You couldn't make it up ...

The Royal Standard

Just had a conversation with a Dundee Hibs fan at work. It went like this ..
Him : did you see the Celtic v PSG game last night ?
Me : nah, don't watch them
Him : supporter ran on the pitch to attack one of PSG players .
Me : aye I heard
Him: do you think it really was a Celtic supporter?
Me: how do you mean ?
Him : wouldn't surprise me if it was a Rangers supporter dressed up in order to get Celtic into bother .....
Me : says nothing walking away in total disbelief .
Honest to god you couldn't make it up with these kunts

Diseased. How the fûck could a Rangers fan wear their clatty rags, let alone sit in amongst them. That's before you even get to laying their hands on what would have been a hard to get ticket, before you even consider handing them money.

I deliberately avoid fans of other clubs. Life is easier that way.

Brilliant, common sense seems to have done the bunk with the majority of Scottish football fans.

A guy is going to ruin his life, probably lose his job, possible jail time, football banning order or a massive fine just to embarrass Celtic.

Him : wouldn't surprise me if it was a Rangers supporter dressed up in order to get Celtic into bother .....
That's what you get for engaging with fruit loops

Just because it was a guy wearing a Celtic top and scarf doesn't mean it was a Celtic fan. ©chick young

Hahahaha, love all that patter.

Just shows you how media etc have portrayed us that people automatically assume when there is a misbehaving fan it must be linked to us.

Hardly surprising when you have a compliant media on message from Peter and the PR machine....

What stance have they all taken?

The Sun: "allegedly".
BBC: "a supporter" or "someone wearing Celtic colours" (paraphrasing now).
STV: ?
Snyde:?
Gherald:?

They will do anything but accuse their paymasters of foul play the result is that fools like your colleague think the way they do.

You should have told him it was.It was planned to give bad publicity to the scum.All over soshal medya in no time.

It would take a special kind of Rangers fan who would be willing to disguise himself as a tim, buy a ticket for the match, and get himself arrested and humiliated simply to spite his rival club. A person like that would certainly have a ton of pictorial evidence of him as a Bear.

It's the talk of the office today - apparently a lad here knows the assailant and can confirm that he is in fact a Celtic fan.

Utterly mental.

They all have a deep lying mental illness that surfaces during anything to do with Football

I would need to be nailed to the floor with 6 inch nails before I would have a fhilthy poet rag put round my neck.

Some people just can't comprehend that we don't have anything close to the level of obsession with them, that they have with us.

I bet there is an identical thread on Arab Net or whatever it's called titled "Trolled a Hun in work today".

He done you up and got the reaction he wanted. You should have reacted by confirming the story and saying it was another operation tango from what you had heard.

Bheggar at my work said something along the same lines; "I hope it turns out that guy is actually a Rangers fan" o_O what planet are some people on?

They've already done it to us, so no surprise that some of them think we'll stoop to their level.

Surprise Surprise PSG have been cited by UEFA for broken seats in the away section allegedly.Funny how when they do something it always emerges that damage was done to their shithole of a park

If I remember rightly one of their scum fans did exactly this at Ibrox a few years ago .It doesn't seem to ever get mentioned by the media

If I remember rightly one of their scum fans did exactly this at Ibrox a few years ago .It doesn't seem to ever get mentioned by the media

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6658003.stm

Man admits Rangers match protest
Sean Gallagher
Sean Gallagher will be sentenced in Glasgow next month
A man has admitted carrying out a sectarian protest that brought a Rangers European match to a halt.

Sean Gallagher, 21, from Glasgow, ran across the Ibrox pitch in November 2006 draped in a Palestinian flag and wearing a Pope T-shirt.

He was dragged away by police as he tried to handcuff himself to a goalpost before launching abuse at Rangers fans.

At the city's sheriff court Gallagher admitted a sectarian breach of the peace. He will be sentenced next month.

The protest came during Rangers' UEFA Cup clash with Israeli side Maccabi Haifa.

The game was being transmitted by the BBC to millions of viewers across the country.

Gallagher could face jail when he returns to the court on 14 June after a social inquiry report is carried out.

He ran from the left enclosure and was clearly draped in a Palestinian flag
Fiscal John Bedford

He may also have to pay the £4,000 fine that Rangers were handed from UEFA for the protest.

Midway through the second-half, Gallagher jumped out of the 45,000-strong crowd and got onto the pitch.

Fiscal John Bedford, prosecuting, told the court: "He ran from the left enclosure and was clearly draped in a Palestinian flag.

"He was also wearing a T-shirt showing Pope Benedict and made his way towards the 150 Maccabi fans.

"Gallagher was chased the full length of the pitch and this had a knock on effect in that the game had to be halted."

He managed to get to the goal at the Broomloan Road end where he tried to cuff himself to a post.

Police and security guards
Police and security struggled with the man

Police officers and stewards struggled with him before finally getting him off the pitch.

Gallagher then repeatedly chanted "Tiocfaidh Ar La", meaning "Our Day Will Come" - the unofficial slogan of the IRA - at nearby Rangers fans, who became "extremely annoyed" and had to be restrained.

