember the Ryan Kent that set up Lundstram Vs Dortmund.

Every time I see his name on the team sheet that’s the Ryan Kent I hope will turn up.
95% of the time disappointingly it’s not.

Remember the Ryan Kent who set up Jack Vs Celtic Dec 2018 and left their right back on his arse.

Remember the Ryan Kent that scored at Parkhead then celebrated with the gun salute.

Remember the Ryan Kent that opened the scoring for the season at Pittodrie in 2020.

Remember the Ryan Kent that set up Lundstram Vs Dortmund.

Every time I see his name on the team sheet that’s the Ryan Kent I hope will turn up.
95% of the time disappointingly it’s not.
If he is wanting a move he is not helping himself the way he is playing be lucky to go to a championship side

People need to stop talking about how we spend 7 million on him. Its gone and its irrelevant to his current value.

He is playing with a 2 million player and his contract situation means he is worth next to nothing

Him and Alfie have been hanging fire all season on the 'will they/won't they' sign sideshow, the impression they've been giving was they wanted a nice earner and a move to pastures new. Neither's exactly been setting the heather on fire with their performances this season and the same again last night, although to be fair the service to Morelos was poor and he did show a bit more. I would've thought The Champions League against Liverpool at Anfield would've been their best option to show what they had to offer, but unfortunately not. As much as I like Morelos, I think it's time both were told 'shape up' or 'ship out'. Think everybody's getting cheesed off with their attitudes and lack of performance, they're both welcome to move to some foreign non-entity or English Championship Team, as they realise they might not be as good as they think they are.

I don’t actually know what his best position is? Because it’s not as a winger. I actually can’t remember him hitting the bi line and putting a cross in.

There’s no denying his talents but going by last night he can’t play against higher quality opponents in the winger position

Back