Would you pay your season ticket next year ?

Would you Renew next season if we”re in the same boat as this ?

• Yes

Votes: 837 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 9.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 168 15.2%

• Total voters

Followbear93

Just get the horrible feeling we won’t get into see the Famous Inrox this season, at least not all season ticket holders and fans that is.

fast forward next season and we’re in the same boat would you renew again or give it a miss? I would still do it but I know a few that’s said they would t and to be fair it a lot of money to part with if you’re not getting what you paid for..

It would depend on how much it costs, compared to normal. If there’s no worse lockdown than this year, I’d still be able to afford it for my boys and myself. However, the Club would need to have some plans in place for that eventuality. Just expecting another year of season tickets and myGers being bought would be taking the piss.

I think this has been positive that it will actually open up new adventures for the club.

The physical going to games and those who cant make it pay £10 each game to watch on the laptop.

In fact most clubs will go the same way.

Yes, I save for them every month so will have the money to do so. It will be a donation, as with this year but we have to support the club. I can’t see us being in the stadium this season.

I know this question crosses lines between personal finances and your love and loyalty for the club. The uncertainty in this world means people will undoubtedly have to prioritise paying the mortgage etc.

Touch wood for all of us, that our jobs are secure by the time this question is posed to us. If my circumstances don’t change, I will undoubtedly renew.

This season I have the means and happy to support the club, next your who knows. Hopefully it won’t be an issue.

In my opinion, if this virus grows as predicted over the winter then I reckon there is a high chance no fan will set foot in Ibrox until 2021 and when we are allowed it’ll be small numbers.

Even if we go a full season I’d still buy my ticket next season again. Have done so since 1998 and won’t be stopping now.

To be honest the club's and players, not just ours, would need a serious rethink on their wages imo. It's morally wrong to be charging for something you aren't getting.
No one forces you to purchase anything. If you want to buy it do so if not fair enough. There will be others in the queue.

Yes but I’d be happier with a digital season ticket every year.

That would be brilliant if the club could introduce that, my hips and knees are done and travelling from N.I can be a pain in the arse.

Also yes I would always renew.

Yes but I’d be happier with a digital season ticket every year.

this is something the club should look at long term, sell out physical season tickets and issue digital ones to those who cant be there

obviously a bit cheaper, bit could see loads getting hoovered up

It would depend on how much it costs, compared to normal. If there’s no worse lockdown than this year, I’d still be able to afford it for my boys and myself. However, the Club would need to have some plans in place for that eventuality. Just expecting another year of season tickets and myGers being bought would be taking the piss.

It's not the club's fault there's a highly contagious illness going around. If we want a club to support them we all need to do our bit. Imagine with all the bs we have went through and we throw it all away for covid, that would be sickening.

Bit early to say. Normally it would be "yes without question" but the work situation has changed recently and, as such and much like many others, will need to see where things are at renewal time and whether or not we can justify the outlay.

Working on the basis that its a long way away and things will be better by then the eternal optimist voted "yes" :))

I will but if this continues then there's got to be a global rethink on wage and operating structure. TV companies who dish out billions on viewing rights should be looking to spread the cash better, to help struggling clubs survive and ensure the growth of the game

Let’s be honest launching MyGers this season was already taking the piss. It should have been held back until at least next season. I still joined though.

To be honest the club's and players, not just ours, would need a serious rethink on their wages imo. It's morally wrong to be charging for something you aren't getting.
While in theory you are correct, in practice there will always be clubs willing to pay the players more, so even if some form of salary cap was brought in for the SPFL, we would lose our best players to leagues which could pay more.

yes as it is the 150th anniversary and it helps keep the club afloat
but wouldn't continue to do so without more for my money,
i think full access to RTV or something similar would help

Due to health, the Digital ST has been great for me, the home games i can watch on RTV.
It’s an income that goes straight to Rangers, that would not have done so otherwise. I don’t use VPN or whatever it is.
I feel for normal ST holders though, next year there should be no charge for MyGers as nobody (as it stands) has any benefit from it this year.

Probably would.
My wife questioned it strongly when each of the four payments were done for me and my boys ST though.
I'm on automatic renewal anyway, so can probably claim the computer did it without asking me and hope I'll get to survive grief free.

I've went undecided, primarily as I think its a helluva lot of money to effectively donate. I have 3 ST to pay so thats near enough a family holiday (ironically even that is a risk as well)

I think if it came to another season of this, IMO the club should be reducing the cost. I understand the usual arguments about playing costs etc still being the same, no obligation to buy it etc. But feel we would be getting taken advantage of.

Bottom line is we may have to. The club relies on our money. However it's perfectly understandable if anyone doesn't. Not everyone can afford to give away around £500.

I'm undecided. If they put a hike on price as well as MyGers etc. then that gives me a decision to make.

I get how cool it is to just say "aye" but the actions and loyalty bullshit from the board may tip.

No one forces you to purchase anything. If you want to buy it do so if not fair enough. There will be others in the queue.
Thats just a piss poor reply IMO. You know nothing of someone's situation on here. Effectively dismissing him as just another number. But that isn't the case when it comes to the club wanting his money, they trade on our loyalty time and again.
You're right, no one forces us to buy a ST, there will be others waiting. People say why should the club be harmed by covid... why should a loyal supporter who this season alone has put over £500 in way of a donation to the club be treated as just a number?

Speaking to somevof my acquaintances in the pub who are ST holders at other clubs, in the main they will get a refund for each individual match they miss, but there’s no way any Scottish club could afford that.

Probably will renew both tickets, but club have to be sensible re pricing structure, possibly offering a small discount if we don't get to see any games this season.

Going to be undecided at the moment, Need to see what the cash flow is like at the time and what payment options are available.

At the moment on the job front I am looking at my wages if I get a new job being 25% less than what I have been on. So need to plan carefully over the next few months if the jobs come through.

I will not be swayed by people making out I am less of a Rangers fan if I take the decision not to as the most important thing is paying for roof over my head, paying money to my ex so I am still providing for my kids. paying bill, anything after that is a bonus.

Although what you are saying is correct. The attitude of 'you are just a customer, so what?' Is clearly and happily prevelant from some fans as well as the club. Sad.

This thread, as ever, will be interesting.
Thats not my attitude. My attitude is that people knew what they were getting into. They have a choice

It’s not so bad for me as I’m the only season ticket holder in my house but imagine if you had four in the one household 2000+ to watch the game on the same tv

Yes I would renew given the means....... but that is a long way off just now! W knhoows what the landscape will look like come the time?!

If we're still in partial lockdown come May then there might not be a league to play in so this decision might be taken out of our hands.

We'll be back before then. Look at France who have 5000 back at games now.

To answer the question though, I'm undecided.

After being part of the refresh loyal to finally get a season ticket back this season ill need to be at deaths door to give it up next season!

Latest posts

Back