Yilmaz

Are you saying Tav didn't constantly give away possession on numerous occassions or didn't get skinned down the flank at all .
No shame in it happening against the opposition we faced but it happened none the less so to single one man out is rubbish.
Lundstram was as poor as any by the way with poor touches and underhit passes on 3 or 4 ocassions and Stevie Davis not any better but the reality is,we don't have the same quality of player as liverpool.
Thats the short and tall of it .Smell the coffee
I'm not talking about Tav, Davis or anybody else, over the years these guys have proven themselves in their respective positions, and of course, like any player, they can have a bad game, l commented on Barisic, a player who continually stands out as a weak link at the back, and not just against Liverpool, the basics of defending are simply lacking in his game, if he's not standing off his man, he's turning his back running away from him, giving the attacker far too much space to shoot or get a cross in. A few decent deliveries into the box every other game doesn't do it for me, but hey, there are obviously a few on here happy to laud mediocrity, I crave a bit more, Bassey raised the bar, we need to raise our standards and expectations.

I have no faith in Gio either so not sure where you get that opinion from I wanted him gone after the defeat at the Piggery. There's obviously reasons we aren't privy to as why he's not playing maybe he will be asked about it but when Gio gives an arrogant response like he did when questioned on where Davies was then I suspect we would get similar around Yilmaz.
I just hope he gets the chance soon, he's the typenof player Rangers need right now

I'll be surprised if Yilmaz starts on saturday. He's far too offensive for Gio.

Being serious though, he has an opportunity to freshen it up and take a few out who are obviously struggling for full fitness.....Lundstram, Tavernier,
True...so why did he sign him?? baffling!

I'm not talking about Tav, Davis or anybody else, over the years these guys have proven themselves in their respective positions, and of course, like any player, they can have a bad game, l commented on Barisic, a player who continually stands out as a weak link at the back, and not just against Liverpool, the basics of defending are simply lacking in his game, if he's not standing off his man, he's turning his back running away from him, giving the attacker far too much space to shoot or get a cross in. A few decent deliveries into the box every other game doesn't do it for me, but hey, there are obviously a few on here happy to laud mediocrity, I crave a bit more, Bassey raised the bar, we need to raise our standards and expectations.
I’ve defended Barisic but last night was a bit of an eye opener, as you say, the basics of defending are lacking in his game
We need full backs who can defend.

The next time Yilmaz will play is against Dundee, altintop has already said he is adapting and struggling m, needing support etc in his move.

He needs time to settle

Ah ha Bassey.Well the point i am making about the reason for our medocricy as you call it is all down to finance .Bassey proves the point as he's no longer here as we obviously couldn't to either afford to keep him or turn down an enormous return on a player who cost buttons in comparsion to what we received .I think we have actually done well to hold onto some of the players we have that were attracting interest after our europern run to the final.
We all crave the best for the team and club but in a world market we have to be realistic.
Very few clubs are bigger than us in the world but unfortunately a lot of leagues are better than the scottish backwater that we are stuck in .
Lets face it.It would have been a major shock to take anything from anfield last night and singling one player out for abuse because we didn't make an impression until 70 mins in is clasping at straws,especially as he was far from the worst player on display

I’ve defended Barisic but last night was a bit of an eye opener, as you say, the basics of defending are lacking in his game
We need full backs who can defend

Ah ha Bassey.Well the point i am making about the reason for our medocricy as you call it is all down to finance .Bassey proves the point as he's no longer here as we obviously couldn't to either afford to keep him or turn down an enormous return on a player who cost buttons in comparsion to what we received .I think we have actually done well to hold onto some of the players we have that were attracting interest after our europern run to the final.
We all crave the best for the team and club but in a world market we have to be realistic.
Very few clubs are bigger than us in the world but unfortunately a lot of leagues are better than the scottish backwater that we are stuck in .
Lets face it.It would have been a major shock to take anything from anfield last night and singling one player out for abuse because we didn't make an impression until 70 mins in is clasping at straws,especially as he was far from the worst player on display
You're rambling on, going off topic and trying your hardest to make excuses for Barisic's glaring weaknesses. You are implying that only rich clubs can buy competent defenders, what absolute nonsense, we proved with Bassey that the right players are out there for us, we just need a competent scouting/coaching team to find them.

