Would you start McCrorie and Wilson against Aberdeen if we win our next two games?

Neither Wilson or McCrorie deserve dropped.

Wilson has been excellent against Hearts and Partick. Not far short of man of the match for me.

Alves has been nothing special so far. Alves should sit out until one of them gets injured or starts playing badly.

Will be a disgrace if young McCrorie gets dropped

I can just see Murty giving him a rest since he's been away with the Scotland 20's lately, while the first team players who've been playing regularly had a few days off immediately after the Partick game.

I would start with our best defenders. Alves is definitely in the top 2 so he would need to play if fit. McCrorie has done very well but is naturally inexperienced at top Scottish level, which is where inexperience tends to show. Wilson has been disappointing most of the time since he returned and I don't see why that would suddenly change. Between McCrorie and Wilson I'd choose McCrorie on the basis that his game is on the rise and inexperience doesn't ultimately mean failure. Inability does and Wilson has had plenty of time to become what I thought he might be first time around. Cardoso has shown promise in spells but can be bullied. If fit Cardoso would just shade McCrorie for me because he has more experience, has done well most of the time and has played more with Alves. I'd also like us to bed in McCrorie gradually when he is ready and keep his confidence high. If and I hope this is not the case, we were to take 2 defeats against aberdeen that could set McCrorie back months. There is no clear pairing though and I would completely understand if McCrorie gets the nod. Hears hoping we won't need to be doing much defending.

Alves hasn’t done enough to be guarantee walking back in. He shouldn’t get a first pick based on reputation.

He’s not been bad, far from it. But what’s the point in a squad of players if they get a chance, perform well, and still get dropped. Not for me.

<I reserve the right to change my mind if Wilson is kept in and messes up > :D

Wise words again from PS, could not have said it any better myself.

I would play McCrory with Alves. Wilson has had a few good games but is inconsistent and if we continue to drop Alves he is sure to become unsettled.

We must put out the best available players and Wilson should not be picked ahead of Alves .. ever

It's frightening that there are so many on here of the opinion that he should be - Wilson has somehow wiped out a couple of seasons of absolute dung with a couple of decent games against 2 poor teams.

Wilson has played really well the last 2 games & I can see why Murty kept him in against Partick but with Aberdeen coming up I would be putting Alves back in along side McCrorie on Saturday leading up to those 2 Aberdeen games.
You’re effectively telling him that you don’t and, more importantly, can’t, trust him!
He’s doing all that’s asked of him but you’re telling him it’s not enough?

I would play McCrory with Alves. Wilson has had a few good games but is inconsistent and if we continue to drop Alves he is sure to become unsettled.
Alves can get as unsettled as he wants.

He has a two year contract (unless I’m wrong) and has a final chance to play at a WC to play for. And he’s a pro.

What memory do you have of how good Alves has been?

Come on Tazza, you're normally better than this.

Would you have been comfortable defending the mass of corners we did at Perth with Wilson in place of Alves?

I'm sure you remember how easily Dembele lost him twice for set pieces and scored both.

He cannot be trusted when the chips are down mate.

Part of being a manager is making the right decisions at the right time. McCrorrie and Wilson have looked solid enough, although Wilson’s mistake at Murrayfield at 1-0 could have killed the game in their favour.

Alves and McCrorrie are our best centre backs and should be in the team if fit and available.

Come on Tazza, you're normally better than this.

Would you have been comfortable defending the mass of corners we did at Perth with Wilson in place of Alves?

I'm sure you remember how easily Dembele lost him twice for set pieces and scored both.

He cannot be trusted when the chips are down mate.

Yes, all very true, bud.
(Especially the bit where you think I’m good)
Of course, Alves is a better player.
I just see it both ways.
I don’t think Alves has been the super defender he should be and I always think the door should not be closed on somebody who is doing what’s being asked of him.

If they play and perform then of course I would. Alves missed out because of his own stupidity, especially for someone with the experience he has. Wilson and McCrorie have hardly put a toe wrong since they were paired together.

Yes, all very true, bud.
(Especially the bit where you think I’m good)
Of course, Alves is a better player.
I just see it both ways.
I don’t think Alves has been the super defender he should be and I always think the door should not be closed on somebody who is doing what’s being asked of him.

Never said you were good mate, just normally better lol.

I take your point but can I ask you, if you were in Murry's position and trying to be appointed as our new manager, who would you trust on Saturday?

Alves or Wilson?

Easy solved with a back three. It's just numbers. Big Ross could play a Busquets position in front of the other two.

I was thinking thinking the same and was going to ask if Murty has played 3 at the back with the youths previously.

The team have been playing well, but I think we need to be flexible with our formation and there appears to be the right players to play with 3 at the back.

What memory do you have of how good Alves has been?

I'm not saying Alves has been world class, he obviously hasn't yet been what we expected, but he's been decent – remove the name and we'd be happy kind of decent. There's a reason we're no longer 100% shîtting our troosers at every corner conceded.

But even if you consider what we've had from Alves as sub-par so far, it's been streets ahead of the warm, wattery sh!te delivered on a platter by Wilson and Keirnan last season.

Fair play to Wilson, he's had a decent couple of games against teams that average less than a goal a game – but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that to convince me he's a player.

Alves hasn’t done enough to be guarantee walking back in. He shouldn’t get a first pick based on reputation.

He’s not been bad, far from it. But what’s the point in a squad of players if they get a chance, perform well, and still get dropped. Not for me.

<I reserve the right to change my mind if Wilson is kept in and messes up > :D

I would also take into consideration Bruno's mentality now that Pedro has gone. Is his heart still in it for us? If he is still 100% up for it then I'd go with him but maybe Wilson and McCrorie are getting the game time as there could be a bid for Alves from Pedro's new club.

W.A.T.P.

Alves should be back in rather than waiting for Wilson to let us down before dropping him, weve seen it too many times.
Agreed. Albee has yet to really impress but he is our most experienced defender and should start. He will be a positive influence on the younger players around Home

Just wondering if we agree on this or bring Alves back into the side over the next two games

I would stick with a winning combination. They've played well together in the last 2 games, just 1 goal conceded and that was from an excellent free kick. If it isn't broke, there's no need to fix it.

Back