Would you pay your season ticket next year ?

Would you Renew next season if we”re in the same boat as this ?

• Yes

Votes: 837 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 9.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 168 15.2%

• Total voters
If there is zero likelihood of attending ANY game next season as well I would renew but would appreciate if the club deducted the usual running costs for a capacity Ibrox match off the everyone's ticket pro rata. It won't be costing a fraction of what it normally does to run a match at Ibrox in the current state of affairs.

I'm more than happy for Rangers to be making the profit they expected off my ticket in a 'normal' season but I would struggle to justify £615 to watch matches on a stream particularly if they continue to do PPV for £9.99. I would effectively be paying a lot of money to reserve my seat which doesn't seem right.

It's not the club's fault there's a highly contagious illness going around. If we want a club to support them we all need to do our bit. Imagine with all the bs we have went through and we throw it all away for covid, that would be sickening.
of course its not the club's fault. But it's not the fans' fault either. I think over 45,000 season tickets, 25,000 mygers and feck knows how many strips is doing our bit.

Last edited:
Thats just a piss poor reply IMO. You know nothing of someone's situation on here. Effectively dismissing him as just another number. But that isn't the case when it comes to the club wanting his money, they trade on our loyalty time and again.
You're right, no one forces us to buy a ST, there will be others waiting. People say why should the club be harmed by covid... why should a loyal supporter who this season alone has put over £500 in way of a donation to the club be treated as just a number?
Not dismissing anyone. I think most people knew what they were getting into when they purchased a ST this season. The club havent taken money and then banged the gates closed and refused people entry.
My point is noone is forced to buy a ST. If you have the means and can do so, great. If not thats fair enough as circumstances may dictate that there are more important things required by an individual at the moment.
Either option doesnt make you more or less of a fan.
But my point is no-one is forcing anyone to pay for a service they arent receiving

I'm undecided. If they put a hike on price as well as MyGers etc. then that gives me a decision to make.

I get how cool it is to just say "aye" but the actions and loyalty bullshit from the board may tip.
Undecided for me.

Absolutely nothing to do with finances or physical attendance.
Everything to do with the "status quo" continuing unchallenged

Yes, club needs the revenue without it we would be looking at downsizing everywhere. There is also the possibility of a large number seeking a refund on this season as well as the refunds for last season.
Hard times for everyone club, and supporters. We still have the prospect of thousands more losing their jobs at the end of this month. I don't think there will be as big a take up on season tickets next year.

Don't have a choice Rangers are in my blood just like a junkie needs a hit i need Rangers I live and breath Rangers like many more of my brothers and sisters of the Rangers family

Not a good analogy, I'm pretty sure a junkie would get his fix as cheap as he can.
You could pay for each game on RTV cheaper than a season ticket.

Yes, club needs the revenue without it we would be looking at downsizing everywhere. There is also the possibility of a large number seeking a refund on this season as well as the refunds for last season.
Hard times for everyone club, and supporters. We still have the prospect of thousands more losing their jobs at the end of this month. I don't think there will be as big a take up on season tickets next year.

Don't think you will get a refund this year sure the TS and C's say that you are getting RTV as an alternative

After finally getting the little man a season ticket this year and 3 seats to the left of me, I'll be doing everything I can to keep it that way until a time comes where he doesn't want to go anymore or if I'm ever in dire straits financially.

If we're still talking about not being in a stadium come ST renewal time then the decision will be made for a lot of people unfortunately.

God knows how the economy will be if we're still unable to do "normal" things this time next year.

We're a ridiculously loyal lot. If we can renew, we will; it's what we do.

Speaking to somevof my acquaintances in the pub who are ST holders at other clubs, in the main they will get a refund for each individual match they miss, but there’s no way any Scottish club could afford that.
Not a full refund but they could offer a small discount fiver or tenner off next season's for each game missed this season

Having finally got a seat transfer to the area i have been wanting for years in the summer i will definitely be renewing next season.

