Would you self police in stands?

If you hear idiots singing the stuff which resulted in the partial closure at the Legia home game or Old Firm next week, would you say something? Or do you think most people would still let it go. Interested to see how this impacts on people’s reactions to what goes on around them.

Surely that's why we pay to have Police and Security working at the ground on match days.
Why should a supporter need to approach a fan who appears to be over stepping mark, with bad behaviour.?

Self policing is basically being a grass, it's like being back in the primary school playground when you always heard the "I'm telling on you" kids grassing up the other kids.

Yes we should stop singing the naughty songs but the permanently offended will always find something to be offended about, it's like living in a George Orwell movie being in the UK today.
If being a grass means my club doesnt get kicked out of europe and heavily fined, then call me a grass. Couldnt give a f**k tbh.

What do you do with that one family member who doesn’t care and constantly breaks the house rules to the point the whole family faces eviction from the house? - do you tell him he is no longer welcome in the house? or do you accept the consequences, say nothing and start packing your belongings in anticipation of being evicted through no fault of your own?
It's different, they're your own supporters, this is why we have stewards at games. Can't believe there's people wanting to grass their own fans up to the Police. If you did that then the entireity of Ibrox wouldn't be full. There's no angels in here and I highly doubt anyone on here hasn't shouted or sang something that is considered abusive or sectarian.

In answer to the question- aye I probably would. I wouldn't do it sanctmonously because I dont find singing TBB objectionable but UEFA do so I will shut my mouth in future and would encourage others to do the same. I wouldn't involve stewards but.

We win Sunday, there will be calls for us to have points deducted for singing. We lose Sunday, there will be virtual silence on the matter. A draw will invariably get the same reaction as a win.

Will supporters police the tramps? Will they report the anti British racist singing and sectarian songs they sing to us on Sunday?

Last edited:
You don't pay money to babysit other fans.

It's going to get groans but the way forward is better cctv or facial recognition or something of that ilk.

Self policing is basically being a grass, it's like being back in the primary school playground when you always heard the "I'm telling on you" kids grassing up the other kids.

Yes we should stop singing the naughty songs but the permanently offended will always find something to be offended about, it's like living in a George Orwell movie being in the UK today.
It's not just the UK mate,it's the whole of the western world.

Years ago I suggested to someone to maybe not smoke (I was a smoker at the time) and the big bastard looked like he wanted to punch me to death. So, maybe I'd think twice about pulling some nutjob up for singing shite.

Back