Xavi Simons

His contract was rumoured to be 1mil euros per year when hes signed for PSG.

Im thinking unlikely
Also alot of excitement about him but no idea how good he is.

The lad looks a fantastic prospect has everything our midfield lacks at the moment.

That's what we need though technical ball players who can drive and move the ball about.

Sadly don't see him coming to the Spl but it would be major if he did.

Regardless Gio, Davie and big Roy will have unbelievable contacts throughout europe and it will be an exciting summer.

For anyone saying we have no chance of him you have got to realise we are now in a very good position both on and off the pitch and will now be a very attractive option for europes finest young talent , we are winning titles again , we have qualified for the Europa knock out stages 3 years in a row and have the possibility of CL group stages next season , but most important of all there is a definite progression from the SPHell to the EPL although it’s been mainly them doing the selling we will also be starting to do similar in the coming transfer windows

So any young player and agent can plan for 2 or 3 years in Scotland getting first team football playing in Europe winning trophies and that whole time being in the shop window for the EPL for me that’s a very attractive proposition for any young player and agent and I’m sure the club will be telling them similar

The only reason I could see this happening is due to his advisors looking at Frimpong and how he’s done. Come Scottish football for a year or two, toughen up in a more physically demanding league, then move on to the EPL or Bundesliga.

If no one else is sniffing about then it has to be realistic. He is not breaking through at PSG, he is still very young and by the looks of it with a lot of talent and pace. He breaks into our side, gets game in europe to show himself off and then gets his EPL move as to be honest the majority of players use us and them as a stepping stone to the EPL.

Seems to be picking up a bit of pace.

Gerrard’s done wonders for us in terms of this type of move. The club is ‘fashionable’ again and his showings in Europe, as well as the unbeaten league season, mean we’re a lot more attractive than we once were.

We’ve carried it on with Gio and David Vos and young players probably look at us and think they can significantly improve here, I don’t think this is out of the question.

coming to Rangers certainly didn't do Gio's career any harm. He can promote a similar pathway for this lad.

Remember we signed a young ladt called Rino, his career went ok after coming here as a youngster, not to mention our very own Gio... stranger things have happened....
We were throwing money about back then. Wilson was very clear at the AGM regarding the wage structure. He looks a very promising talent but I just don't see us being able to offer him something that's within our wage structure and is also attractive to him. Like you say though, stranger things have happened.

Interesting one.

Bassey has shown us that you don’t particularly need a massive amount of top team games and that Rangers can improve you, but he’s very highly rated already.

Would stress out the Rangers da’s due to his height and the fact he doesn’t run about crunching people.
This Rangers da had never heard of him until now :D

From that video clip he looks a similar player to Kamara.
Therefore, I won't be complaining if there is any truth in the rumours.
Funnily enough.....
As I'm watching that I'm thinking that's what we need from Kamara.
GK may not be as fast but if he pushed himself a bit he could do most of what that boy's doing and prevent us dealing with that chunt of an agent.

He is apparently on £16k per week @ PSG.

We could offer him 25k per week, guarantee him game time and European football.

Personally I can see a German team coming in and offering him silly money.

Reported interest in xavi Simons from PSG. What a coup that would be.
Would be an exciting transfer but can’t see it. Not with that agent. Who knows maybe the pull of the gaffer will work with the younger Dutch players like Gerard with the English lads. Exciting times.

Rumours that we have been scouting Wesley Hoedt in Belgium.

Was at Southampton same time as Wilson, could be a Wilson likes him or could just be lazy JOURNALISTES putting 2 and 2 together due to our scouts attending the game.

anyone who thinks this move wil happen is either deluded or know absolute zero about one of the highest rated youngsters out there

Looks to be a very promising player, although he’s been linked with a move back to Barça. Clearly well thought of by other major clubs across the continent, will be some catch if we secure him

All aboard the Gio express. No idea if this is likely to happen but good to see the way it's reported in Europe. Rangers back to being a respected name across Europe.

Written off because of the salary? We pay people more than £20k/week.
Written off because of the agent? This would likely be a very heavily weighted deal in their favour.
Written it off because he's young? He's rejected Barça and PSG because he wants assurances of first team football. We can likely give him that at 18.

He's young, but he'd get the opportunity to toughen up - potentially showing himself off to EPL teams - get first team football including hopefully CL group stages and help our midfield for a season or two before becoming a superstar elsewhere.

I still don't think it'll happen because I feel like other teams will offer him more money even if it's to sit on the bench, but for me this is way too random to not have anything in it.

Could be massive if we pulled it off, he’s a well known ‘wonderkid’ with huge potential and seems at first like a mental link.

However when you look at it there’s the Dutch link with Gio, first team football, champions league, winning trophies at a young age, working with a manager with the pedigree of Gvb, a possible wage rise and the chance to get another big move in a few years.

He could come to Scotland with us prove himself in mens football while developing then get himself another big move, just like Gio :cool:

I imagine we spoke to his agent Raniola, he got back to us with some ridiculous figure and we’ve left it there, hence the initial reports and now subsequent cooling in other papers.

Was always going to be massive long shot haha

The only reason I could see this happening is due to his advisors looking at Frimpong and how he’s done. Come Scottish football for a year or two, toughen up in a more physically demanding league, then move on to the EPL or Bundesliga.
Good point and one I wasn't thinking about. Went from soso Man city prospect to Leverkusen first team and highly rated.

The SPFL is also a gate way to England's top league were you don't sit in the reserves of a club for years or have countless loans abroad.

They don't have to name a source. Papers/journo's get told things all the time that's "off-the-record" meaning they have to attach a "we understand" or "our sources" at the start of a story.
Papers / journos also need to sell papers, and making up an 'update' to existing stories does that, so they often lie and have no sources.

Remember when @mdingwall was pointing out the lies the tabloids were printing about our hunt for a new manager? They claimed they have sources, and they were wrong, they just needed the clicks!

If we can’t even hold onto Gilmour, our own kid, how on earth could we compete for this guy? Also imagine the risk to his career with thugs like Porteous targeting him. Just can’t see it, but nice to dream.

If we can’t even hold onto Gilmour, our own kid, how on earth could we compete for this guy? Also imagine the risk to his career with thugs like Porteous targeting him. Just can’t see it, but nice to dream.
A few things,

Billy Gilmour was 16 at the time and nowhere near first team football for us

Also, in 2017 we were nowhere near playing European football after Christmas or potentially CL football

And finally, his story is a fantastic sell, we show young players the we can develop them and progress them to a top EPL team

Just my opinion, of course

Back