You can only pick one player from the past

Surprised your the first person to say cooper mate!
Cooper went too many games sometimes not doing a great deal. Laudrup for me though he slacked a bit too in his last year. Re Baxter - I didn't see him play in person but a former player told me he was a lazy bastard at times but brilliant when he turned it on.

Hardtopleaseloyal

Although there are better players I'd love to see back in the team (Laudrup for starters) Arthur Numan would solve the biggest problem area in the team. Imagine teams trying to cope with Tav and Numan down both flanks.

At his absolute best, Gazza.
But to be honest you could toss a coin with Laudrup. Both are match winners on their own.

Comedy entry: Staale Stensaas. On the basis so much promise delivered so little.

Cooper they could play all the 11 man defences they want and he would still twist and turn them inside out then roll it to Alfie to tap it in or he could belt it from 25 yards and burst the net .
Also with defenders not able to touch a player in the box Tav would have at least one penalty a game if the refs played fair

I’ve been following Rangers since the 1950’s and James Curran Baxter is without doubt the finest player we’ve had in my lifetime.

He never got the recognition his football deserved because he was a piss artist and gambler and basically wrecked himself. Also suffered from a load of hangers on. Big parallels with Gazza.

If you put Baxter on the park with ten grannies you’d still be in with a chance.

Another great shout would be he’s blue he’s white....
We Durranty was a sensational footballer, he had the lot and dare I say if it wasn’t for the injury I’d say he would have easy been looked at as genuine world class.

I’m being gready here, pre injury Mols was also as good as anyone I ever seen play for Us.

Cooper went too many games sometimes not doing a great deal. Laudrup for me though he slacked a bit too in his last year. Re Baxter - I didn't see him play in person but a former player told me he was a lazy bastard at times but brilliant when he turned it on.

Hardtopleaseloyal

Think Baxter was a bit of a Morelos or Tav of his time (though at a much higher level than either, obviously). He was often criticised for one of his greater strengths. For all of his sublime skill, he actually was a team player and would regularly be the outball for the keeper in a modern left back position before running up and down the length of the wing.

At almost any moment in history, if you were to ask the top 10 players in the world what they thought of Scottish footballers, they’d either be bemused by the question or just laugh at you. They certainly couldn’t name any beyond maybe Dalgleish, Law or Souness.

Pele and Puskas - 2 players who would rank in most people’s top 10 of all time - both named Baxter as amongst the greatest of their era. If I could add one player to any team, it would be the one Pele and Puskas wanted on their side.

Brian Laudrup is the best Rangers player of my lifetime.
Gazza is the one with most natural ability and would improve the current team more, I would have said Laudrup had we not got Kent.

However just to throw a name in that hasn't been mentioned (or if it has I missed it) and again makes more sense before Kent signed than now. Neil McCann

We have a decent enough set of defenders. We can also look good in attack.

What's missing in our team as we're currently set up? A wee ginger hardnut in midfield who will be the 'missing link' and will run his socks off for 90 minutes and ghost in for the odd goal or three.

Step up, Wee Doddie.

Laudrup was my favorite player growing up, but Gazza would be the best addition to the current team. Still hard to believe that it wasn’t so long ago that we had so many genuinely world class players.

Back