Yilmaz

I am starting to be concerned that he is going to turn out like Zukowski and find the homesickness too much to handle. I know that the trading model is sign promising players, polish them up and then sell on but the more successful eastern Europe players we have had in the past 20 years have generally either been more mature in age or had experience outside their own domestic league.
Zuchowski was already Polish

Looking like he’s takin a stretch

Ridvan Yilmaz (born 21 May 2001) is a Turkish professional footballer who plays as a left back for Scottish Premiership club Rangers and the Turkey national team.

Ridvan Yilmaz
National team‡
Senior career*
Youth career
Club information
Personal information
Rıdvan Yılmaz (2021-22 Süper Lig) - Resim1 (cropped).png
Yilmaz in 2021
Date of birth21 May 2001(age 21)
Place of birthGaziosmanpaşa, Istanbul, Turkey
Height6 ft 7 in (201 cm)
Position(s)Left back
Current teamRangers
Number3
2009–2019Beşiktaş
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2019–2022Beşiktaş52(4)
2022–Rangers1(0)
2016–2017Turkey U1610(0)
2017–2018Turkey U1714(0)
2018–2019Turkey U1815(1)
2019–2020Turkey U196(0)
2020–Turkey U215(0)
2021–Turkey6(0)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 7 August 2022
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 24 July 2022

Contents​

Club careerEdit

BeşiktaşEdit

Yilmaz spent all 10 years of his youth career in the academy of Beşiktaş.[1] Yılmaz made his professional debut with Beşiktaş as a late sub in a 2–7 Süper Lig win over Çaykur Rizespor on 8 April 2019 .[2]

RangersEdit

On 25 July 2022, Yilmaz joined Scottish club Rangers on a five-year deal.[3] He made his debut for the club as a substitute against Belgian side Union Saint-Gilloise during a UEFA Champions League qualifier loss on 2 August.[4]

I hate this settling in pish.

Surely the best way to settle in and feel part of the group is to play football and create a bond and a relationship with his teammates?

Right now he is probably an afterthought to most of our team as he has no impact on the pitch and can't speak English.
One real positive moment against QOTS. Alright the opposition isn’t the best but surely he deserved to be trusted with 20 minutes in some games build in that confidence.

I sometimes wonder if our tactics are so completely complicated that it takes players 6 months to figure out what they have to do

Barisic should have been chased and never played again after his shitebaggery performance at the piggery last season , never seen any player look so terrified on a football pitch . The image of McGregor screaming at him and doing nothing still sickens me to this day.
Said it after that game too and i standby it,the biggest bottle merchant ever to wear our jersey never seen anything like it that game should have been hunted the next day.

Looking like he’s takin a stretch

Ridvan Yilmaz (born 21 May 2001) is a Turkish professional footballer who plays as a left back for Scottish Premiership club Rangers and the Turkey national team.

Ridvan Yilmaz
National team‡
Senior career*
Youth career
Club information
Personal information
Rıdvan Yılmaz (2021-22 Süper Lig) - Resim1 (cropped).png
Yilmaz in 2021
Date of birth21 May 2001(age 21)
Place of birthGaziosmanpaşa, Istanbul, Turkey
Height6 ft 7 in (201 cm)
Position(s)Left back
Current teamRangers
Number3
2009–2019Beşiktaş
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2019–2022Beşiktaş52(4)
2022–Rangers1(0)
2016–2017Turkey U1610(0)
2017–2018Turkey U1714(0)
2018–2019Turkey U1815(1)
2019–2020Turkey U196(0)
2020–Turkey U215(0)
2021–Turkey6(0)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 7 August 2022
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 24 July 2022

Contents​

Club careerEdit

BeşiktaşEdit

Yilmaz spent all 10 years of his youth career in the academy of Beşiktaş.[1] Yılmaz made his professional debut with Beşiktaş as a late sub in a 2–7 Süper Lig win over Çaykur Rizespor on 8 April 2019 .[2]

RangersEdit

On 25 July 2022, Yilmaz joined Scottish club Rangers on a five-year deal.[3] He made his debut for the club as a substitute against Belgian side Union Saint-Gilloise during a UEFA Champions League qualifier loss on 2 August.[4]
6'7" WTF is he being fed?

I absolutely would.

And a front four of colak, matondo, Tillman and sakala. Or if gio would grow a set, colak, matondo, Tillman and Alfie

I was critical of Barisic as he's turned in too many cowardly performances in his spell with us, but since Yilmaz came in he improved a bit again.

In saying that, he's just too negative as a full back now. He doesn't have the pace to get forward, can't beat a man and his defending one on one gives me the fear. He retreats about 30 yards and gives the right winger as much space as he wants.
The last sentence. Why the %^*& does he do it. It serves no purpose whatsoever. He knows the ball is going in the box, the attacker does and so do we.

Do you have a link to this quote? Must have missed it
Do you have a link to this quote? Must have missed it.
Was in a recent press conference maybe before Hearts were he said he had taken time to settle but was starting to look closer to the standard in training.

People can talk about his potential till the cows come home but he’s clearly not made the required standard so far

Borna and Yilmaz both on left
I mentioned this a few weeks ago.

We have an issue with RW, Kent is good on both feet so could try him off the right and Ridvan off the left with Borna behind him.

Can’t be any worse than shoehorning players into the RW position like Tillman and Sakala.

Back