Would you start Miller on Sat?

I would leave him out, but let's face it, he will play. Rested during the week, and not having our captain Wallace, Pedro will play him for sure

What are the options...

Hodson LB, John LW - Hodson is a big no for me. He's brutal.

Hodson RB, Tavernier RM, Candeias LW - see above RE: Hodson.

Windass LW - should be nowhere near the starting line up.

Dorrans left side - rather have him centrally.

Dalcio or Nemane - not a chance. That's not dissing their ability.

Pena LW - not for me, get him in behind Morelos.

Miller - there are no other options, unless we play Morelos left side and Herrera up top.

Not keen on Miller playing wide left or in behind the striker but not many other options

Jack Dorrans
Candeias Pena Miller
Morelos

He has been in awful form, let's be honest. But he does have a habit of scoring against them.

I have been his biggest critic of late but i do think something happens in games against them for him. I would give him 45 mins and see if it happens for him.
Eh no.

I would have him on the bench. He is too indisciplined these days with regard to positioning and often leaves us a man down. Mind you he is more than capable of nicking a goal against that mob.

What are the options...

Hodson LB, John LW - Hodson is a big no for me. He's brutal.

Hodson RB, Tavernier RM, Candeias LW - see above RE: Hodson.

Windass LW - should be nowhere near the starting line up.

Dorrans left side - rather have him centrally.

Dalcio or Nemane - not a chance. That's not dissing their ability.

Pena LW - not for me, get him in behind Morelos.

Miller - there are no other options, unless we play Morelos left side and Herrera up top.

Not keen on Miller playing wide left or in behind the striker but not many other options

Jack Dorrans
Candeias Pena Miller
Morelos
My thoughts too_Only Holt for Pena.Holt knows what it's all about.

I don't think I would, but there is no doubting that he understands what winning this game is about. He wouldn't let us down if he did start.

I would prefer to have Kenny come into the game for the last 15or 20 minutes as an impact sub.

No. He simply isn't sharp enough to start for us now, especially not in games of this magnitude.

He's been a fantastic servant to us and will continue to be for the rest of the season, but there's no room for sentiment when you're playing to win, and we need to look to the future. Kenny Miller is not the future.

Form doesn't merit a start and I would rather we played 5 in midfield against the rhats. May even be inclined to play jack, Dorrans and holt in the centre. Holt in there for his work rate and ball retention.

Agree with those saying it's not a game for Windass. And we'll need KM's experience, despite his form. Pena for KM >60mins?

Hmmm......conundrum time

I think we need a 4-5-1....El Buffalo needs to lead the line but Kenny has that knack of scoring against them

Stick him in the midfield with a view of running his bollocks off till he drops...replaced with fresh legs - unsure of who I would drop to cater for him......

Pedro - this is what you get paid for - just do it....and beat those Bastards.

Same team for me with Jason Holt in for Pena and Dorrans playing further forward in his natural position with Holt sitting with Jack.

Not for me, rather have pena for 70 mins and miller on for 20 instead of the other way around

No, given the way he has started the season he wouldn't even be my first substitute striker.

Use him as a sub only. Yes he's scored against them in the past but his current form is rank. Pena in behind Morelos.

We'll need to use Windass on the left but have Nemane ready to sub him if he continues his recent poor form. DJ to replace Wallace at LB.

The bigger conundrum is whether to play McCrorie instead of Cardoso (assuming Alves is fit to play)

What's the point of playing Miller up front with Morelos when he will end up getting in the road of the midfielders or trying to help in defence.

I'd rather he didn't but it's obvious that he will. Left side of midfield is a huge problem for us on sat. Will Miller play there or will he be supporting Morelos?

Would be tempted to play him ahead of Windass but that just highlights how badly we need to strengthen on the left side

Use him as a sub only. Yes he's scored against them in the past but his current form is rank. Pena in behind Morelos.

We'll need to use Windass on the left but have Nemane ready to sub him if he continues his recent poor form. DJ to replace Wallace at LB.

The bigger conundrum is whether to play McCrorie instead of Cardoso (assuming Alves is fit to play)

Nemane? That would be wild. Kid has played about 20 minutes of first team football in his career.

In a word, No. Id keep him on the bench and bring him on later, he's got the legs for 15-20 minutes of constant running late on during the game if they are tiring.

Absolutely not , we should start 4-5-1 with no sign of Miller if all fit I would go ...

Wes

Tav
Alves
Cardoso
John

Jack

Candeias
Dorrans
Pena
Windass

Morelos

If we play 4-4-2 with Miller up top I can’t see us getting a result.

On recent performances I'd say no but Kenny's got bags of old firm experiance and a goal in him.

I’d have him on the bench and give him the warm down after the match. Can’t even pass to a blue shirt of late. Give the new guys a go.

If we're drawing 0-0 with 15 mins to go i'd bring him on, fresh legs and he's good for a goal against the forces of Evil, other than that he should be no where near the game.

He was given the week off so Pedro must be starting him. I don't think his form justifies it, but I'm guessing he will be going with experience and Miller to have the armband.

I was almost all for him starting, thought we would need him to keep the team calm and communicate through the game.

However it has just struck me. One day we are going to have to learn to score in OFs without him.

Just posted in another thread that I think Miller for Pena will be the only change - subject to injuries. I can live with that - for this game. Pena and Windass in midfield leaves us defensively weak and Miller will help in that respect playing behind Morelos.

Ideally I’d have liked Jack and Rossiter deep with Dorrans in front in the No. 10 role for this particular match. Injury, once again, has denied us that option.

Pena, who I think will turn out a good one, would be over-run this weekend. He definitely isn't ready.

What makes you think Miller is ready? He's struggled to play simple 5 yard passes this season and breaks down play more often than not.

I like Miller and he's been a great servant to the club - but in his 'prime', he was known for doing a lot of running and not for being technically gifted. Now his legs have gone and he's actually technically worse than he was before. I just don't see what he offers.

In saying that - I'll cheer more than anyone if he delivers the goods on Saturday!

No, but I believe Pedro will. And to echo a couple of replies in the thread, I think Miller would be a more than useful (late on) sub in a game of this nature.

He must be a substitute and after Morelos has run the legs off the mentally challenged rearguard and bagged a brace , bring him off to a standing ovation on 76 minutes and bring on Kenny to run at them some more.

He is not a winger playing him wide left would be utterly farcical .

Back