If we're still in partial lockdown come May then there might not be a league to play in so this decision might be taken out of our hands.

We'll be back before then. Look at France who have 5000 back at games now.

To answer the question though, I'm undecided.
I will renew but luckily, I can afford it but I cannot see how clubs without a big fan base and little sky money coming in can survive.
Players wages would need to be looked and and the likes of Doncaster and his 300 odd grand salary would need to be drastically reduced.

If we win 55 we’ll absolutely sell out our STs again next season even if we’re still not getting fans in the stadium.

Don't think you will get a refund this year sure the TS and C's say that you are getting RTV as an alternative
Fair point, but if other clubs do refunds on games, do you not think there will be supporters here demanding the same? There was enough on here looking for refunds for last season.

Yes, i will renew for as long as I can afford it,
I can see clubs going under if this stretches on to next year, we are then left with a league with even less money than before so the level of opposition will get worse.

To be honest the club's and players, not just ours, would need a serious rethink on their wages imo. It's morally wrong to be charging for something you aren't getting.

I don't think it is as we all knew the risks when we bought our season tickets this year. We weren't forced into buying them.

The club need the money and I'll continue to buy mine as long as I can afford it.

if am in in a job no doubt, I should’ve been put into the gold myGers chat for paying 70% of my redundancy payment on a season ticket and I’ve still got £175 quid to pay haha. I am not working at the moment though so hopefully they club don’t cancel my seat and can wait for payment once I get sorted with a job.

I really wish the country would just take the virus head on and just keep the vulnerable in doors at much as possible and let the rest of us fight it.

I am lucky enough I’ve got a roof over my head and fed every night and universal credit covers my bills and that is it, literally anything else is a real struggle.

Hopefully I am back working and no matter what I would renew would be the answer if it still meant not attending - the club need our money to survive, what I would like to see is players taking a small 10% wage cut or something to prevent any rise in season ticket prices if we can’t get back in.

If this scenario does unfold, the players and management need to make sacrifices also, by taking a wage cut, NOT a wage deferral.

I will renew however it will annoy me a lot more than it does currently if we still can’t get into games next season and people remain able to watch the games for a tenner a time when season ticket holders have paid a small fortune for the same experience.

Fair point, but if other clubs do refunds on games, do you not think there will be supporters here demanding the same? There was enough on here looking for refunds for last season.
You can't just get a refund because you want one.
Last season was completely different, nobody signed up to that.

Thats not my attitude. My attitude is that people knew what they were getting into. They have a choice

If they don't then who cares as there'll be "others in the queue". (Quote from you).

What you are saying is technically correct, but essentially that's a business not giving a shit about their customers as long as the money rolls in.

Last edited:
I’d renew, yes.
Agree.
My cost of ST will effectively reduce as 19 x 150 mile round trip is about £365 + say £10 per match in other exes = £555. About my ST cost.
Still want to be in my seat and shouting at cheats, refs & cheering our goals.

Fortunately the Mrs. has no idea about what my football costs are! :)

If they don't then who cares as there'll be "others in the queue". (Quote from you).

What you are saying is technically correct, but essentially that's a business not giving a shit about their customers as long as the money rolls in.
I never said who cares.
What would you like Rangers to do?
They were up front about what this season may be like. They havent taken money under false pretence. To say they are morally wrong is hysterical nonsense

I never said who cares.
What would you like Rangers to do?
They were up front about what this season may be like. They havent taken money under false pretence. To say they are morally wrong is hysterical nonsense

Your post infers that and you know it. No idea why you now disagree of that, tbh.

I would like Rangers to at least freeze prices, which they may well do, and/or offer some form of extra incentive to renew.

Also, can you point me to the part of my post that states it's morally wrong? Thanks.

Your post infers that, no idea why you now disagree of that, tbh.

