Would you self police in stands?

If someone is actively looking to cost the club a ground closure or explosion from Europe, why wouldn't you shop them? I care more about the club than some self entitled stranger.

If I catch you looking at me you're getting nutted.
RiXcFlo.gif

We need Bears as club ambassadors, like the ones that you see and go to when you need assistance outside Ibrox, the Blue Jackets. Every section and area should have at least one ambassador, encouraging and cajoling the support not to sing banned songs.

Have a look at post 108, what your answer to that?

For the record, I understand this is a total stitch up and we're the only club that is going to be scrutinised to this extent. It's not fair.

But at this moment, we need to listen to what the club are saying. Don't do it. It's only going to end one way for us if we do.

We can highlight our unequal treatment on the side.

Sad fact is, other clubs aren't under the spotlight, it's us. Never said it was fair or it was right.

To continue singing stuff because other clubs get to do it is only going to harm us, not them. So just don't do it? The board and gaffer have asked us to listen to them on this.

For the record, I understand this is a total stitch up and we're the only club that is going to be scrutinised to this extent. It's not fair.

But at this moment, we need to listen to what the club are saying. Don't do it. It's only going to end one way for us if we do.

We can highlight our unequal treatment on the side.

Sad fact is, other clubs aren't under the spotlight, it's us. Never said it was fair or it was right.

To continue singing stuff because other clubs get to do it is only going to harm us, not them. So just don't do it? The board and gaffer have asked us to listen to them on this.

mate, that's not what I asked you

If BF1 or any other part of the ground causes problems, the club will deal with it. They are a business first and foremost. They'll simply remove ST's from the problem section., even if it means refunding cash. Cheaper than playing behind closed doors or missing out on Euro nights.
If bf1 started it next week that will be the end if them imo I think people are underestimating how ruthless the club will be with this I could see them cancelling every season ticket in that area. Also every steward will be on the look out for people singing they'll go straight to the police about individuals and they'll be moved. I also wouldn't be surprised if the club plant plane clothes security in stands to monitor people. The club have gave out plenty warnings which have been ignored now I think they'll act

I think the Legia game might be okay, but I fear for what will happen at Old Firm. The world’s eyes will be on us and I just hope our fans use their heads. I’m not suggesting that people are aggressive and I wouldn’t resort to steward. But if the person next to me starts belting out TBB, I might ask if he knows this could result in him missing the next game all for the sake of an awful song

This isn't the time for whataboutery ffs.

You have won a point in the FF reply bingo !

The point I was making is that if all those that think that our supporters shouldn't be singing X or Y and that if we change this or that all this will go away..it wont.

They all should then be equally as disgusted when opposing fans are singing anti-British racist abuse and anti-Protestant sectarian abuse towards them in domestic games and should follow through and report them just like they are claiming they would report their own supporters.

Take videos of the abuse against them, demand police at games take action etc..Work together to show up the double standards instead of constantly accepting that we can't do this but all others can sing what they want.

I probably wouldn’t. I don’t really expect to pay money for a ticket to an event to be expected to be some sort of steward/security.

Reactions: VGM
mate, that's not what I asked you

You were asking I believe if I have reported bile from them in the past? Yes I have. But I don't think that's the immediate solution right now. I'd rather get our own house in order first, so they have zero ammo to use against us, then we will be in a stronger position to highlight the injustices

You were asking I believe if I have reported bile from them in the past? Yes I have. But I don't think that's the immediate solution right now. I'd rather get our own house in order first, so they have zero ammo to use against us, then we will be in a stronger position to highlight the injustices

I'm asking all those that are posting in countless posts that they will report fans singing this or that will they also from now on report all opposing fans that are singing anti-Protestant sectarian abuse towards them.

Will they get all the anti-Protestant abuse aimed at us from opposing fans out there on a social media platform? Will they report it on masse to MSP's, relevant anti-sectarian crusaders etc!

We could also sing ba ba black sheep and we would be accused of being racist towards sheep

I will do it without hesitation. One warning and then get the stewards involved. European nights bring out a lot of idiots.

Don't grass on anyone, especially your own kind. If someone wants to express their right to sign whatever they choose then who am I you anyone else to stop them.
If the song that is being sung causes trouble for the Club, then start booing to drown them out but never grass.

