Yet another MyGers Thread!

scottsmum

Official Ticketer
So I want to start out by saying that I don't want this to be a MyGers or Rangers bashing thread. It really is just for my own personal situation.

So my son and I are both bronze on 1045 and 1003 points respectively. This is our 4th season of being ST holders and we weren't able to have tickets prior to this due to both financial situations and also I was a carer for my Gran and Saturday's were out for me. So anyway, now we have 4 years of history on CCCS attending every home game we have been eligible for. Have missed one home game in 4 years due to covid :(

We only started being able to go to away games last season, so have had 1 last season (Motherwell), the Blackpool friendly and none so far this season, which I totally understand due to the limiting of tickets by other teams. Again last season and this season was the first we could do some Euro aways and again not been able to get any either due to points/covid jab issues or no passport, so I'm not blaming MyGers solely for this.

My question is, how do we ever get up the levels? I've bought Edmiston house package for my son to bump him closer to me, as prior to us having ST I bought as and when from the club. I have the monthly £5 RTV, I buy programmes on the night as my son prefers it that way, and I don't have unlimited funds to be able to buy B Team and Womens tickets, so I just don't ever see us climbing out of bronze into silver.

Based on last years points threshold then we would have been silver this year, but then it changed upwards which I assume will happen again next season too.

Again this is not a slight at MyGers, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I know that regardless we will renew for the chance of Hampden tickets which we were lucky enough to get for all games last season.

Not that it matters, but I should add that I am still relatively young, so I've not got the years and years of following which I totally appreciate and should be rewarded.

Please be gentle on me! Lol!! I don't need to be told that I'm a lesser supporter as I've not been able to attend prior to 5 years ago :)

The points drop off next season will benefit you as you don’t have any points to drop of if you have only had your season tickets for 4 years - those in front of you will drop down as points are taken away

I am probably being a bit daft here, but I never understood how the points drop off would benefit, as the golds are still earning more points this season than I can, so even if they drop off a season, they are still going to be way ahead of anything I can catch up on?

When it drops off it'll only be my ad hoc purchases, so I'm not sure how many points that would be, as I was the only one with a Rangers number until I knew that I had to get my son one for his season ticket. So he'll be ok, but I won't be! Lol!

I've just gone through my ticket history and it's quite a few games from the 2018/2019 season that I've bought for us both on my Rangers number, so will I be double dunted and lose 10 points for each game, or just 5? I never thought of that before.

Last edited:
I am probably being a bit daft here, but I never understood how the points drop off would benefit, as the golds are still earning more points this season than I can, so even if they drop off a season, they are still going to be way ahead of anything I can catch up on?

When it drops off it'll only be my ad hoc purchases, so I'm not sure how many points that would be, as I was the only one with a Rangers number until I knew that I had to get my son one for his season ticket. So he'll be ok, but I won't be! Lol!

I've just gone through my ticket history and it's quite a few games from the 2018/2019 season that I've bought for us both on my Rangers number, so will I be double dunted and lose 10 points for each game, or just 5? I never thought of that before.
RTV - need to buy annual subscription to get the points.
Programmes- need to buy online to get the points.
You only get 5 points per home game maximum so you didn’t get 10 points for buying two tickets,only five per match irrespective of number of tickets bought against your individual Rangers number.You would have needed to buy your sons ticket against his own Rangers number for him to get points.

Underlines the racket it has become.

Buying hospitality to boost points, to put you into a threshold that will still effectively leave you nowhere near the big tickets?

Its a free market, and people are free to spend their money as they wish.

It feels a lot like fans being taken advantage of though.

RTV - need to buy annual auto gain points.
Programmes- need to buy online to get the points.
You only get 5 points per home game maximum so you didn’t get 10 points for buying two tickets,only five per match irrespective of number of tickets bought against your individual Rangers number.You would have needed to buy your sons ticket against his own Rangers number for him to get points.

Ok that's fine, I had a moment thinking I would lose 10 points for each match I bought.

I will need to look into the other ways to get points, but I was loathe to start spending loads of money, as I need to do it for us both to keep us up there. I'm sure I'll have to buy Edmiston house for myself to stay near my son at the next season update.

I'm surprised you're in bronze if you've had an ST for every available season.