I would like Rangers to at least freeze prices, which they may well do, and/or offer some form of extra incentive to renew.
My post doesnt infer "who cares" it means if someone feels its morally wrong to pay for a service that they knew they werent going to get in the first place then there will be others willing to purchase a ST knowing the true situation.
Now you are arguing about something that may or may not happen, price freeze.
The original point that was made was it was morally wrong for the club to take money from fans and not provide a service.
Tell me what the club have done wrong regards ST sales?

Its harder for a family that go and say pay for 2+ tickets, if your not getting into the ground then paying for one gets you the same features, the only down side is getting 2+ seats together can be a challenge and people rightfully wont want to give up their seats beside family members or friends. I’ll be renewing 100%

On another point, I think its actually pretty poor that season ticket holders don’t get access to all RTV content this year as an extra incentive.

Yes. My season ticket is for life and this is just a bump in the road - albeit an annoying and expensive one.

Also, season ticket money is the single most important source of income to our football club. Without it we'd be goosed.

Obviously everyone's circumstances (financial etc) are different and I appreciate some folk might just see a season ticket as a luxury they can't afford, if not getting the proper use out of it in terms of having a young family or whatever, that the money could be 'better' spent if their financial situation was tight.

My post doesnt infer "who cares" it means if someone feels its morally wrong to pay for a service that they knew they werent going to get in the first place then there will be others willing to purchase a ST knowing the true situation.
Now you are arguing about something that may or may not happen, price freeze.
The original point that was made was it was morally wrong for the club to take money from fans and not provide a service.
Tell me what the club have done wrong regards ST sales?

IMO

Launching a loyalty scheme at renewal time to get extra money during the pandemic.

Making it more difficult for anyone who wanted a refund from the previous season.

The cringe loyalty email and message from the manager.

As a season ticket holder you are getting a reduced service by not being able to physically attend home matches. Reduced/altered service usually means something given back from a company.

Now you could say that I am straying into morals as opposed to business, fair enough. But it's a shite way to get treated, backed up by fans, whilst getting loyalty speeches.

Last edited:
IMO

Launching a loyalty scheme at renewal time to get extra money during the pandemic.

Making it more difficult for anyone who wanted a refund from the previous season.

The cringe loyalty email and message from the manager.

As a season ticket holder you are getting a reduced service by not being able to physically attend home matches. Reduced/altered service usually means something given back from a company.
Again down to choice.
I renewed my ST knowing it was unlikely to attend a game anytime soon or if at all.
Did I join Mygers? No as it was an extra expense that i couldnt afford at the time for myself and daughter. Tbf Mygers was planned well before pandemic and if it easnt launched no doubt club would have been criticised for not having a membership scheme and missing a trick on an income stream.
Did i apply for refund? No as didnt see the point.
All my choice.

Again down to choice.
I renewed my ST knowing it was unlikely to attend a game anytime soon or if at all.
Did I join Mygers? No as it was an extra expense that i couldnt afford at the time for myself and daughter. Tbf Mygers was planned well before pandemic and if it easnt launched no doubt club would have been criticised for not having a membership scheme and missing a trick on an income stream.
Did i apply for refund? No as didnt see the point.
All my choice.

I gave examples of what I felt the club done wrong or even manipulated out of the renewal times. Of course it's all about choices, but there's more of an emotional attachment to these choices unless you make your peace that it's purely business and ignore the bullshit.

I would be 50/50.

Simply because of my personal situation, currently out of work so no source of income. If I could guarantee employment and income I 100% would renew.

I'm resigned to not going back this year at all.
I'd be surprised if we open next season and unfurl the flag with us all in attendance.

All these years waiting to get back to the top and win titles and we will be sat in the house watching. A wee tinge of sadness there. I want my boy in Ibrox beside me when we reclaim our throne.

Yes, I'll renew but I might put in for a virtual seat change to save a few Bob. It's the one think I'm not comfortable with. Paying different prices for different seats when in reality we ain't in them. Id like to have seen a standard price access the board given we ain't actually there. If we did get back, then fair enough, premium location prices follow.

Back