Yilmaz

If Yilmaz is to get the start at the DhimDome then he will need to start at least three games before then I’d suggest. I don’t see that happening. Saturday will give us a better idea.
I'd put him in against Hibs if I'm honest he'll be up against Boyle but if Yilmaz plays as high as expected we may be able to limit him going forward

Barisic has been playing better recently but if he has a dip in form no doubt Yilmaz will get a chance ..

When he grows about 4 inches so he isn’t a target for every team in the league to hit diagonals onto? B-D

Physically, I dont understand the signing at all. Went from Man Mountain Bassey to a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.
If teams think that launching a diagonal to a left back then let them do it. An absolute pointless tactic that we will cope with easily

Yet he’s same height as Taylor and Mooy, taller than Juranovic, Barnebei, Iguchi, Hetate, Maeda, Abada and Kyogo.

Also taller than many of the best fullbacks the world has ever seen, Lahm, Lizarazu, Roberto Carlos and countless others.

He’s also taller than our Manager, who wasn’t bad in midfield or left back for some half decent sides and a not bad national team too.

This fascination with his height is fucking weird and seems to be used by strange folk hellbent on writing off young players who have come in the door. It’s not 1990 anymore and started with some peado loving poodle in the press who completely lacks any self awareness.
You talk too much sense m8.

That's a stunning amount we have paid for a left back.
It's understandable fans are getting the fear over the lack of his game time.

He didn't look that great on his debut. I didn't see what he could bring. Borna looks the far better option just now.

Saying that I am not writing the guy off after 1 game or 60minutes to be more precise. I just hope he starts performing for us and the price tag doesn't help.

Barisic for me as he's playing well, Yilmaz will have plenty of time, in saying that if we are winning by a decent score give him and Morelos some game time to get them up to match fitness.

All for buying young players to develop but it's a fact that our budgets are limited and we needed to improve the starting 11. I'm not sure we've done that with the 10m we spent on Davies and Yilmaz. Our two most costly acquisitions were not available to help us in the CL qualifiers.
Davies had a knock and Yilmaz is just settling in. You don't think they are an improvement because of this?

When he grows about 4 inches so he isn’t a target for every team in the league to hit diagonals onto? B-D

Physically, I dont understand the signing at all. Went from Man Mountain Bassey to a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.

Its a concern.

This place is fucking brain damage at times
Yup, one bad game now means he 'usually freezes' apparently.

Not sure if anyone has noticed how Gio has us set up, but it appears that in one half most of the play is focused down the left (and Borna has his 'good' half), then in the other it's mostly down the right (and Borna has his 'bad' half). Under Gerrard he had licence to get up the pitch at all times. Gio is much more conservative on that front.

I don’t think the point here is that the tims have wee fullbacks so it’s alright for us to. That’s daft.

Is the point not more that we replaced Bassey who was so effective at LB with someone of a completely different stature and style and so it might take him some time to adapt to our football and set-up?

My thoughts exactly. I don’t buy into this Scottish mentality of too small etc, but I feel that Ridvan needs games to get used to the hammer throwers we have in the league. Has to game time against Ross County and Queen of the South games

Barišić performances are still up and down. He's hardly come onto a right good game. Only a few weeks ago he was having a stinker. Good 1st half on Tuesday night, average 2nd (not helped by his team mates at time).

£4m on a player that probably doesn't start in our next 5 away matches (Hibs, PSV, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts).

Gimli? He is very dangerous over short distances.

When do we think we will see Yilmaz get his chance again? Barasic has come onto a game recently but surely we can't have our most expensive summer signing sitting on the bench for too long

Dont think next week is the time for it but hoping domestically he can get some game time.

Possibly Ross County and QOS?

Would be suprised if he got thrown in at Easter Rd, or Eindhoven, while not being close to being fully match fit.

Wouldn't be fair on the player and the lunatic fringe on here would character assasinate him, just as they've cluelessly done previously, with Lundstram, Arfield, Sands, Colak and many others.

I'd be looking to play him asap you can't have a player like that sitting on the bench especially considering his price tag and his talent.

Makes you wonder what the script is Gio demanded a different LB to what we already have and as yet doesn't seem to want to play him.
He is a new signing, in a new country with a totally new bunch of team mates. It isn’t always the case that you can just bung them in the team and it will click straight away. He will just be getting time to find his feet and settle in.