They don’t love the club more than they love a song.
If they sing it that much is clear.

How many other ways can it be put.
TBB is not acceptable. The club don’t want it sung. It’s just cost us around £100k
Soon it’s going to force us to close the stadium then it will be a ban. These aren’t guesses. This is what’ll happen.
Who that claims to love the club, would want to do that to the club? Because it’s the people singing these songs that are punishing the club.

Pay your money, sing whatever you want , the @unts on the other side don't seem to have much problems singing what they like,
Just role over and get our treats for being a good team, let the scrum do whatever they want without anyone noticing.
Got to do what we're told or our team is doomed.
Been there , beat it, f@ck them, team will still be hear in another 150 years songs warts and all.

We should all self police: it often seems like a dick measuring competition about who is the most staunch, the biggest fan, the most blue. But FACT: Rangers is more important than any or all us. Current behaviour of some supporters is putting at risk the very recovery of my club. Nobody is stauncher than me, but singing about stuff that'll kill my club is so feckn stupid I find it hard to put it into words. I say to all the support: The future of the club is more important than any or all of us. Let's fight the haters, but not at the cost of losing what we love the best.
Rant not even started yet!

At the Progress game I had to point out to the knob next to me he couldn't sing what he wanted. I won't go into details but I pointed out he would be removed by a steward and his details would be passed onto the club. This was 30 minutes before the game started. European nights seem to bring out some real idiots.

Absolutely not. I’m not a steward or a policeman. One of my mates yes. Some of the guys round me - no thanks.

The scum game on the 1st is going to be impossible for us. We will not be able to help ourselves.

Most people don’t want conflict in their lives and getting through to pished up bears, high on doing over the scum will be impossible.

I really do fear the worst. If enough bears back people up who challenge the offenders then it’ll work. Safety in numbers etc.

Pay your money, sing whatever you want , the @unts on the other side don't seem to have much problems singing what they like,
Just role over and get our treats for being a good team, let the scrum do whatever they want without anyone noticing.
Been there , beat it, f@ck them, team will still be hear in another 150 years songs warts and all.
Enjoy your ban when it comes about.
The clubs better off without you if that’s your mindset

So how do the normal fans who are at the game to support their team and watch a game of football deal with the section of our support who will NEVER change their song sheet no matter what punishment the club is given? They will never come out of the dark ages and evolve into a mature adults, so what do we do about them?

God help us if there's many more with your attitude.

To those saying they would "self-police" and report their own supporters, I have a question for you.

Will you also then report opposing fans in domestic games that are singing anti-Protestant sectarian bile to you? Will you get up and go to the nearest steward and demand they get you a copper and ask said copper to then do something about the sectarian abuse being aimed at YOU!

Will, you also get your mobile phones out and get evidence of opposing fans singing anti British racist abuse ( pro-IRA) songs and sectarian anti Protestant bile and get on social media and put what you have seen out there and sent it to MSP's those charities that claim to be anti-sectarian crusaders and demand action is taken against those singing sectarian abuse towards us?

Here is a straight answer for you -

No i fucking wont. Because they wont get us our stadium closed by signing stuff at us. We need to clean up our own act first, and yes its shit, but its what it is.

And to the people saying its shitebag behaviour "grassing" on our own fans - the idiots that don't understand what continuing to sing the songs and shout the stuff we aren't allowed means aren't fans as far as i am concerned.

Fans shouldn’t be left to sort this out themselves.

The club needs to take ownership of the problem and provide guidelines for reporting sectarian chants or singing.

If those still indulging in this behaviour know the severest sanctions will befall them by doing so - season ticket revoked, permanent ban, etc - I think it’ll stop quite quickly.

Will I discourage people from singing TBB, using the word 19th Century Terrorist or the phrase FTP? Absolutely.

But I’ll have absolutely no ability or authority to enforce it. Nor, frankly, should I. I’m not fighting with fellow fans in the stands.

But we need, as a whole, to make these things “socially unacceptable” at Rangers games. That’s not self-policing per se. But it will be a damn sight more unifying and effective.

