Would you take the Scottish Cup?

Would you take 2nd and the Scottish cup ?

• Yes

Votes: 140 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 26.3%

• Total voters

Axelrod

We all want 55 and my belief is there that it will come next season , if not then definitely the following one . I’ve always felt this year would be perhaps too soon and it’s panning out that way ( although we keep at it while there’s still plenty of points to be won ) .

As a club we haven’t had a major trophy in seven long years . I felt the league cup would be ours but it wasn’t to be.

Realistically we now have the Scottish cup left . I for one would accept coming second in the league if it means winning the Scottish cup and stopping the Yahoos treble in the process .

Surely after our run in Europe , by coming second and winning the Scottish that would go down as a great first season for Gerrard ?

My poll question is , do you agree ? Would you accept second place in the league if it meant the Scottish cup this season . Personally if we only beat those Yahoos once this season id want it in the cup where it damages them the most .

I understand the whole '2nd is nothing at Rangers' and I agree, however I just don't see us winning it this season so it's a yes from me.

Win the Scottish Cup this season, give the players a taste of winning a proper trophy then bounce into next season ful of confidence.

best we can expect this year and yes i would in a heartbeat, next year the league is ours

I want the league, however I’ll take the cup as it will help bread a winners mentality.

Also I want us to be right close to them. Preferably at least no more than 6 points behind.

This season was about winning a trophy

League Cup, Scottish Cup or even both are/were our best of that so yes Scottish Cup is acceptable

League should always be priority

I understand what the OP is trying to say however :

We are less than half way through the season ( 16 of 38 ) so, whilst many may be feeling a little less than optimistic at this stage, perhaps a poll may be more interesting after the close of the January window by which time we will also have the benefit of an interesting three or four weeks more results

Although, I have to say I am probably within that category, I will wait till then before coming to any conclusion / prediction !

I find it hard to believe that anyone honestly, deep down, thinks we are going to win the league, based on what we have seen so far.

So yes, I would take the Scottish cup and second place if offered it now.

Much as I want us to, I cannot see us winning the league this season, even if you could guarantee everyone was miraculously fit and no one had to serve a suspension over the remainder of the season.

The team is too reliant on Greegs and Buffalo.

Others are making decent contributions - Tav, Arfield, Kent and Goldson.

However, too many aren't hitting the mark either at all or too infrequently

I only enjoy Scottish Cup finals if we have already won the league.

Going to Hampden when the scum have won the title seems a bit hollow to me.

Sure it’s a day out, but I find it difficult to get excited about when you know you’re not the best team in the country and that you won’t have a shot at the CL the following season.

I really don't understand the mentality of giving up on the league.

They are not that far ahead, the January window is still to come and they have lost games already. They will lose more.

There's everything to play for.

We all want to win the league, of course we do but to win the Scottish cup would be absolutely brilliant

Stop the treble treble for a start.

And yet we had the usual loonies preferring the yahoos to win their League cup semi final so we could beat them in the final !!!

How did that work out, ya wallopers.

Get them out of everything asap !

I blame the schools.

The league is unrealistic with the current group of players, we keep fucking it up and Celtic keep pulling away but the Scottish Cup realistically is one we could win. The League Cup was one we could have realistically won but we fucked that up as well. Need to turn up for the big games and pressure games and not just the one offs away from Ibrox.

So yes, 2nd place and the Scottish Cup coming back to Ibrox is something I'd bite your hand off for right now.

Want both.

If we get our act together and recruit wisely in the transfer window we can do it.

If we can’t win the league then the cup is a must. We badly need to get back winning trophies again.

We’ve gone from top a few weeks back to settling for the cup. Win our next two games and we’ll all have the bunting out again

The best thing that could happen to SG is to deliver a trophy as it would be massive for a large % of the support.

Unless they collapse we ain't winning the league-if they are focused during their cup games we ain't winning that either.