I'm silver and only had an ST for 2 of the 3 seasons on record.

I do have points for RTV , EH and and I think 4 Euro away games.

I'm genuinely surprised that I would have more points than you.

Basically it’s the long game for bronze and silver. Realistically to have any real chance of being mid to upper gold in the future you need to apply for every game, buy everything offered and virtually buy every add on

So basically flinging money at it for 3/4 years in the hope that those at the top of silver/those in gold aren’t matching your non-ticket spending

If all members bought every add on and every ticket offered from now for the next 5 years theoretically we’d all be on the same points but obviously not everyone is buying add ons

So bronze need to fling money at it for 3/4 years without benefitting whatsoever right now. People in gold buying add ons or doing 50%+ European aways will be gold forever unless the club change how mygers works

I've checked my purchase history and I have about 14 games for season 18/19 which were before my season ticket, then ST from 19/20 onwards going to all home games available, 1 domestic away, no euro aways and 1 away friendly and My Gers and the early buy bonus. I'm now looking to be on 1086 after the latest update. My son is the same apart from the 18/19 games as I didn't realise he needed a number too, so he's the exact same as me from then on, plus EH and he's on 1047 after the current update.

So deffo still bronze for us both.

My RTV is the monthly one, so no points and we get our programmes at the ground also.

Once you have 5 years ST + CCCS boxes ticked + actual attendance you won't be far off current gold numbers if at all.

The problem is going to come as more people bunch up it's likely Gold thresholds rise and will be people with the same history, ticket points through being historic gold (euro aways) plus buying extras. It's not the case right now but way I can see it going.

Once you have 5 years ST + CCCS boxes ticked + actual attendance you won't be far off current gold numbers if at all.

The problem is going to come as more people bunch up it's likely Gold thresholds rise and will be people with the same history, plus buying extras. It's not the case right now but way I can see it going.
European aways and add ons will be the differentiator when it moves to 3 seasons

So you’ll have tens of thousands grouped closely together and add ons will become imperative

That’s unless the club change it, still foresee them moving towards a cccs type future for mygers. Their justification will be that everyone’s so close together

So what happens in 5 or 10 years time when there's loads of people in gold as they have all been buying every available add on to boost their points?

So what happens in 5 or 10 years time when there's loads of people in gold as they have all been buying every available add on to boost their points?
That's exactly what happens. But it's still the same percentage of overall scheme I'd imagine.

As numbers bunch, those currently in gold with less extras and less euro aways will fall into what will be silver.

I've checked my purchase history and I have about 14 games for season 18/19 which were before my season ticket, then ST from 19/20 onwards going to all home games available, 1 domestic away, no euro aways and 1 away friendly and My Gers and the early buy bonus. I'm now looking to be on 1086 after the latest update. My son is the same apart from the 18/19 games as I didn't realise he needed a number too, so he's the exact same as me from then on, plus EH and he's on 1047 after the current update.

So deffo still bronze for us both.

My RTV is the monthly one, so no points and we get our programmes at the ground also.
I'm on 1233 , When it was 5 years I had 4/5 seasons on record , now it's 3 years I have 2/3 seasons , I didn't have an ST in 20/21 which badly hurt my points total since Covid wiped out the season and everyone got full points.

It's not 3 years. It's still 5 years history.
Is it ?

I thought it was dropping to 3 , is that next season ?

Or have I just made something up ?

Going off my own points total it feels like there has been a change as last year I was on 1500~ points but dropped to 1233 this season. That made sense as I was going from 4 seasons out of 5 as an ST holder to 2 in 3 but if it's still 5 seasons then my points shouldn't really have dropped because I'd still be on 4 seasons in 5 but just different years with very similar attendance.

Full thing is just a barrell of shite. Milking every penny from fans and making it up as they go along. Boils my piss
What do you suggest is the answer? If you could explain without using toilet language, it would be a bonus.

I don't want to call you a liar but I can't see how this could be true. I've had 3 years of ST, 3 years of MyGers, RTV annual subscription for 3 years, 5 European away days, attended all but maybe one or two matches. I'm slap bang in the middle of the Bronze band.

Even extrapolating out 5 years;

5yr 120 STs.