I think it would be stupid to try self policing. Will just end up bear on bear and i honestly don't ever want to see that. This has to come from the club a short effective statement to say whats acceptable and whats not acceptable. So to answer your question no i won't be pulling anyone up. As its a situation i don't want to find myself in.

It’s not a case of self policing the fans, it’s the fans now that need to stand up and be counted and start putting the club first there is a time and a place for certain songs but not at football matches.
I hope today is the start of it.

Here is a straight answer for you -

No i fucking wont. Because they wont get us our stadium closed by signing stuff at us. We need to clean up our own act first, and yes its shit, but its what it is.

And to the people saying its shitebag behaviour "grassing" on our own fans - the idiots that don't understand what continuing to sing the songs and shout the stuff we aren't allowed aren't fans as far as i am concerned.

So, you'd be happy to sit there whilst the tramps are singing screaming that you are an Orange bastard and hun next weekend and do nothing about it..

WE ARE IN A PR WAR.

Whilst many on here have been crying out, " thats whataboutery" don't talk nonsense, it's trying to even the score and trying to tarnish their brand just like they have been busy away for years tarnishing ours.

I'm amazed that folk actually think, if we don't sing this or that, this will all just go away because this isn't about us singing songs, it's about who we are as a club and who we are believed to represent.

WE ALL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER and to all collectively get all evidence against them and always get it out on social media and report them at games we play against them to the police.

The laws are meant to apply to us all and as a collective strong voice we can try and do something to redress the balance

You don't grass on your own people

Not even if it’s getting the club in trouble?

Why would supporters who pay their hard earned money want to do that?

Just to appear defiant, or because they will not be told what they can or can’t sing?

With so much at stake this season the sectarian divide is as wide as it has been for a long long time, our club appear to be the target, we should take heed before it really hurts our club.

Just when the gap has been closed, if we continue with these songs and get thrown out of Europe, it is a real possibility that we are many years away again from catching that lot.

For anyone thinking about singing this evening song the question worth considering is, do you want to behave and support the club in the way you have been asked and see us return to our rightful place as the No.1 team in Scotland or do you want to remain and play 2nd fiddle to that lot, so you can sing a few songs that really have no place inside a football ground?

So, you'd be happy to sit there whilst the tramps are singing screaming that you are an Orange bastard and hun next weekend and do nothing about it..

WE ARE IN A PR WAR.

Whilst many on here have been crying out, " thats whataboutery" don't talk nonsense, it's trying to even the score and trying to tarnish their brand just like they have been busy away for years tarnishing ours.

I'm amazed that folk actually think, if we don't sing this or that, this will all just go away because this isn't about us singing songs, it's about who we are as a club and who we are believed to represent.

WE ALL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER and to all collectively get all evidence against them and always get it out on social media and report them at games we play against them to the police.

The laws are meant to apply to us all and as a collective strong voice we can try and do something to redress the balance

literally coudn't care right now what they sing - it doesn't matter until we stop singing/chanting what we can't, the spotlight is on us and its not going away till we clean up our act.

its not hard drop the FTPs and the shite about catholics and the IRA.

Why?
The club is clear on this.
They’re harming the club and fellow fans with their selfish behaviour.
If they don’t heed the warning now then they don’t give a %^*& about the club.
They deserve to be banned
The club doesn’t want or need them.

They don’t love the club more than they love a song.
If they sing it that much is clear.

How many other ways can it be put.
TBB is not acceptable. The club don’t want it sung. It’s just cost us around £100k
Soon it’s going to force us to close the stadium then it will be a ban. These aren’t guesses. This is what’ll happen.
Who that claims to love the club, would want to do that to the club? Because it’s the people singing these songs that are punishing the club.

Your posts hit the nail on the head! The fact we are debating/worrying these same songs are going to be sung after the club has asked us not to and after being punished, and also knowing punishment is going to be more severe if we continue, well to me is mind boggling.

And for the poster who says that only those going to the game can have an opinion on the matter, what a load of drivel.

There are many reasons why some people are unable to attend games, financial, work commitments, living abroad to name a few.

Does that make us care about the club less or not entitled to voice our concern about the damage that our clubs reputation has had this week?

Back