Wycombe Wanderers promoted to the English Championship

Caught the last 20 mins, %^*& knows what the centre half was doing for the winner, long ball and the lady's front bottom ducked thinking it was making its way back to the keeper only for the striker to run on to it and he got wiped out by the keeper.

Great result for Wycombe, their manager looks like an old washed up rockstar but he’s done a turn there.

Finished the season in 8th place, were more likely to finish 10th than 6th, voted to end the season as they couldn't afford to continue knowing they'd get an undeserved shot at the play offs, Akinfenwa is given the run of the place (turns up late at training etc), they're the Motherwell of League One and once injured Duncan Watmore with a horrific tackle because he had the nerve to score against them effectively ending Watmore's career at Sunderland whilst their goalkeeper went down injured 7 or 8 times in the same game.

Yeah. Not their biggest fan.

Cracking result for them a team that over the seasons been so clinical, always a joy to see a team punch way above their level

What the f*ck is the centre half thinking? Always hate to see a player make a costly mistake in a final. Except that fanny Mark Kerr in the 2008 LCF, of course.

Very good achievement. I remember watching them on TV play Villa in the FA Cup a couple of years ago when they were in League 2. They have done really well.

Wycombe have been.my 2nd team after Gers for 30 +years...what a nite.. absolutely delighted never thought I'd ever see them get into the Championship... hopefully get down for afew games next season

same for me...had family move down to high wycombe in the mid 60's.....still have family in the area....was at adams park in october....unfortunately only had a look at the pitch and spent some money in the souvenir shop.....

Finished the season in 8th place, were more likely to finish 10th than 6th, voted to end the season as they couldn't afford to continue knowing they'd get an undeserved shot at the play offs, Akinfenwa is given the run of the place (turns up late at training etc), they're the Motherwell of League One and once injured Duncan Watmore with a horrific tackle because he had the nerve to score against them effectively ending Watmore's career at Sunderland whilst their goalkeeper went down injured 7 or 8 times in the same game.

double post

undeserved??...... punched above their weight from the start.......were in the top 5 most of the season...totally deserved their win.... Akinfenwa steps up with important goals every season...not sure where you got the info about him being bigger than the team.... outside of girth mind you..

undeserved??...... punched above their weight from the start.......were in the top 5 most of the season...totally deserved their win.... Akinfenwa steps up with important goals every season...not sure where you got the info about him being bigger than the team.... outside of girth mind you..

They qualified for the play offs because they had a game in the hand. I'm sure you would be congratulating Celtic if they won the league despite being 2nd purely because they hadn't completed the same amount of games as us. Wycombe finished 8th until the EFL changed the rules before the season had finished. They are the Motherwell of English football. Really detestable bunch.

Surprised an SPFL club haven't went in for Akinfenwa in the last few years. Probably missed that chance now as they are in the Championship.

same for me...had family move down to high wycombe in the mid 60's.....still have family in the area....was at adams park in october....unfortunately only had a look at the pitch and spent some money in the souvenir shop.....

Yeah Same with me family lived along the road from the old ground.. normally get down to agame or two (been Brilliant when they been play Carlisle as it just a quick train from Glasgow)

Looking forward to getting to a game or two next season (if fans are allowed in)

Surprised an SPFL club haven't went in for Akinfenwa in the last few years. Probably missed that chance now as they are in the Championship.

He will probably end up released now. He’s a sub for that lot most of the time is he not? No chance is he able to make the step up to championship level.

They qualified for the play offs because they had a game in the hand. I'm sure you would be congratulating Celtic if they won the league despite being 2nd purely because they hadn't completed the same amount of games as us. Wycombe finished 8th until the EFL changed the rules before the season had finished. They are the Motherwell of English football. Really detestable bunch.
Sad sad little man... Get over it

Always liked Wycombe. Love the big man Akinfenwa - great on Soccer AM when he embarrassed Ruddock with his fitness.

Oh those bitter tears.

Nae joy Sunderland. What a nothing club. Famous for a fly on the wall documentary and...err.....

Well done Wycombe! If they are Motherwell then Sunderland must be Hamilton :D

It's Wycombe ffs, more like the Albion Rovers of English football!

League One should be interesting next year, some big clubs in there who have been run like a circus over the years!

Caught the last 20 mins, %^*& knows what the centre half was doing for the winner, long ball and the lady's front bottom ducked thinking it was making its way back to the keeper only for the striker to run on to it and he got wiped out by the keeper.

Great result for Wycombe, their manager looks like an old washed up rockstar but he’s done a turn there.
He plays in an INXS tribute band.

I worked with a man who was a huge WW fan. I learned that their nickname is the Chairboys and they had a player with the wonderful name of Jermaine McSporran. That’s about it really.

I lived in Wycombe for the best part of 10 years in the 80s and 90s.
Wanderers are still the only team I've ever had a season ticket for. Great result and might try and get to a few games next season

They're a great story, well done to them. And Bill Turnbull, ex of BBC Breakfast and now Classic FM, will have been the happiest guy on the planet, more so after his battles to still be here.

Football can still inspire in a mercenary age. :)

You are both very welcome (all being well woth covid) - I will sort you out with tickets - just let me know

as probably the only STH of both clubs I'm on cloud 9 today. Hell of a hangover but well worth it. A stunning achievement and been shedding tears all day in pride at what has happened at the club over the last few years.

I really like Akinfenwa, really glad he's had his moment. Could have went the other way for him and soured his career so close to the end.

Back