Would you start McCrorie and Wilson against Aberdeen if we win our next two games?

The Great One

Just wondering if we agree on this or bring Alves back into the side over the next two games?

I'd probably bring Alves back in at the weekend

Wilson has played really well the last 2 games & I can see why Murty kept him in against Partick but with Aberdeen coming up I would be putting Alves back in along side McCrorie on Saturday leading up to those 2 Aberdeen games.

Alves back in for Wilson asap.

We've seen Wilson string a few decent performances together in the past, but the next big mistake is always just around the corner.

The mentally challengeds must love playing against him.

I'd stick with the team that's one the last two matches, when they drop points then Alves and Cardozo can come back in for mcrorie and/or Wilson. Maybe a wee spell out will sharpen alves up, needs to do more for me !

Be interesting to see if alves gets the nod this weekend

He is by far a better defender than Wilson

No, although Murty may! Was quite surprised we played Wilson when Alves was fit. We should be starting our strongest 11, Wilson isn’t in that.

Alves hasn’t done enough to be guarantee walking back in. He shouldn’t get a first pick based on reputation.

He’s not been bad, far from it. But what’s the point in a squad of players if they get a chance, perform well, and still get dropped. Not for me.

<I reserve the right to change my mind if Wilson is kept in and messes up > :D

Wilson and McCrorie have played well and neither deserves dropped.

Wilson played in most of our better defensive games last season IIRC

Wilson has let us down in at least half a dozen big games over the past couple of seasons

Wilson and McCrorie have played well and neither deserves dropped.

Wilson played in most of our better defensive games last season IIRC

He was absolutely abysmal against the mentally challengeds twice at Ibrox last year Shug.

If Murty wants the job, decisions like leaving Alves out are ones he will take.

He will want to demonstrate he can make important calls.

He'll also want to prove the big calls he makes are the right ones mate.

Not sure playing Wilson ahead of Alves is the right call.

Alves back in for Wilson asap.

We've seen Wilson string a few decent performances together in the past, but the next big mistake is always just around the corner.

The mentally challengeds must love playing against him.
Exactly,he has a run of some decent games against lesser teams then folds like a pack of cards when put under any sort of sustainable pressure.Alves must be back in beside young McCrorie.
I wouldn't bother keeping Wilson beyond his contract end next summer,if McCrorie and Aiden Wilson start to mature together I actually wouldn't bother signing another CH should the other four stay when you include Alves and Cardoso tbh.

I would like to see Bruno + Ross.
G.M. might not want to change the team tho + I understand that but with the Sheep double header fast approaching I would certainly want Bruno back in the team.
Big big Call for G.M for Saturday and even Bigger decision to make for next Friday.
If still in the Hot-seat.

Be interesting to see if alves gets the nod this weekend

He is by far a better defender than Wilson

Are you saying this based on performances this season? Bruno hasn't lived up to his reputation thus far and Wilson has put in a couple of fine performances in the past 2 games so I'm not convinced there is a massive difference between the pair.

If he wants the job then playing the best team available is a key component to proving himself.

I think Alves was left out against Partick as much to rest his calf and would expect him to be straight back in the team for Saturday.

I think McCrorie will also keep his place, so Wilson will drop out.

Are you saying this based on performances this season? Bruno hasn't lived up to his reputation thus far and Wilson has put in a couple of fine performances in the past 2 games so I'm not convinced there is a massive difference between the pair.

Go watch some games from last season. You need a doctor if you think there isn't a massive difference between Alves and Wilson.

I'd stick with the team that's one the last two matches, when they drop points then Alves and Cardozo can come back in for mcrorie and/or Wilson. Maybe a wee spell out will sharpen alves up, needs to do more for me !
The object of the exercise is not to drop points
Alves in for Wilson is a no brainer

The difference between the two is immeasurable mate.

Danny Wilson has done everything asked of him in the last 2 games, but he consistently lets us down in big games, particularly against the mentally challengeds.

Alves has definitely had a couple of shaky performances, but he's also won at least 2 MOTM awards and you just know he'll thrive and excel in the big games against the sheep and them.

Just as he's done for Portugal on countless occasions.

I'd keep both of them in. Neither Alves or Cardoso deserve to just come right back in. However I can see Alves being put back in - McCrorie needs to be kept in the starting 11 though.

While we're on the subject of Centre Halves at the club,we give ourselves a hard time for not showing enough patience a lot of the time with players.Moreso younger ones imo.
When young McCrorie has had a few shaky moments I've rarely heard a peep against him where I've been whether that's in the boozer or at games,and long may it continue.We need to blood some youth to progress,one of the positives of having Murty at the helm is he's more aware of where they're at in their progression towards making the leap to first team.

The defence has only lost one goal in the last 2 games and that was to a wonder free kick. Wilson and McCrorie are the current central defenders and don't deserve to be dropped. If we continue to win they should keep the jerseys. Alves has flattered to deceive so far.

Wilson is an error waiting to happen. I’ve seen more poor defending from him than good and I’ll never forget his pathetic performances against the bheggars every time he featured last season.

Alves back in for him hopefully.

Cardosa was highly rated when we signed him but he has not really shown anything so far, hopefully under a new manager we will see a big improvement from him.

Alves is our best defender and a leader. The other place is very much up for grabs, McCrorie has done really well but I don’t see him starting every game.

Back