Xavi Simons

Funnily enough I was watching PSG in some youth game last week and that lad caught my eye, looked very good indeed....and that is as far as my knowledge of him goes.

A central midfielder that can beat a few players and drive forward with pace would improve us immensely

He also looks quite tenacious and likes a tackle so I don’t think he would be intimidated by the physicality of our league

Gut instinct is that his agent will encourage him to follow the money though

Going to be an interesting list of targets under Gio. Hopeful we can get a few signed in January. Happy days ahead I think Bears!

Unless he agrees a new contract with PSG it'll be permanent he's out of contract in June
Wow hadn’t realised that. Interesting but as others have said he will likely command big signing on fees as a result of agent

If above is true and the lad is contracted to £1m a year that fits with our salary structure.

£1m is approx £20k a week.

He fits what our signing policy should look like, the best young up and coming guys we can manage to get and then we sell them on for profit.

Great rumour to get the juices going

Worth bearing in mind how highly thought of Zelalem was when we got him on loan. It’s feasible he would move for game time at a potential CL club who will play him 90 minutes every game if he’s good enough (obvious lower bar to get game time)

Out of interest, how does one pronounce 'Coup'?

Is it Coo, like the moo?
Cowp like parkheid?
Coop like short for Super Cooper?
Cup like the trophy?
Or other!? B-)

This would be a similar deal to them signing Dembele, free transfer so we can offer a competitive wage and signing fee. We potentially make a sizeable profit in a 2 years time. Just the link itself is great publicity for us. Although would most definitely spell the end for Kelly.

He’s out of contract end of season and his agent is mino raiola so I’d think he would be touting him to teams who will pay the largest agent fee and singing on bonus.

His current contract is for €1m a year, signed when he was 16, and has a big Instagram following. Tbh he doesn’t sound like the type that will enjoy away games at Dundee etc.

Suppose it’s also possible the hype is real and he’s absolutely sensational. Doubt the move will happen either way.

I think you're absolutely spot on.

Doubt it will happen; if it did, clearly a talent, but that amount of money from a young age, playing alongside superstars - i'd need to see a few performances for the famous before declaring him a great buy.

A motivated and hungry Xavi Simons, who adapts well to the country and league would be phenomenal though.

I thought I read Xavi wanted him back at Barcelona.

I'd be stunned if he came here.

The only way this is happening is if Gio and Dave Vos ask him to come get first team and European experience for 1-2 years and we sell for handsome profit.

However it isn't happening and I am refusing to even get a little excited. Although if this is the kind of reputation of player we are looking at seriously I am impressed.

This would be one of the weirdest signings we've had in years. So far out of left field it's almost surreal.

He's one of the most highly rated youth players in the world atm.
I disagree, he’s 18 and can’t get into PSG starting 11. There are countless youngsters all plying their trade in a first team in leagues all across Europe. He will still be of a technical better standard than Scotland though.

He’s out of contract end of season and his agent is mino raiola so I’d think he would be touting him to teams who will pay the largest agent fee and singing on bonus.

At his age (19 by the end of the season) it's more about getting him first team football and exposure. If we are in the Champions League then it could be a great platform for him to show what he can do then get a move to a team that will pay big bucks.

Also fits our proposed player trading model.

Back