5yr 5x 19 for Home League game attendances.

5yr 5x 6 for European home game attendances.

5yr 25 for 5yr of RTV annual subscription.

5yr 5x 3 for say 3 European aways a year.

That adds up to only just put you in mid to high silver. You're presumably only at 2/5ths of the match day points, based on the above. Unless I'm missing something? Low silver is about 1,100 points. The only explaination is that you've been to most games over the 5yr period only just not under the guise of a ST. Either that or I'm being screwed somewhere.

Underlines the racket it has become.

Buying hospitality to boost points, to put you into a threshold that will still effectively leave you nowhere near the big tickets?

Its a free market, and people are free to spend their money as they wish.

It feels a lot like fans being taken advantage of though.

Bought hospitality twice last season x4, Stirling in the Cup and Red Star, over £2k never even got sat together in the lounge 0 MyGers points, would have got MyGers points for our £21 Stirling tickets though, had I not cancelled them, bought Red Star gave them away to family purely to get points.

I don't want to call you a liar but I can't see how this could be true. I've had 3 years of ST, 3 years of MyGers, RTV annual subscription for 3 years, 5 European away days, attended all but maybe one or two matches. I'm slap bang in the middle of the Bronze band.

Even extrapolating out 5 years;

5yr 120 STs.

5yr 5x 19 for Home League game attendances.

5yr 5x 6 for European home game attendances.

5yr 25 for 5yr of RTV annual subscription.

5yr 5x 3 for say 3 European aways a year.

That adds up to only just put you in mid to high silver. You're presumably only at 2/5ths of the match day points, based on the above. Unless I'm missing something? Low silver is about 1,100 points. The only explaination is that you've been to most games over the 5yr period only just not under the guise of a ST. Either that or I'm being screwed somewhere.

I can screen shot if you like mate :)

I'm not sure where the cut off is but my attendance in the years prior to MyGers launching my attendance was pretty constant ( ST , most home games , Some Euro away , boxes ticked ect.)

The one exception being 2020/21 ,after my son was born I gave up the ticket but got it back for 2021/22.

My total checked today is 1233 I haven't actually confirmed it but I believe that is silver

I can screen shot if you like mate :)

I'm not sure where the cut off is but my attendance in the years prior to MyGers launching my attendance was pretty constant ( ST , most home games , Some Euro away , boxes ticked ect.)

The one exception being 2020/21 ,after my son was born I gave up the ticket but got it back for 2021/22.

My total checked today is 1233 I haven't actually confirmed it but I believe that is silver
There you go! It's 5 years which count, so you'll have 5 years worth of purchase history and not 2 per original comment. That'll explain the gap!

There you go! It's 5 years which count, so you'll have 5 years worth of purchase history and not 2 per original comment. That'll explain the gap!

Yeah I was basing my original comment on the threshold changing from 5y to 3y.

So 2xST in 3 seasons.

I dunno if I've just invented it but I could swear the club announced MyGers was moving to a 3y cycle to allow faster accumulation of maximum points.

Yeah I was basing my original comment on the threshold changing from 5y to 3y.

So 2xST in 3 seasons.

I dunno if I've just invented it but I could swear the club announced MyGers was moving to a 3y cycle to allow faster accumulation of maximum points.
They did... And then backtracked after they held a session with higher up members of the scheme and then held a vote on a 3yr vs 5yr cycle. Surprise surprise the turkeys did not vote for Christmas.

What season's point drop off next season is it 18/19? I think I've got confused, as I was thinking I would lose that next season, but is it 5 full seasons points that are currently used?

I get so lost in points chat, all I know is that I'm always on the cusp but never quite enough to move up.

What season's point drop off next season is it 18/19? I think I've got confused, as I was thinking I would lose that next season, but is it 5 full seasons points that are currently used?

I get so lost in points chat, all I know is that I'm always on the cusp but never quite enough to move up.
17/18 is the first season included in the current 5 year period

Next season it will start from 18/19

Yeah the period is the previous full 5 seasons plus the current season:

17/18
18/19
19/20
20/21
21/22
and
22/23 so far.

Points will keep being added for this season in January and April and the thresholds will go up accordingly.
17/18 will drop off at the end of this season meaning the thresholds go back down.

Back