2 points off the top, with the opportunity to strengthen in the January window, and people are giving up on the league already,

not for me, I'll wait and see how the next few weeks go

2nd was always my target this year for Gerrard. As long as he kept on the coat tails of the mentally challengeds and wasn't blown away by 12+ points like seasons gone by I would see it as progress. We finished 3rd last season 12 or 13 points behind them kunts so it was a bit unrealistic to expect us to spend 7 or 8 million and win the league.

Realistically he was always going to need 2 summer transfer windows to get the squad to a standard that was going to put in a serious challenge.

So I would accept 2nd with a Scottish Cup win, absolutely.

We spend more money on transfers and wages than everyone in Scotland bar them. That means that we're entitled to expect 2nd. There are a few examples of teams outfighting teams that outspend them but generally, the team that spends the most wins. Celtic are currently ahead in terms of wages and transfer fees paid but we should be ahead of everyone else as a minimum. For that reason, I'm happy if we finish second whether we win a cup or not. Emotionally, I'd be annoyed at them winning 9/9 trophies and in any other season (or situation) I'd say finishing 2nd is enough. This season I really want us (or anyone else) to beat them to it.

The league certainly isn't beyond us this season although we would need far more consistency that we've shown already.
I've not given up on the league in any way shape or form but if we ended up finishing second and winning the Scottish Cup, I'd be a happy Bear!

I find it hard to believe that anyone honestly, deep down, thinks we are going to win the league, based on what we have seen so far.

So yes, I would take the Scottish cup and second place if offered it now.
I find it hard to believe that 2 points off top we are giving up on it.
Absolute madness.

I find it hard to believe that 2 points off top we are giving up on it.
Absolute madness.
Nobody is giving up anything. Unless a magic genie comes out a bottle and offers us the Scottish cup if we give up the league then it's a hypothetical question.

Given our form though I would say it's highly unlikely we are going to win the league, that's all.

Nobody is giving up anything. Unless a magic genie comes out a bottle and offers us the Scottish cup if we give up the league then it's a hypothetical question.

Given our form though I would say it's highly unlikely we are going to win the league, that's all.

Are we reading 2 different threads?

Are we reading 2 different threads?

No, he’s right.

I’m asking simply would you be happy right now to end the season as second in the league but win the Scottish cup and end their treble bid . Go again next season for the league .

I would, if you wouldn’t , vote no.

Simple .

No, he’s right.

I’m asking simply would you be happy right now to end the season as second in the league but win the Scottish cup and end their treble bid . Go again next season for the league .

I would, if you wouldn’t , vote no.

Simple .

I'm not going to get into an argument, but I think you'll find I'm right, You have just said you'd give up the league now for 2nd and the Scottish cup, there are numerous posts quoting from "Zero chance" to "little chance" of winning the league. So yes, there are many "giving up on it".

And with all due respect, you can all ram the Scottish cup up yer hoop (no pun intended), I want the league and still feel we can win it. :cool:

No offence fellow bear! ;)
I vote no, simply because there was no option for "to fuck with that for a game of subbuteo!"

We need to win a trophy soon. I doubt the current team has the mentality to win the League this season - a Cup win would help the squad immeasurably. As would a win over Celtic. The 29th is huge.

I voted No. Of course all of us want a major trophy, but for me the league must come soon. It's not over for us this season, but it is slipping away.
I am worried about this recent dip in form and hope to buggery we can get it back. If we do from Sunday we can keep the pressure on the tims.
I'd hate for them to win 8 in a row. I'd hate it even more of they got 9 and 10 is just unthinkable.

A scottish cup win to stop a treble treble may be the catalyst to do 55 next season.
But i want 55 this season but a Scottish cup win would be good.

75%
25%

Sums up why I don't post on here very often. The cowardice is cringeworthy and tiresome to read.

Score prediction threads of users constantly projecting their insecurity on everyone else "If I say it here it means I already knew it and it softens the blow - anything else is a bonus."

Poll shows it's not a loud minority.

Back