You can only pick one player from the past

Laudrup, simply because he would have absolutely no problem opening up the deep lying defences we face every week now.

Alberta chipping in with 20 goals from midfield would be handy too, right enough.

Laudrup. Every time he got the ball you sensed something was going to happen and it usually did. Would also have Loved to have got big Daniel cousin when he was a bit younger.

Big Terry Butcher would command that penalty box or Davie Cooper's some have mentioned he didn't turn up at games but when a player of the calibre of Ruud Gullit describes him as magical well is there much else to say

That can only be Baxter. Could dribble, pass and score from outside the box. Played in a World X1, had the
Greats raving about him inc. Pele, Puskas and Best. Mind you, Puskas
was a drinking buddy.

This, chuckled when I saw the comments about Hurlock booting Brown into orbit, Ian Ferguson would have done the same and to others like that tramp at the Accies, but scored a few too
I thought of my hero Cooper or Super or Jorg, but Ian Ferguson wins for me. Could control the game and rag doll whoever was in front of him, and he could play, add to that a thunderbolt shot from outside the box.
A True Blue Winner.

Surprised it took 4 pages for this. We need a left back more than any other position and Papac is probably the most consistent performer of that team 10 years ago

Would Sasa transform the team though?
Solid, reliable, fantastic defender. (Other than McGregor losing his mind over him standing off crossers)
Most of the other players mentioned take the entire team to a new level. Yeah our LB is a problem area, but not so much that you’d immediately leave out some of the names mentioned above (if you get my point)

Love Sasa btw. I nicknamed him the sniper. Cool, calculated and efficient.

I already picked GS the magnificent B however DJ would be a great option too, before my time but I’m sure if he had played as a striker for his whole career he would be out top goal scorer of all time.

Back