Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
The reality is we have to get him to sign something, even if it’s a year extension so that we can get a fee for him.
However, he is a shadow of the Ryan Kent who was terrorizing European defenses last season.

I got ripped to shreds on here for saying I’d rather jota than kent.

He’s very fortunate there’s not much competition for his position.
Yeah you’re not allowed to acknowledge that he does far more for about the same money without being accused of sooking mentally challenged boaby, the school weans on here won’t allow it.

There is competition for his position but he's untouchable for some reason.
Waste of a Jersey every game!

The reality is we have to get him to sign something, even if it’s a year extension so that we can get a fee for him.
However, he is a shadow of the Ryan Kent who was terrorizing European defenses last season.
We won't get much for him so I wouldn't bother.

Hopefully a deal can be done in January and get him and Kamara out the door and actually but a central midfielder and a right winger/attacker.

Clearly isn’t worth the money we have invested in wages this last year or so, best wishes and all that we move on.

One good game in ten. But we paid a ton for him, but would he accept without an increase? And how tf could he even justify getting an increase when his performances for over a year now haven't warranted it to say the least

Just making stuff up.

The Leeds link has been there year after year and I'm cynical lady's front bottom so I say he's already agreed a deal.

He'd also really fit with Marsch"s offensive soccer plan.

Kent won't struggle for a club and should get a decent uplift in money.
Just read your next post on this and, well, it looks like I can beat you on that one.
When I read the post I replied to, I thought I had just read another plonker just being a smarty pants.
This posts suggests I got it wrong and I see where you’re coming from so, my apologies.
Time will tell on the talent of Kent but I agree with your underlying point.

I'm inclined to think we've got all we can out of him. Probably best to sell him.

Would love to be proved wrong, but that's upto Kent.

Not for me.

We can't demand much for him.

It's nothing to do with form, just the fact that he isn't a very good player.

I don't doubt he's given it 100% but the return in goals and assists just isn't good enough.

Best get him off the books and free up some cash on the wage bill

Might be the best time to offer him a deal in the hope he finds form to then get some cash back for him asI can't see anyone else touching him at the moment.

It's a tough one - we don't know if he is ever really going to discover his good form again. Or whether he is even that bothered about it. Does he even still want to be here? That said, we get him on a new deal we might get some cash back for him at least. On the flip side of that again putting him on a new deal, based on his form, is going to put folks off wanting him. English teams are loaded and throw money around but genuinely love to take players from Scotland as cheap as possible, free if it's on offer.

Voted no, but if we can get him to sign a new deal and then sell him that would do as we will get next to nothing in January for him.

At this stage the weeman dosent look like signing .who knows but I reckon he will great for some team possibly down the road

Much easier to come to a decision on this question if you ask yourself beforehand "why should we offer him a new contract?". The ten seconds of internal silence answers the question for you.

Kent isn't signing an extension that isn't on improved terms, especially when as a free agent in the Summer he could sign somewhere on enhanced terms, and anyone who thinks he should be rewarded with an improved contract needs their head checked. He should have went in the Summer for a reduced fee.

Not for me. He can be brilliant on his day but unfortunately those days are few are far between now.

He's in the same bracket as the likes of Jack, Arfield, Davis, Barisic and possibly even Goldson and Morelos in that their best days as Rangers players are behind them.

Just adds to the frustration about the recent recruitment that we seem to struggle to move people on at the right time.

You would think if he was looking for a move he would be bursting his arse, problem is he is only one of many who seem to have dropped off performance wise. Show`s up scottish football for what it is when we are 2 point`s behind in second place and have looked a shadow of the team we are.

He is going through the motions and is currently playing like he wants away from the club.
Poor squad management that comes from the club if I had six months left on my current contract in im already starting to look else where.

We should never be letting assets get to the situation that they are unsure what they are going to do.

Either they want a new challenge and we move them on or they want to stay and we extend the contracts. This has to happen 2 years before the deal expires.

Letting the best part of 25/30 mill of players leaving for nothing should see someone sacked

Jota?
Flip I would have Abada over Kent every day of the week. 4goals in 56 games for Kent i believe the stat is. Laughable.

Correct answer

No one has been exactly battering down our door with bids for him over the past 4 years have they ?

So the gamble is giving Kent £7m over the next 4 years in the hope that someone offers us huge money as his numbers get steadily worse.

Not happening.

No one has been exactly battering down our door with bids for him over the past 4 years have they ?

So the gamble is giving Kent £7m over the next 4 years in the hope that someone offers us huge money as his numbers get steadily worse.

Not happening.

We reportedly rejected multiple bids from Leeds.

Despite Kent and Morelos being out of form, it's a failure from our 'player trading model' and Ross Wilson if they leave on free transfers.

