Yellow Cladding around Ibrox

The banners themselves are pretty good and better than the previous ones. Obviously cost is prohibitive but would be pretty cool if we could make these areas screens or rolling electronic billboards.

Pressure washer won’t do anything to it. I needs a proper deep steamed clean. I’ve seen worse made much better after it’s carried out.
The bricks are a bit dated now but can’t see anything changing with those anytime soon

Who the fk parked the black car?
There was a motorbike parked beside me mate when I first parked,well spotted,pet hate of mine,thought it was a Dumfries thing,my local health club,have the biggest parking bays I've seen,and the chunts still can't get their vehicles between the lines!

No complaints at all from me on the banners. They add add something. On the OP, it's been said a lot that that's not dirt it's the material itself. You'd have to paint it or so I've heard keen for that to happen if possible.
Not one to moan but don't like the banners at all. Our stadium is beautiful in its own right, It just needs proper taken care of. Realise this isn't the current boards neglect but lets get affected areas sandblasted/painted.

EclzXucXYAIaGkN

apt for this thread I think. A friend posted this on my twitter feed today.

look at how white the concrete was back then. Also how dark brown the cladding is compared to now BUT! Even then the corrugated plastic still looks dirty,

I know we started putting up clear stuff but perhaps it would look better in blue.

that said going by the drawings of the new Edmiston house development it looks as if banners will be replaced with lights so perhaps having clear lends its self better as I think there will be glass and lights used and also the brown cladding will be replaced

EclzXucXYAIaGkN

apt for this thread I think. A friend posted this on my twitter feed today.

look at how white the concrete was back then. Also how dark brown the cladding is compared to now BUT! Even then the corrugated plastic still looks dirty,

I know we started putting up clear stuff but perhaps it would look better in blue.

that said going by the drawings of the new Edmiston house development it looks as if banners will be replaced with lights so perhaps having clear lends its self better as I think there will be glass and lights used and also the brown cladding will be replaced

I loved walking around that corner and catching my first glimpse of the stadium. Standing outside the stadium bar with a bag of chips waiting on my old man. Walking up to the Copland rd

Any updates or photos on the Copland Road end? Assuming they will be doing something with the banners on that end given its practically the same as the Broomloan.

The board can cut down on the cost of replacing the cladding by filling the corners full height:)):)) Only joking, it’ll take time but I believe that this broad will get it done properly.

I'm sure they'll get to it at some point. The stadium was in some state under the old board and the new board have spent a fortune updating it

Clubs generally don't do anything with them until they get really bad. They start turning colour after a couple of years. To keep on top of it it would be an every 3 years swap out. I work for a building company. I've seen cladding like that in place for over a decade

I've yet to meet anyone who has commented on the state of the cladding at Ibrox. As long as the guys wearing blue win games is all that bothers me.

What about turning it into a big light strip where it could change colours from red, white to blue? Similar idea to how Bayern's stadium can change colour.

I really don't get this mentality.

Everything should be as good as it can be regardless of on pitch success.
I obviously want Ibrox to look it's best and it does on the pitch side. But with limit financial resources I'd rather we didn't over spend on the stadium.

Napoli won the Copa Italia, the San Paolo is a shitehole, do you think Napoli fans care?

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but is it just me or are there black poles along the stand behind each goal? It's not a net thing to stop it going in the crowd is it or am I just chatting shite?

EcjnqCZWoAIhhUd

I really don't get this mentality.

Everything should be as good as it can be regardless of on pitch success.
To be fair mate it was allowed to run into a state for years under the spivs etc. Money is an issue for Scottish clubs, so i dont buy that line. The yahoos ground is in shit state, yet theyve had a free run at money...

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but is it just me or are there black poles along the stand behind each goal? It's not a net thing to stop it going in the crowd is it or am I just chatting shite?

EcjnqCZWoAIhhUd

Good chance it will be a net for the behind closed doors games to limit how often the ball goes in to the seats and then people having to go hunt for them.

Back