Yaya Toure: Why bums are so important in football

Morelos and John McGinn do it brilliantly, must be a nightmare to get the ball from them.

Interesting article and agree that our Alfie is a master of using his backside to spin a player.

Also, watching the Scotland match the other night, a mate commented that McGinn was "aw bum".

alan-thompson-banner.jpg

"Cheers Yaya...hic!"

There is now more than ever more emphasis on lower and upper body strength.

These guys must be squatting and dead lifting well over 100g for reps regularly. With lifting this amount can come injury too.

It's amazing at what lower body strength can do even in a game of 5s.

@the_people has commented on my backside on a number of occasions. It is well rounded.

These guys must be squatting and dead lifting well over 100g for reps regularly. With lifting this amount can come injury too.

@the_people has commented on my backside on a number of occasions. It is well rounded.
No chance anyone could deadlift 100g. Human body isn't capable of that sort of weight.

I used to do something similar but with my hips during my fitbaw days. Defender would come over to shut me down and just as the ball came to me I'd just throw a subtle flick of the hip. They'd either end up folded over or with a dead leg. Was never sure of how it worked exactly but it was deadly inside the box. Ref would never give it.

It got to the point where my team mates knew to make a run into space because I was never losing the ball while being marked.

Not my arse, but similar in its application during a game so big Yaya is spot on. Everybody lashing heads and throwing elbows, when all it take is a subtle adjustment of the hip and they're well off balance.

Surely they’ll be squatting more than 100kg? I can do that and I’m a girl :p

Squatting and deadlifting are too quad dominant and so pretty shit for football. You should be looking at Romanian deadlifts and hang cleans if you’re a footballer.

Back