Xenophobic media should be ashamed

Pedro was always going to struggle due to lack of experience and lack of funds but the way the media treated him will forever taint this country. The questions asked at his presss conferences would never have been asked of Walter Smith or any Celtic manager.

He struggled because he was a bang average football manager who had done nothing at note at every single club he had been at.

The bottom line is if he had been getting results and putting a winning Rangers team,not a single a Rangers fan out there would not have backed him in the media onslaught.i have never known the rangers support want a manager to come good so much as we have with Pedro.

If he was winning, the media wouldn't have mattered.

His piss poor record cost him his job

This 100% true.

However, some of the things that go round the periphery of our game in this country is undeniably shameful. It is why Scottish Football is regressing at an alarming rate and to such an extent you can't ever see it finding it's way back.

Pedro was always going to struggle due to lack of experience and lack of funds but the way the media treated him will forever taint this country. The questions asked at his presss conferences would never have been asked of Walter Smith or any Celtic manager.

1. It will never taint the country as it was allowed and accepted at the time by our spineless club

2. Lack of funds....are you for real? What other club in Scotland spent over 7M! We have won 5 out of 10 SPL games and just got pumped (and bullied) out of the league cup by Motherwell

If the board made the decision based on media treatment then we`re in bigger trouble than I thought. Truth is he was out of his depth and results weren`t near good enough.

If and when Pedro goes, be it this week or in five years time, we would have to appoint an Oirish manager. The haters would never dare lavish such criticism as Pedro gets - it would immediately be deemed to be “racist”.

They are a shower of cxxts regardless of our managers nationality.
The worst is yet to come as it will be open season on him and the club now.

Great post mate, I was never really impressed by Pedro, however there are bigger issues here. Racism for one. The amount of abuse that man received from our media was disgraceful. The sheer delight they took when he got mixed up with some English words revealed them to be lower than scum. In particular, Sutton must take a lot of blame for he mounted a one 'man' campaign to ridicule Pedro which was cruel and vicious. Contrast with the sheer reverence that is shown when Blessed Brendon is interviewed. Pedro, all the best mate, you gave it your best shot, I hope fortune favours you in the future.

He was a poor appointment, really poor. However it has been disgusting the way the media have treated him. I am not sure any other manager that comes in at Rangers is going to get off any lighter though.

There must be a list of a dozen or more people who have behaved despicably towards him. From Chris Sutton to the wee rat woman who asks those stupid press conference questions. In that list I include several ex rangers players.

Everything from here on should be kept in house. The external media all wish us to fail and we should remember that

Don't forget the FF fury at the media re Warburton. Trying to unsettle him, scared of Warburton etc. I have no doubt the media prefer a British player, but the media only said what the fans were saying. Poor manager, bizarre interviews, should never have been appointed.

The bottom line is if he had been getting results and putting a winning Rangers team,not a single a Rangers fan out there would not have backed him in the media onslaught.i have never known the rangers support want a manager to come good so much as we have with Pedro.
That's a problem within our support IMO.
No matter the results he was Rangers manager and nobody in our support should have sided with the media against him.
If it was a fair press then I'd agree but it was, as the thread title says, simple xenophobia.
The media onslaught began before he'd even managed a game. It had nothing to do with results.

I'm glad he is gone but wholeheartedly agree with op. Knives were out on him from day 1 from the gutter press

I wanted him gone due to results but I do feel for him. Seemed a thoroughly good guy, really wish he had it in him to be a success.

The relish with which the media are celebrating this is disgusting. Just like with Cathro, they're seeing it as a victory for the journalists.

Our next manager - I hope he has the ability to have us winning consistently but I also hope he has Pedro's willingness to defend the club and fight back against our vile media.

Disgusting what he had to put up with,more than a few so-called fans on here want to hang their heads for siding with the 'impartial' Mhedia.

He wasn't a good enough manager fair enough,but the shite directed at him wouldn't have happened to ANY Scottish manager appointed instead.

its been utterly disgraceful what PC has had to put up with from the media. From day 1 not one person from the board has stood up for him against this mob. Even RD didnt get as much harrassment when his team was poor in europe. The board must step up and ban all media and only give interviews, statements etc only RTV. More fans would buy RTV just on this but it would stop the media harrassing our players/managers.

If he was winning he could have turned up to every press conference in full clown regalia and talked as much pish as he liked,but he wasn't . Best of luck to the guy.

Last edited:
Hopefully Pedro blasts the press and the sfa refs for their shamobolic performances and cheating

We really are never going to get far in this country

That's a problem within our support IMO.
No matter the results he was Rangers manager and nobody in our support should have sided with the media against him.
If it was a fair press then I'd agree but it was, as the thread title says, simple xenophobia.
The media onslaught began before he'd even managed a game. It had nothing to do with results.

So because of the media we have to pretend the manager is doing fine when he is clearly failing?

The media were against him from the very start and they have been proven to be 100% correct. He had no experience that was of any relevance managing a club like ours. His stupid incessant talking laid him open to attack after attack. He was his own worst enemy but the way the press treated him was still a disgrace.

I’m sorry but I don’t buy this xenophobia claptrap. Stop with the persecution complex. Just because you are offended doesn’t make you right. Pedro got what he got because he had a large trap and little to back it up with.

No doubt he never got treated the same as other managers do, and some of stuff said/written about him was a disgrace.

But the media never cost him his job. Results, poor signings and his attitude/behaviour behind the scenes has cost him his job.

People think the media have all this power, but this wee simple thing takes it all away. Dont fucking read it or buy it and you dont even know its there. Its bloody magic

A few bears could take that advice on board, some of the shit they printed was regurgitated on here doing their scummy job for them. The mhedia hate us and some fans still buy their hate filled rag, they actually pay to read that shite. The world is a funny place

Back