You're rambling on, going off topic and trying your hardest to make excuses for Barisic's glaring weaknesses. You are implying that only rich clubs can buy competent defenders, what absolute nonsense, we proved with Bassey that the right players are out there for us, we just need a competent scouting/coaching team to find them.
i'm stating facts.you have tunnel vision.end off .
beat your head against some other wall .you won't change my view .exchange over

Yilmaz needs to start Saturday sick of barisic playing safe try to stand up a defender when he can’t defend and never wins a header

Borna is at his best when going forward and whipping his cross in. Unfortunately, he has had to play defense more than anything else as Kent is so awful. Barisic is scared to move up as he has no cover when he does. Kent is usually away in a dwalm and there are no left midfielders to cover the two men who are hunting down the left wing.
Give Borna some cover and we will see the real man. He didn't get to be Croatia's left back with Kent in front of him. I would play The young guy at left midfield with Malondo in front of him and Barisic at left back.

i'm stating facts.you have tunnel vision.end off .
beat your head against some other wall .you won't change my view .exchange over
You're not stating very much to be fair, instead of working yourself into a lather, try to look at things rationally, it's not that outrageous to envisage our club signing better quality players, is it?

Can’t wait to see this guy

Borna is the most negative full back I’ve ever seen
And yet our manager keeps playing him whilst keeping our young, attacking, promising big money player out the team...... borna obviously been told to play that way by management ?

Agreed. No issue with decisions to date Borna has been smashing in great deliveries all season (a lot of the time to ghosts right enough) but nothing came last night and surely we have to see Yilmaz run out

Yilmaz fits that criteria then does he not?

Yilmaz wasn't much better against Queen of the South? Are you sure you were watching the right game? He was one of the better players on the pitch and his goal assist for Arfield was absolute class. The way he commanded that wing and had that defender in his back pocket was very promising.

He was classes above that opposition and that is the problem. Gio has failed to utilise him more giving him vital game time, which is just one of the many mistakes he's made.

He's Turkeys best left back, he can hold his own soon as he's given a f***in chance.

Some accolade considering he’s not played a minute

Yilmaz fits that criteria then does he not?
You would certainly think so, three years at Besiktas and a Turkish international, he's highly regarded in his homeland and seems to tick all the boxes, unless of course you're manager of Rangers.

This is the signing that infuriates me the most

Nothing against the lad but what the hell was the point

Wish we had spent 4m on a midfielder
I believe that Barisic has made it known on a few occasions he wanted to leave and expected to get a move to Italy/Down South but nothing concrete came in and he stayed with us.

He’s got to work his way into the team on merit now and not just because it would make our transfer business less embarrassing if we play him.

I agree with comments above though that he should at least be getting on the pitch as a sub in games we are comfortable in.

Was surprised he didn’t get minutes in the second half against Hearts. It’s a strange one. Maybe he’s having trouble settling in or something. Or maybe Gio didn’t want him.

I'd like us just to give someone some time to settle in and adapt. I just wish there was some previous examples of some players taking longer than others to get going then becoming a success.

Borna defended last night as if he had never seen nor heard of Mo Salah before turning up at the ground. Frustrating to watch but he has had a good season thus far, no doubt(IMO) driven to some extent by the arrival of Yilmaz to provide competition.

I'd start Yilmaz at the weekend but do agree with a poster above that we're more likely to see him vs Dundee in the cup. Ideally need to start seeing what he can offer more regularly, particularly with this hectic schedule pre-World Cup.

Went for an overdue visit to the Turkish barber today and he was puzzled that he has not been given a chance. He mentioned that it is being talked about in the turkish media that he is not getting game time.

My only concern re starting a lot of different players Saturday is Celtic did that vs st mirren has it cost them. If changing players it can’t be whole of left defence etc. need to keep a bit of consistency and really use the 5 subs early to get a lotta time in legs coming on
Regardless of changes, St. Mirren are in excellent form. They have taken 15 points from their last 6 games.

They encamp and hit on the direct counter. Playing 2 very physical strikers. Saturday will be a very hard game. They will be tough to break down and will look to go long and exploit the space left, when our players go forward.

Surely the game to now play him is Saturday, Borna's worst performance this season, although i do get that he has been consistent. I Think it's the perfect chance to freshen it up and give Yilmaz the time he needs to prove himself.
How much better do you believe he played against the scum and Ajax?

Should start at the weekend, not sure what games the people who’re talking Borna up have been watching

All this time to settle in? Get the guy playing football hes been here months now hes a professional getting paid a lot of money for doing nothing at the moment.
Get him on the park and get him settled into the team, its starting to wear thin with me hes 21 not 16 ffs.And sick of hearing Borna playing well,theres plenty opportunities to get the guy on the park he should be starting Saturday but I beat he wont just 1 of many things wrong at the club just now.