The game was eventually restarted after a four-minute delay.

Mr Bedford added the club is now looking for the former hospital worker to compensate them.

Gallagher was also originally charged with racial aggravation, but prosecutors removed this to allow for a guilty plea.

Ross Yuill, defending, said Gallagher had been forced to move from his home in the city's Woodlands due to death threats.

Mr Yuill added that Gallagher had asked for his new address not to be revealed in open court.

Sheriff Fiona Tait deferred sentencing until next month due to the "public order consequences" of what Gallagher had done.

The then Rangers boss Paul le Guen described the protest as disrespectful.

You can see his logic, Rangers fan goes undercover and joins the Green brigade buys a season ticket then buys a Cl package just to get celik hauled up in front of UEFA.

You can see his logic, Rangers fan goes undercover and joins the Green brigade buys a season ticket then buys a Cl package just to get celik hauled up in front of UEFA.
Dam, I wish i'd thought of that :eek:

They simply don't understand that just because they have enough lunatics in their bigoted, demented support who are obsessed and crazed enough to pull a stunt like this, we don't.

There has only been one factual incidence of this happening in Scottish Football, and of course it was a Celtic fan - Shitey Sean Gallagher.

Daily Mail description today was "a fan, wearing a Celtic scarf".

It's not in them to simply say "a Celtic fan".

I posted this last night, but it still makes me laugh.

I love the idea that someone wearing a Celtic scarf, who has paid 50 quid to gain access to the Celtic stadium, who then invades the pitch and tries to kick a player who has just scored against Celtic, might in fact not be a Celtic fan, but instead is a random passerby who happened to be wearing a Celtic scarf and in fact, isn't a Celtic fan at all.

I posted this last night, but it still makes me laugh.

I love the idea that someone wearing a Celtic scarf, who has paid 50 quid to gain access to the Celtic stadium, who then invades the pitch and tries to kick a player who has just scored against Celtic, might in fact not be a Celtic fan, but instead is a random passerby who happened to be wearing a Celtic scarf and in fact, isn't a Celtic fan at all.

Dont forget also going for a gangrene interview before being allowed to go in that section.

i honestly dont know how you kept your cool mate, hats of for the composure and calm shown, im sure at the very least i would have got very loud and shouty :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6658003.stm

Man admits Rangers match protest
Sean Gallagher
Sean Gallagher will be sentenced in Glasgow next month
A man has admitted carrying out a sectarian protest that brought a Rangers European match to a halt.

Sean Gallagher, 21, from Glasgow, ran across the Ibrox pitch in November 2006 draped in a Palestinian flag and wearing a Pope T-shirt.

He was dragged away by police as he tried to handcuff himself to a goalpost before launching abuse at Rangers fans.

At the city's sheriff court Gallagher admitted a sectarian breach of the peace. He will be sentenced next month.

The protest came during Rangers' UEFA Cup clash with Israeli side Maccabi Haifa.

The game was being transmitted by the BBC to millions of viewers across the country.

Gallagher could face jail when he returns to the court on 14 June after a social inquiry report is carried out.

He ran from the left enclosure and was clearly draped in a Palestinian flag
Fiscal John Bedford

He may also have to pay the £4,000 fine that Rangers were handed from UEFA for the protest.

Midway through the second-half, Gallagher jumped out of the 45,000-strong crowd and got onto the pitch.

Fiscal John Bedford, prosecuting, told the court: "He ran from the left enclosure and was clearly draped in a Palestinian flag.

"He was also wearing a T-shirt showing Pope Benedict and made his way towards the 150 Maccabi fans.

"Gallagher was chased the full length of the pitch and this had a knock on effect in that the game had to be halted."

He managed to get to the goal at the Broomloan Road end where he tried to cuff himself to a post.

Police and security guards
Police and security struggled with the man

Police officers and stewards struggled with him before finally getting him off the pitch.

Gallagher then repeatedly chanted "Tiocfaidh Ar La", meaning "Our Day Will Come" - the unofficial slogan of the IRA - at nearby Rangers fans, who became "extremely annoyed" and had to be restrained.

The game was eventually restarted after a four-minute delay.

Mr Bedford added the club is now looking for the former hospital worker to compensate them.

Gallagher was also originally charged with racial aggravation, but prosecutors removed this to allow for a guilty plea.

Ross Yuill, defending, said Gallagher had been forced to move from his home in the city's Woodlands due to death threats.

Mr Yuill added that Gallagher had asked for his new address not to be revealed in open court.

Sheriff Fiona Tait deferred sentencing until next month due to the "public order consequences" of what Gallagher had done.

The then Rangers boss Paul le Guen described the protest as disrespectful.

Did he pay the fine for us? Just shows you how mentally deranged they are and obsessed. Not one of our fans would ever do that.

We have so many enemies that I am not surprised he suggested it was a Rangers fan. Thickos each and every one of them

Sounds like an evil "tim" has been noising you up

You should have told him there was a crowdfunding link on the secret lounge of FF that was to buy a scarf and ticket so we could get someone in undercover just to discredit that mob....

Back