There's been times where their value has been peak and we've failed to benefit from it. I don't see it as impossible that we could have got a buyer for him in the summer after him being named in the Europa League team of the season.

We reportedly rejected multiple bids from Leeds.

Despite Kent and Morelos being out of form, it's a failure from our 'player trading model' and Ross Wilson if they leave on free transfers.

There's been times where their value has been peak and we've failed to benefit from it. I don't see it as impossible that we could have got a buyer for him in the summer after him being named in the Europa League team of the season.

That's one team.

So we're relying on Leeds coming in again despite them having already bought other wingers ?

Then we would be stuck with him for another year as no one would pay decent money for him.

He will go in January to lower half Championship team or somewhere abroad like Turkey etc.

He is finished with us and shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 till January based on his "form" the last 18 months.

Kent isn’t doing the business and I’ve got no confidence that any replacement would either. We haven’t replaced Candias and how many years is that. If Gio wants to play with wingers, then we need wingers that can beat men and cross balls, get into the box and commit defenders.

We will end up with youth players on the wings.

Regrettably it would be a No from me. As I have said previously he has all the talent required to play at the top level but lacks the character, desire and heart to succeed at the top level. Time to move on.

They've been the absolute fulcrum of our attacking play for so long, I find it bizarre we haven't really sought to change, alter or add to that in that time.

We should have moved on from them a year and a half ago. Easy to say. I guess covid scuppered a lot of moves.
Id say it would be fine to keep them for that long if we were strategic in the way we are developing our squad.

Clearly we arent though. There doesnt appear to be any strategy to our mid/long term transfer plans or squad development

I think now the answer has to be no - Kent has been good for Rangers in spells but ultimately you can have all the talent in the world - but in Scotland especially you need to chip in with goals and assists playing in a front 3 for either Rangers or them.

if someone offered in January a semi reasonable fee he should be moved on and someone who can contribute 10/15 goals / 20 assists in a season brought in.

Regrettably it would be a No from me. As I have said previously he has all the talent required to play at the top level but lacks the character, desire and heart to succeed at the top level. Time to move on.
I dont think he has all the talent. His speed is decent, he has decent feet. Beyond that, he is miles off being a top level player. Unfortunately.

I think now the answer has to be no - Kent has been good for Rangers in spells but ultimately you can have all the talent in the world - but in Scotland especially you need to chip in with goals and assists playing in a front 3 for either Rangers or them.

if someone offered in January a semi reasonable fee he should be moved on and someone who can contribute 10/15 goals / 20 assists in a season brought in.

I know its been done to death, but Sakala would get 10 goals and a decent number of assists.

I dont overly rate him as a player, but he can contribute.

Id rather have a player who gives a 7 most weeks than someone who turns it on once in a blue moon and has a dreadful scoring record.

I know its been done to death, but Sakala would get 10 goals and a decent number of assists.

I dont overly rate him as a player, but he can contribute.
I agree he would - as a footballer its night and day - Kent is MILES better - but Sakala would get you more numbers.

At this stage the weeman dosent look like signing .who knows but I reckon he will great for some team possibly down the road
He will never be great, especially if he does get his "dream move" to the EPL. He's a decent player and hardly a youngster, so I dont see him improving much. His attitude this season has been fucking woeful which almost disappoints me the most.

Id rather have a player who gives a 7 most weeks than someone who turns it on once in a blue moon and has a dreadful scoring record.
sadly that's most wingers - very few apart from at the elite level are consistent week in week out - could argue in the SPL they wouldn't need to be.

look at Martin Boyle @ Hibs - he's hardly a world beater but he contributes season after season with goals and assists - 150 games in the premier league - 36 goals 28 assists - a goal or assist every other game for a historically poor Hibs team.

There is competition for his position but he's untouchable for some reason.
Waste of a Jersey every game!

4 Assists and a goal in 6 league games this season. The only person in our squad with more goal involvements this season is Colak.

19 assists last season. What a waste.

He clearly hasn't kicked on as we would have hoped, but this is very much an example of you don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

4 Assists and a goal in 6 league games this season. The only person in our squad with more goal involvements this season is Colak.

19 assists last season. What a waste.

He clearly hasn't kicked on as we would have hoped, but this is very much an example of you don't realise what you've got until it's gone.
How many goals and assists has he had all season? Not just the league?

And (I dont know the answer to this), how many assists has he had this year (2022)?

That's one team.

So we're relying on Leeds coming in again despite them having already bought other wingers ?

You said 'no one' though, 'one team' did make multiple bids which was acknowledged by the club.

I never said anything about relying on them.

On current form, no.

For the money we spent on him, for him to go on a free would be not “best in class”.

Back