We need him up to speed. Borna is far too reliant on confidence, one bad pass and it ruins him for weeks. Goldson and Tav can make blunders and get there head straight in seconds

It does frustrate me that you spend big money on a left back and a CB and both appear to be miles off either being fit or ready to play.

Whatever the reason its poor. We really needed upgrades in team for PSV not after. Davies even if he didnt get a knock was never playing. Lets be honest

Think he'll get involved after international break. Can imagine Gio using that deadline to get RIdvan used to training and environment. After break get more minutes.

Not been a rush to bring him in now that Borna is playing well

It does frustrate me that you spend big money on a left back and a CB and both appear to be miles off either being fit or ready to play.

Whatever the reason its poor. We really needed upgrades in team for PSV not after. Davies even if he didnt get a knock was never playing. Lets be honest
It's a bedding in period for a lot of players. Can't just throw them all in and see what happens.

There's been a huge influx of very good players. Some will settle more quickly than others. Give them time, they'll come good.

Look at Lundstram, and even Colak (fcuk knows why). They got thrown in at the deep end and were written off by plenty of people. They are experienced professionals. Do that to younger guys you risk destroying their confidence in a tough environment.

Whilst it seems partly ludicrous most internet info shows our new lad at 5 foot seven I am agreeing with those posters who are suggesting he looks shorter than that.

And I get there have been world class players who are diminutive they have been blessed with exceptional attributes.

When I saw him I thought well he’s probably a pocket dynamo but his debut showed zero indication of that. Of maybe it was all a bit much for him.

The fact he has not featured at all since suggests he doesn’t look ready.

We paid a lot of cash for this lad it’s not an Aribo or Bassey style investment it’s around 4x that so young or not you would expect attributes that would mean he would be at least rotating reasonably quickly.
Let’s see what the next few weeks bring.

It's a bedding in period for a lot of players. Can't just throw them all in and see what happens.

There's been a huge influx of very good players. Some will settle more quickly than others. Give them time, they'll come good.

Look at Lundstram, and even Colak (fcuk knows why). They got thrown in at the deep end and were written off by plenty of people. They are experienced professionals. Do that to younger guys you risk destroying their confidence in a tough environment.
Im sure they might come good mate but I really feel signing a ready made CB player to come in and help us get to champions league was not too much to ask

I think he’ll start on Saturday.

It'll be interesting to see if PSV not having a game this weekend in any way affects our team selection. For all their issues, we should expect a hard game away to Hibs - it usually is, and that's the only way to approach it.

Im sure they might come good mate but I really feel signing a ready made CB player to come in and help us get to champions league was not too much to ask
Probably thought Souttar was that player? We have been a bit unfortunate that 3 of our players in there were not available for one reason or another.

I would assume the lads would all have been back in training preparing for Saturday. Can't imagine he'd have been flying to Croatia for an overnighter. Could be wrong. Thought it was strange though.
Probably was tbf, it’s not as if he can’t afford it and it’s only a couple of hours. Probably worth it to spend the evening with pals/family if moneys no object to you

Whilst it seems partly ludicrous most internet info shows our new lad at 5 foot seven I am agreeing with those posters who are suggesting he looks shorter than that.

And I get there have been world class players who are diminutive they have been blessed with exceptional attributes.

When I saw him I thought well he’s probably a pocket dynamo but his debut showed zero indication of that. Of maybe it was all a bit much for him.

The fact he has not featured at all since suggests he doesn’t look ready.

We paid a lot of cash for this lad it’s not an Aribo or Bassey style investment it’s around 4x that so young or not you would expect attributes that would mean he would be at least rotating reasonably quickly.
Let’s see what the next few weeks bring.

He looks a bit 'smaller' because he's essentially a skinny wee boy at the moment. Somewhat akin to Stephen Kelly that way. I'm sure he'll fill out as such.

I haven't seen anything of him yet to know how he'll do here, but I was enthused by the reports and analysis so many strong sources provided.

Hopefully the weekend. Him and Davies need to get up to speed. Borna is too inconsistent game to game (sometimes even half to half) at the moment.

Excited to see what they can bring.
I don't think we need to rush him while Barisic is playing reasonably well.

Think I have to agree with the latter. Usual FF though.

I don’t know how you can say Barisic has been inconsistent. He’s playing out his skin just now.

Back