Last edited:
Borna’s body shape and starting position for a full back is amateur level. He gives nearly every winger he is up against either time to get a cross in or beat him on the inside. Our left side is non existent right now but Gio still continues to play Borna and Kent.

We need full backs who can defend.
They're saying the same down south about Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Why have we spunked the majority of our budget on a player, that doesn’t play. Fucking stupidity
The answer to that is he’s been signed for 5 years not a matter of weeks.

I think we may see him 2nd half Saturday (if things are going to plan) and he will start against Dundee - then it should be a proper fight between him and Borna who is the regular starter

Yilmaz wasn't much better against Queen of the South? Are you sure you were watching the right game? He was one of the better players on the pitch and his goal assist for Arfield was absolute class. The way he commanded that wing and had that defender in his back pocket was very promising.

He was classes above that opposition and that is the problem. Gio has failed to utilise him more giving him vital game time, which is just one of the many mistakes he's made.

He's Turkeys best left back, he can hold his own soon as he's given a f***in chance.
Jings I don't think you were watching same game, I thought he was very poor against weak opposition i have to agree with the previous post he is not turkeys First choice left back I don't know where you got that from either

The answer to that is he’s been signed for 5 years not a matter of weeks.

I think we may see him 2nd half Saturday (if things are going to plan) and he will start against Dundee - then it should be a proper fight between him and Borna who is the regular starter
Another happy clapper doesn't our board love you..... we can't afford to sign players for big money to develop we need players coming in for that kind of money to hit ground running and be a first pick

Another happy clapper doesn't our board love you..... we can't afford to sign players for big money to develop we need players coming in for that kind of money to hit ground running and be a first pick
I am not a happy clapper at all - far from it.

if it had been up to me I would have spent the guts of 5m on a midfielder or a right winger which we are crying out for but that doesn't suit your argument.

Yilmaz does have a lot of potential and ultimately could make the club a large profit if he develops assumedly as the manager / scouting team hope and expect - that may or may not happen.

but look at the facts of Yilmaz.

• 21 years old
  • never played football or lived in another country
  • didn't speak a word of English

not excuses but these things need to be considered when people are decrying his signing after being here 3 months.

now if your saying that money could and should have been better used elsewhere that i do agree with.

Personally think it’s time to start easing him in. I feel like we’re at the stage with Borna now that if he doesn’t have a howler and get a doing off the winger then we class it as a good game. He’s still our main weakness and it’s no coincidence that every team target him.

I’m happy for Borna to start, as he has been the least of our worries this season so far.

My issue is that there doesn’t seem
To be any forward planning, we know Borna picks up wee niggles, and can’t play every game, so why in games like Hearts last week when it’s comfortable are we not giving Yilmaz minutes?

We can’t expect him to come I’m from the cold and perform, it’s crazy.

if it had been up to me I would have spent the guts of 5m on a midfielder or a right winger which we are crying out for but that doesn't suit your argument.

Yilmaz does have a lot of potential and ultimately could make the club a large profit if he develops assumedly as the manager / scouting team hope and expect - that may or may not happen.

• 21 years old

not excuses but these things need to be considered when people are decrying his signing after being here 3 months.

now if your saying that money could and should have been better used elsewhere that i do agree with.
Can you name a player weve signed before who weve treated so much with kid gloves ?its at least 3 months ago he signed ,I'm just not getting it, hes payed to play bloody football. This moving to another country is part of his job hes 21 years old ffs i had 2 kids a mortgage and working abroad at that age with people who hardly spoke English a lot of excuses going on for this guy get him on the flecking park doing what hes getting payed for.

• 21 years old

I accept your points, but on the basis of what limited game time I have seen i do not hold out much hope of us selling him for profit my main concern is his serious lack of inches to make it especially as a defender in the modern game you need to be tall and powerful there are 1 or 2 exceptions but not many especially down south I think we have paid far too much to leave room for a profit, this deal smacks of an agent using the club with the promise of riches down the line

Can you name a player weve signed before who weve treated so much with kid gloves ?its at least 3 months ago he signed ,I'm just not getting it, hes payed to play bloody football. This moving to another country is part of his job hes 21 years old ffs i had 2 kids a mortgage and working abroad at that age with people who hardly spoke English a lot of excuses going on for this guy get him on the flecking park doing what hes getting payed for.
I kind of agree. I get the whole 'ease him in gently' argument but were6not really doing that. It doesn't even feel like gio considers him an option for even coming off the bench.

I hate this settling in pish.

Surely the best way to settle in and feel part of the group is to play football and create a bond and a relationship with his teammates?

Right now he is probably an afterthought to most of our team as he has no impact on the pitch and can't speak English.

Back