Yellow card for hand ball

Under the current rules that should maybe be a penalty, however its fucking nonsense. What was he meant to do with his arm there? He's trying to pull it out the way.

Clancy would have sent Morelos off if he had a chance, could see him watching him after the ball was away from him to see if he could book him for anything.

Under the current rules that should maybe be a penalty, however its fucking nonsense. What was he meant to do with his arm there? He's trying to pull it out the way.

Clancy would have sent Morelos off if he had a chance, could see him watching him after the ball was away from him to see if he could book him for anything.
eh, are you ignoring the clear foul for us before this even becomes an issue?

What is the specific rule. I am pretty sure it's not always a yellow so what actually constitutes a booking offence?

I’m not seeing where it was a foul and hence penalty and can’t see it said you must caution either

The only line that justifies his judgement tonight is that was a deliberate handball and that is why he cautioned him . Was it ? I believe clearly Not .

Edit : OP caution is Not mandatory as far as I can see in thst link it’s linked to intentional act I think

Last edited:
I didn’t think Morelos should’ve been booked for it tbh.

It wasn’t deliberate, his hand/arm was down by his side.

Was it a penalty? Aye it was. A harsh one, but one that we would be wanting if it were us.
Would I be wanting you bet you’re bottom dollar I would ,would we get no chance.

With the handball, if it was on target (which I don't think it was and Alfie did it deliberate and arm was higher than his shoulder, it's a red but cos of where his arm was and didn't look like it was going in, Clancy did the right thing with a yellow we'd be screaming for the same if it was the other end if you watch the hand closely

With the handball, if it was on target (which I don't think it was and Alfie did it deliberate and arm was higher than his shoulder, it's a red but cos of where his arm was and didn't look like it was going in, Clancy did the right thing with a yellow we'd be screaming for the same if it was the other end if you watch the hand closely
Don’t think so senior have a read of the rules links above .

I’m not clear it was a pen at all only would be if his arm was making himself bigger or it was deliberate handball which I can’t clearly determine . Maybe you can ?

Don’t think so senior have a read of the rules links above .

I’m not clear it was a pen at all only would be if his arm was making himself bigger or it was deliberate handball which I can’t clearly determine . Maybe you can ?
I'm a former referee (yes I was better as I was always fair to every team), and I knew his arm wasn't making him look bigger but his arm was out from the natural position

There was a push before the header so it should’ve been a foul.
It wasn’t a yellow card, Alfie didn’t intentionally handball, it was ball to hand.
It was a penalty under the new rules but it was not a yellow card as it wasn’t intentional.
Just another honest mistake from Clancy

Why was the ball played hand rule stopped the only way to stop it would be strap players arms up
Not good enough, only solution is to amputate all players except the keepers before taking the field of play.

The whole handball rule has descended into a total farce now and is only likely to get worse.

Back