'You don't want to sub them too early'

stu4

'You don't want to sub them too early, cause it could harm them for a long time'

Correct me If I'm wrong, but did Gerrard say this to Sky Post match.

Clearly meaning Alfredo, as Halliday was subbed at Ht.

So we'll leave him on till 75 minutes and just ship more points this week as it could harm him, never mind us!!!

What kind of management is that?

At least don't blurt it out to the nation, even though we can all see it.

That coupled with the Helander comment, I think we should have dingy'ed the Sky post match today, as it doesn't reflect great.

'You don't want to sub them too early, cause it could harm them for a long time'

So we'll leave him on till 75 minutes and just ship more points this week as it could harm him, never mind us!!!

That coupled with the Helander comment, I think we should have dingy'ed the Sky post match today, as it doesn't reflect great.
I'd say it was about Katic.

I don’t know if he said it or not but it’s utter shite regardless.

Katic needed hooked today for his own sake and the teams.

Edmonson must think he’s pretty pish when he can’t get on instead of Katic in that situation.

But he didn't sub Katic

That's why I'm thinking it was mibi Alfredo he meant?

Mibi it was in the context of centre half's, I'd need to hear it back

But he didn't sub Katic

That's why I'm thinking it was mibi Alfredo he meant?

Mibi it was in the context of centre half's, I'd need to hear it back
I'm pretty sure the interviewer was asking about the defending at the first goal when he made the quote?

Yes he said it, and yes I'm 99% certain it was about Katic.

This is the lad he's previously described as a future captain, and a project. Therefore he was potentially worried about the damage it might do to him to hook him at half time.

Not saying I agreed, but that - I'm pretty sure - is the context from Gerrard's perspective.

Thing is, if he makes early subs it takes away the opportunity of an attacking sub later in the game.
We did get back on level terms, and get ahead despite Katic remaining on the park.

He took Halliday off at 45 mins today, which makes the comment a nonsense.

Unless it was in the context of explicitly meaning centre half's, but am not sure it was. I think it was in defence of not taking Morelos off too soon.

He left Kamara on longer than he should on thursday and nearly cost us the tie(3rd goal). It basically caused the crowd to scream at him to get him to %^*& off. Today he left Katic on and it cost him, his fault today, fucking woeful management

He was obviously refering to Katic but I thought it was a strange comment to make when I heard it. Wasn't the best interview SG has given in his time up here to be honest.

Yes he said it, and yes I'm 99% certain it was about Katic.

This is the lad he's previously described as a future captain, and a project. Therefore he was potentially worried about the damage it might do to him to hook him at half time.

Not saying I agreed, but that - I'm pretty sure - is the context from Gerrard's perspective.

Ah cool, I only caught the subbing part of the interview.

Thing is, if he makes early subs it takes away the opportunity of an attacking sub later in the game.
We did get back on level terms, and get ahead despite Katic remaining on the park.
And leaving him on the pitch cost us the game. The 2 goals from us came in spite of him, not with the help of him. On the other hand, both of their goals were gifts from Katic. An early sub and more positive play allows us 60-70 minutes to try and change the game. Instead we make the change at 45 minutes, but don’t actually change what the problem was. Madness.

Katic to all intents is an apprentice footballer hence the reference to Hellander post match

Should have subbed Morelos earlier on he just doesn't look fit at all and his touch is bad just now he surely saw that watching from the sidelines.
We should also have subbed Katic it makes no sense sticking with two players who are offering nothing.

And leaving him on the pitch cost us the game. The 2 goals from us came in spite of him, not with the help of him. On the other hand, both of their goals were gifts from Katic. An early sub and more positive play allows us 60-70 minutes to try and change the game. Instead we make the change at 45 minutes, but don’t actually change what the problem was. Madness.
Not for me, bud.
I accept his errors cost us but in between them, I’m not sure our opponents were too much of a threat.

You heard it correctly .. He did say that and when asked what he can do to correct our defensive problems. He said get Helander fit as soon as possible.... What was he thinking about, very naive and amateur at best

Doesn't want to sub him to early to avoid knocking his confidence but then says he needs Hellander back sharpish! Don't worry about katics confidence worry about your job Stevie

Surely that's a load of shit. Would it not be easier on the player who is having a nightmare to have it explained at half time in the confines of the dressing room that he's being removed rather than leave him on with the possible intention of bringing him off after another mistake 10 minutes onto the second half with the crowd on his back? Or even leaving him on all game as with Katic today.

You heard it correctly .. He did say that and when asked what he can do to correct our defensive problems. He said get Helander fit as soon as possible.... What was he thinking about, very naive and amateur at best
Not a good comment by Gerrard. What if Helander comes back and makes a few bad errors. He’s painted himself into a corner.

Back