Writing off players , don’t be too hasty !

Boabmeister

There’s a long list of Rangers players that have been written off , and I mean written off , no way back .

I can provide examples , in fact we could probably list a starting 11 that would walk all over this league or any league from any era .

My point ? Don’t be too quick to add to the list , we’re top heavy with project players the odd one probably not good enough , but most have shown that they have something about them , something worth persevering with .

Our European performances surely leave us with some hope that the whole project is worth sticking with ?

There’s a long list of Rangers players that have been written off , and I mean written off , no way back .

I can provide examples , in fact we could probably list a starting 11 that would walk all over this league or any league from any era .

My point ? Don’t be too quick to add to the list , we’re top heavy with project players the odd one probably not good enough , but most have shown that they have something about them , something worth persevering with .

Our European performances surely leave us with some hope that the whole project is worth sticking with ?
The big question mate, how long do we persevere with them?
There is talent in this squad but im at a loss to figure out how we go from playing some really good football before the break and nowadays we look as if we've forgotten the basics.

We signed a good few players who didn't improve us, and will never be first choice players. I really thought we'd go about improving the squad with our additions; I remember all too clearly it being said by some that our pre-contract signings were being made early but we would then be making impact signings later in the summer; this never really happened. We are not really that much better than last season, and in certain positions might be even worse.

The big question mate, how long do we persevere with them?
There is talent in this squad but im at a loss to figure out how we go from playing some really good football before the break and nowadays we look as if we've forgotten the basics.
IMO we have to stick by this current project mate , the fact we’ve done so well in Europe and have beaten septic 3 times & played them off the park 2 other times is deserving of our continued support .

We need a few battler/soldier type players in the squad that we can turn to when that’s what’s needed , for example Docherty McRorie , those 2 on the bench today instead of barker ojo .

It’s been the 6 weeks from hell but we’ve Wednesday to come & the Scottish cup I’d take winning that & a few more European games as a half decent step in the right direction.

IMO we have to stick by this current project mate , the fact we’ve done so well in Europe and have beaten septic 3 times & played them off the park 2 other times is deserving of our continued support .

We need a few battler/soldier type players in the squad that we can turn to when that’s what’s needed , for example Docherty McRorie , those 2 on the bench today instead of barker ojo .

It’s been the 6 weeks from hell but we’ve Wednesday to come & the Scottish cup I’d take winning that & a few more European games as a half decent step in the right direction.
I do mostly agree but draw the line at having players like Mcrorie, Halliday, Ojo & Barker anywhere near the first team.
We can't keep changing the manager but maybe his backroom staff arent as wonderful as SG thinks they are. SG is a figurehead but he's not someone I'd trust to do the job needed on his own

I do mostly agree but draw the line at having players like Mcrorie, Halliday, Ojo & Barker anywhere near the first team.
We can't keep changing the manager but maybe his backroom staff arent as wonderful as SG thinks they are. SG is a figurehead but he's not someone I'd trust to do the job needed on his own
It’s a leap of faith until it works I suppose mate .

Ojo maybe good enough maybe not , but either way he’s not our player . I’d be wary of taking a loan player unless they emphatically improve the starting 11.

It’s a leap of faith until it works I suppose mate .

Ojo maybe good enough maybe not , but either way he’s not our player . I’d be wary of taking a loan player unless they emphatically improve the starting 11.

I know he scored against Feyenoord but Ojo has been pretty useless. Possibly the worst signing of the summer? Never going to make it at Liverpool on his current showing.

I know he scored against Feyenoord but Ojo has been pretty useless. Possibly the worst signing of the summer? Never going to make it at Liverpool on his current showing.
I can’t disagree with you mate , given that I started this thread & the thread title , I didn’t want to write anyone off in the thread .

Our manager has today pretty much written off a young centre half. Is this aimed at him?
thought that myself mate, katic had a howler and he was not alone but not the first time he has been called out from the manager and his confidence is zero which is a shame coz there is a really decent centre half there who is raw but has great potential, as always the blue shirt is a heavy one to wear

im not sure about that, i will raise you barker and put all my chips on him and see you
totally bizarre signing

Our players (most of them) have the ability to win the league

The manager however..
I'm not sure i agree with that. We have dropped points this season from the following positions in games:

Aberdeen 2 up - draw
Kilmarnock 1 up - defeat
Hearts 1 up - defeat
St Johnstone 1 up - draw

That's not the manager - that is a lack of quality to manage a game, to be clinical and take chances to make it impossible to come back and to do the basics. We lost an equaliser today and looked really shaky at the back because there was zero composure.

Docherty and McCrorie have had their chances and didn’t take them. They need to improve their passing significantly if they want another chance.

Barker and Ojo are the popular soft targets on here, the fact they are getting mentioned after a draw neither of them were involved in highlights that. The thing is both them can follow instructions and a game plan, for them it’s not so much as what they do in possession it’s how their pace worries defenders and forces teams to sit deeper and creates more space.

Docherty and McCrorie have had their chances and didn’t take them. They need to improve their passing significantly if they want another chance.

Barker and Ojo are the popular soft targets on here, the fact they are getting mentioned after a draw neither of them were involved in highlights that. The thing is both them can follow instructions and a game plan, for them it’s not so much as what they do in possession it’s how their pace worries defenders and forces teams to sit deeper and creates more space.
I’m inclined to disagree mate , doc & mcrorie might never be good enough but if they had the chances ojo particularly has had we’d have a clearer idea .
The fact Docherty has made an immediate impact for hibs is telling , that & the fact he’s a different type to what we have available makes me think his lack of at least , bench time has been an error on the managements part .

Katic has had an absolute howler yesterday , Probably his worse performance in a blue jersey.
I would be very surprised if he sees any game time in the near future given the gaffers comments , Which is probably the best decision as his confidence must be at an all time low after that display. The thing that annoys me though is that he certainly was not the only player who needs a kick up the backside & Deserve some time on the bench to have a look at themselves .

Back